Sideshow: Darth Malgus Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the movies
There was NO Standing army of the republic during this time.
There was an army at the START of the republic. it was disbanded. SOME worlds kept private militias ( like Naboo, for example) but not many did.

Well to be fair to them, i tried to do some reseach and found that canon books and comics released in 2000 and 2001 stated that the republic had a full-scale army until the Ruusan reformation in 1000 BBY.

The army was disbanded at that time, so having a Republic army in 3000 bby is canon.

But a clone outfit for them is still :dunno (their armor even looked more advanced than the Clone Wars armor :lol)
----------
I'll just get my figs and watch the trailers.. im not sure if i'll touch the game :lol

This game, story wise, is to Star wars what Devils due comics are to G.I. Joe. it's Fanfiction. Nothing more. nothing less.

You just described 99.9% of the EU to me. :huh

Anyway, since BioWare was responsible for one of the only pieces of EU I feel is worth a damn (KOTOR, which to me is actually better than the PT) I'm going go give them the benefit of the doubt here, though I do hear what you're sayng with regards to the head-scratching art direction choices in TOR.

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for the game-play, and am willing to give it a pass. it's just, It could have been soo much better than it is.
By that, i'm saying i think it'll be Pretty good, to great, but it COULD have been amazing.

The art direction, i get teh impression that what Lucasfilm wanted was a Clone Wars MMO, but Bioware wouldn't capitulate. so they met 1/2way with the Art direction.

My only REAL concern for the game is this.

Long term, it's NOT going to be a WoWkiller. That's what EA wants, and they have said it several times. when WAR failed to become a Wow-killer, they slashed it's budget, and fired most of its team, the ones they didn't fire got shuffeled to this project to work with bioware.

I'm just worried what they might do in a year or so.

The art direction is stylized so it can run on low end computers as well as high end. Been stated multiple times.

Not into these types of games, but the CGI trailers are insane. Love the fight scenes. But I agree with some of you guys, it completely irks me that the soldiers have more advanced armor than the clones and the ships and everything else look exactly the same. And from the way the commercials seem, I guess this game introduces the beginning of the sith reign? Seems like the jedi are all but wiped out towards the end. And what happened to that girl jedi and soldier who were in the first two videos?

And what happened to that girl jedi and soldier who were in the first two videos?

The girl jedi, Satele Shan, was in a fake peace summit [on Alderaan] engineered by the Sith (hence they were "deceived"), the republic trooper was fighting somewhere i think..

Malgus in that third one was very ominous and lvl 1000 badass :yess:

Speaking of the next Sith... I think I found her:

Darth Skank* :lol

IMG_1976.JPG

*Sincere apologies if this is you, or your mother

What the?! How dare you insult my aunt like that!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

just kiddin' :lol

:peace

The girl jedi, Satele Shan, was in a fake peace summit [on Alderaan] engineered by the Sith (hence they were "deceived"), the republic trooper was fighting somewhere i think..

Malgus in that third one was very ominous and lvl 1000 badass :yess:

Yeah he was, but she was pretty beastly too. They had a cool fight!

The graphics style is due to making sure that as many people can play it as possible, along with just the huge amount of content in the game it would take way too long to make everything high detail.

The amount of the content in the game is several times more than KOTOR, more than they've actually said.

The art direction is stylized so it can run on low end computers as well as high end. Been stated multiple times.

The graphics style is due to making sure that as many people can play it as possible, along with just the huge amount of content in the game it would take way too long to make everything high detail.

The amount of the content in the game is several times more than KOTOR, more than they've actually said.

Let me Clarify what i mean by Art direction. Which is what we are talking about here.
The art department has created ships for the empire that look like imperial star destoryers.
They have created armor and weapons for the Republic troopers that look like equipment used by Clones.
These choices by the teame are clearly inspired by existing ships and tech in Star wars. my problem is that they look TOO much like clone troopers and star destoryes. things that don't exist yet.
Examples of art direction choices : Steampunk, cyberpunk, Gothic, etc.

What you guys are talking about is Art style.
Art STYLE is something else entirely. The Clone wars animated Series has a very specific style. Comic books have a very specific style. The cinematic intor to the game has a hyper- realistic art style. this is common practice for most games. The actual gameplay has a more cartoony, simplified art style. This was done for the reasons you suggested.
Examples of Art Style choices : Hyper-realistic, simplified, Cartoony, photorealistic, etc.

My implication about the art direction going in a similar direction to Clone wars, references the similarities in the following areas

Republic troopers who look like clones, fighting Sith forces who use Droid armies that resemble primitive versions of battle droids and destroyer droids.

To me, that speaks of an attempt to capitalize on the success of the animated series, possibly at the direction of lucasfilm.
Which, all things considered, is a very smart business decision.

Just FYI guys, those who buy the collector's edition of the game will get the Darth Malgus Gentle Giant statue.

Just FYI guys, those who buy the collector's edition of the game will get the Darth Malgus Gentle Giant statue.

Wow might pick that up and sell the game at a cheaper price :lol
Wonder how good a GG Malgus will look like. I'm quite inexperienced with Gentle Giant statues

EU will (or would) be half of my investment into 1/6 Star Wars. This better be something, I want a Darth Bane...

This game is about as Non-Canon as is possible. it craps ALL OVER established canon, both from the films, and the EU.

I don't see anything in those trailers that "craps all over" OT canon, so who cares? It looks like an alternate take on the entire prequel universe and I've got to say, when it looks this much better, I'm all for it.

You've got to be a real diehard EU reader/PT fan to take issue with the awesomeness in those trailers, IMO. "Oh no, it totally negated John C. Hack's novel 'On the Wings of a Gungan,' or Sio Bibble's classic line about the formation of the Republic!" Novels? Sio Bibble? Psssh, whatever. Bring on this new badass era of Star Wars! :D

many people today are uncertain of our own history dating only a few decades back... worrying about a thousand years within a fictional fairy tale universe may be missing the point (it is all about fun... and legend... and escapism).

Back