Star Wars EU figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi i'm not sure if anyone feels the same way as I do but i would love if Hot Toys or Sideshow would do a 1/6 line for Expanded Universe figures I mean Sideshow already announced a 1/6 Darth Talon and a planned Bastila Shan I think that is already great and would insta order both of them but I would love to see more then just that maybe Dash Rendar or a figure for Darth Revan or Malak or a newer Thrawn.

If you want a good line of 1/6 EU figs post your ideas below.

I really enjoyed the Clone Wars as well and would love a 1/6 Ahsoka Tano. Do not know that much about the expanded universe, but I would pick up a 1/6 Darth Talon in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't mind having:

Vestara Khai
Gavar Khai
Darth Bane
Sith species characters like Darth Scourge
Revan
Malak
Starkiller

There's actually tons I'd love to have.

Since Disney has pretty much disavowed the EU canon it's a good bet that you are never going to see anything else made from the EU.

Since Disney has pretty much disavowed the EU canon it's a good bet that you are never going to see anything else made from the EU.

Hasbro said they still can and will, so who knows maybe SSC will as well.

Funny cause isn't Hasbro's contract renewal that SSC leases to make figures on renewal next year?

I have no clue. So SSC leases the Star Wars contract from Hasbro and SSC lease ends next year,is that you you meant? I never knew that.

I know Hasbro has the Marvel and Star Wars license through 2020 so I would assume that SSC would still be able to produce figures, hopefully more Clone Wars and EU 1/6th and Premium Format stuff. Leave the movie figures to Hot Toys.

This is from Jedi Business from a Q&A at Celebration

J.B.: The Clone Wars, will there still be support for that, or the Expanded Universe which is Legends now?

Hasbro: We'll be celebrating the entire phantasy in the years to come. Sure, during a movie time period we certainly put a lot of weight behind it, but over the next year or two and beyond we'll certainly have figures from the Clone Wars, of course from Rebels and the Original Trilogy.

The entire "phantasy." Although there is no direct mention to the EU, I am hoping that they still will. Most recent example I can think of is the Black Series Bastilla Shan.

Agreed. Unfortunately the only EU/legacy stuff we'll see (if any) will be in the 3-3/4" and or 6" variety. Neither of which interest me.

There are several characters i would love to buy but i think it is unlikely they would ever be made.

I have what I want,

but Stackpole's Rogue Squadron would also be cool.

Well on the upcoming Star Wars Figures page it says Darth Talon confirmed in development soo yeah and bastila is under confirmed planned and Cyborg Maul is confirmed in development as well.

Awesome collection man I am thinking about purchasing Malgus someday and if I can find it Thrawn I really hope they can make some EU figs to me my list goes

1. Zayne Carrick
2. A New Thrawn
2. Ganner Krieg (pretty much any imperial Knight)
3. Darth Nihilus
4. Pre Vizla
5. Savage Opress
6. Mara Jade
7. A Yuuzhan Vong Warrior.
8. Exar Kun
9. Nomi Sunrider
10. Warb Null
11. Ulic Qel Droma
12. Vodo Siosk Baas
13. Ood Bnar

Pretty much any one from Tales of the Jedi
14. Executor Sedriss
15. Clone Palpatine
16. Dass Jennir
17. Embo
18. Cad Bane
19. Garazeb Orrelios
20. The Bad Batch

Last edited:
I read somewhere a while back that non canon stuff was off the table. Can't remember which thread but it was a while back and that merchandising was to focus on films and any new releases. Things like the death watch, cad bane etc. Would be great but there are holes for characters in the films e.g. Dooku, royal guards that really need filling. I think ones like talon, bastill although rumoured in development will not see the light of day due to canon-icity and also because that list was created a while back even before disney take over.

Well on the upcoming Star Wars Figures page it says Darth Talon confirmed in development soo yeah and bastila is under confirmed planned and Cyborg Maul is confirmed in development as well.

Max Rebo band is still "in development" from five years ago. So are a lot of other stuff that I gave up on hoping for. It seems Sideshow "confirming" it's "in development" really doesn't mean anything because so many figs never materialized over the years.

Hasbro has said that they still can do EU stuff (it's on the table). Although now it will be rebranded "Legends".

This is from an interview with Hasbro at this years' celebration:

Q: Okay, I’ll leave it at that. One of the interesting things that I saw last year was the Target exclusive Shadow Troopers. Awesome set. What was interesting to me was that it was more of an EU type line. Are there more potential EU characters coming out?

A: We did a lot of EU in 3 3/4″, even recently we reissued Malgus, Plagueis, Mara Jade, Bastila Shan. There’s so much content now between the movies, Battlefront, the novels and the comics. Legends, as it’s known now, is definitely on the table. We can do some stuff. Nothing specifically planned for Legends now, but we can do it in the future. That pack is incredible.

Well at celebration Del rey and the Lucas story group confirmed that Legends stories are very possible in the near future and nothing's off the table and there might be a new legends book as soon as this's fall

There are some characters it would be interesting to see done by Hot Toys. I expect that will be a few years from now, since they have their hands full doing the movie figures, but I could see it happening once they have done all the more pressing main characters.

I've enjoyed the Clone Wars and personally would like to see Cad Bane and other characters done (just in a realistic style not cartoon style). Maybe a few Mandalorian characters from that too. Now that they have the license to do Star Wars figures, there are literally hundreds to choose from that Hot Toys could do, so it could keep them busy for a decade without extended universe characters, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the more popular EU characters eventaully - just not right away.

I really enjoyed the Clone Wars as well and would love a 1/6 Ahsoka Tano. Do not know that much about the expanded universe, but I would pick up a 1/6 Darth Talon in a heartbeat.

Ummmm.... when did SSC ever confirm a 1/6th Darth Talon let alone Bastila Shan?

THINGS.
KL241 Is right, and Lucasfilm has said that anthing PT, and EU is off limits for now.
That will likely change eventually. But for now the focus is REbels and the NT.

Speaking of which
Clone wars and REbels are NOT EU, thay are standard Canon.
Additionally, NOTHING is EU any more, All new " Erratta" ( Things not in movies or Tv shows) Is now 100% official, and will be reviewed by the story group, and made into part of the canon, and will be respected as such. it's the MAIN reason they ( Disney) Kicked out the EU. to create one, solid, cohesive story, and not need to worry about contradicting anything.

Back