Star Wars EU figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no clue. So SSC leases the Star Wars contract from Hasbro and SSC lease ends next year,is that you you meant? I never knew that.

I know Hasbro has the Marvel and Star Wars license through 2020 so I would assume that SSC would still be able to produce figures, hopefully more Clone Wars and EU 1/6th and Premium Format stuff. Leave the movie figures to Hot Toys.

This is from Jedi Business from a Q&A at Celebration

J.B.: The Clone Wars, will there still be support for that, or the Expanded Universe which is Legends now?

Hasbro: We'll be celebrating the entire phantasy in the years to come. Sure, during a movie time period we certainly put a lot of weight behind it, but over the next year or two and beyond we'll certainly have figures from the Clone Wars, of course from Rebels and the Original Trilogy.

The entire "phantasy." Although there is no direct mention to the EU, I am hoping that they still will. Most recent example I can think of is the Black Series Bastilla Shan.

The properties he mentions "Clone Wars," "Rebels" are not EU, but are canon - so it seems they're avoiding the question.

Hasbro has said that they still can do EU stuff (it's on the table). Although now it will be rebranded "Legends".

This is from an interview with Hasbro at this years' celebration:

Q: Okay, I’ll leave it at that. One of the interesting things that I saw last year was the Target exclusive Shadow Troopers. Awesome set. What was interesting to me was that it was more of an EU type line. Are there more potential EU characters coming out?

A: We did a lot of EU in 3 3/4″, even recently we reissued Malgus, Plagueis, Mara Jade, Bastila Shan. There’s so much content now between the movies, Battlefront, the novels and the comics. Legends, as it’s known now, is definitely on the table. We can do some stuff. Nothing specifically planned for Legends now, but we can do it in the future. That pack is incredible.

The properties he mentions "Clone Wars," "Rebels" are not EU, but are canon - so it seems they're avoiding the question.

They said its on the table in another interview. Doubt to see many more releases in the next year, if any, but down the line hopefully they make some more EU stuff.

Although there's no longer an "Expanded Universe" as such, and any new characters are canon, I'd like to see these guys from the new comics...

Black Krrsantan (Wookiee bounty hunter and Boba Fett's sidekick)

4393533-black.jpg

Dr Aphra (archaeologist recruited by Vader)

Aphra.png

Triple-Zero (programmed in etiquette, protocol and torture)

0-0-0.png

BT-1 (assassin droid)

darth-vader-3.jpg

Back