Sideshow: Darth Malgus Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whether or not you like the character, it seems that some of you enjoyed the trailer. In the off chance that you don't follow The Old Republic game, here are all three cinematic trailers in chronological order. They were released in reverse chronological order. You can see Malgus deteriorate physically over the course and he certainly becomes more machine than man. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY5xoYLm_cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjhJcm-lpjc
I've watched the Return trailer atleast 50 times since it came out..These trailers alone are better than the PT imo..
So god damn powerful.

I've watched the Return trailer atleast 50 times since it came out..These trailers alone are better than the PT imo..
So god damn powerful.

Yep take Star Wars out of the hands of George Lucas and it becomes awesome.

Now i love KOTOR 1+2, and would love this game if it was on Mac, but one thing i find annoying is that these games are set thousends of years before The OT and yet the Technology is bascially the same. :dunno

This Malgus guy reminds me of the Helghast too.

not to mention they've got Star destroyers, and the Empire already exists.. In the trailer, the jedi says " The EMPIRE has returned" , not the Sith.. as if the Empire is nothing new, just a political entity that comes and goes. there is an army of the republic ( which shouldn't exist at the current time according to the films " There hasn't been a full-scale army since the FOUNDING of the republic" ), and those guys are wearing clone armor. I'm a little shocked they didn't just make them clones The chiss, a culture that is fairly non-agressive, and REFUSES to engage in the business of others unless it can DIRECTLY effect the chiss ascendancy, are friends with the empire.. .but they, as a race did not learn to speak basic untill the time of Thrawn. The sith are a playable race... which should have ALREADY been extinct for about 10 thousand years at the current point in the timeline.

This game is about as Non-Canon as is possible. it craps ALL OVER established canon, both from the films, and the EU.
I half expect to hear about a part where you meet Chewbacca, take missions from darth Vader, and get sent to assassanate Luke Skywalker. Yes, it's lack of coperation with the existing Canon is THAT BAD.

This game, story wise, is to Star wars what Devils due comics are to G.I. Joe. it's Fanfiction. Nothing more. nothing less.

Having said that, it still looks like it'll be a fun game. It would just be nice if bioware had tried harder to make it actualy fi into the established continuity.

Or Just made a Clone Wars game, as that's what it looks like they tried to do.

I think by Empire, he means Sith Empire..dunno

And i agree with you with the whole Republic Army in clone gear, didnt like how it goes against what has been established already.

I think they just want to have both Sith armies and Clone-like soldiers, getting the best of both eras.

but in the end, it all works for me, and im very excited to see SS's TOR line :yess:

I think the basic premise of SW universe is that the society has sort of reached a pinicle of technology. Things don't really change much throughout the entire EU timeline. This is really just so that it appeals to SW fans. Medieval SW would be pretty lame and not sell. Everything ties back into movies. But if you like KOTOR you'll love TOR... The stories are epic. I've played MMO's for years and can't wait to play one based on my favorite universe instead of one based on D&D.

Last edited:
Would make a killer figure I wish the design was a bit more original though, might consider it but would buy evil Starkiller for sure!

PS trailer is epic, wish the PT movies where like it

Speaking of the next Sith... I think I found her:

Darth Skank* :lol

IMG_1976.JPG

*Sincere apologies if this is you, or your mother

I think by Empire, he means Sith Empire..dunno

And i agree with you with the whole Republic Army in clone gear, didnt like how it goes against what has been established already.

I think they just want to have both Sith armies and Clone-like soldiers, getting the best of both eras.

but in the end, it all works for me, and im very excited to see SS's TOR line :yess:

I'm fairly certian you're right about him meaning the sith empire, but he should say that. " the sith have returned" sounds better.

I think you're right about the part in bold as far as the art direction as well.

That dosn't make either decision a good one however.

I think the basic premise of SW universe is that the society has sort of reached a pinicle of technology. Things don't really change much throughout the entire EU timeline. This is really just so that it appeals to SW fans. Medieval SW would be pretty lame and not sell. Everything ties back into movies. But if you like KOTOR you'll love TOR... The stories are epic. I've played MMO's for years and can't wait to play one based on my favorite universe instead of one based on D&D.

the tech DOES advance in the EU. more advanced fighters, capital ships, new weapons. etc.

The problem is that if you look at the tech in the existing KOTOR games, and the tech here, they don't match up. I'd be happier if it looked LESS like The Clone wars, and more like KOTOR. again, that's more art direction than anything, but still, ugh.

it's pretty good overall, but it could have been perfect. I'll still give it a try at release, and make my decision on the funfactor then.
But they've pooped all over the Canon from one end of the galaxy to the other.

Pooped all over the cannon from a few of the thousands of star wars books..?

Some samples of established canon they've crapped on

From the Novels
The Chiss Ascendancy had Never been in republic space BEFORE Outbound flight. They had not even Learned to speak Galactic Basic untill the events of outbound Flight.

The Chiss are a Technologically advanced culture, with NO interest beyond their own borders, and would never engage in military action Against anyone who is not Both an actual threat to their culture, AND have already attacked once.
They would then Fight to the DEATH with them. Not Become allies.
They are a coldly logical Race who HIGLY value warrior concepts such as honor.
They wouldn't ally themselves with the Sith.

The Sith, as a Race were enslaved by the dark jedi, and their culture absorbed by them. the Dark jedi exiles from coruscaunt, and the sith race's cultures mixed, becoming a new sith.
The people of the Sith are Extinct. Why? the dark jedi slowly killed them off. This extinction took place some ten-thousand years before the move ANH.

From the movies
There was NO Standing army of the republic during this time.
There was an army at the START of the republic. it was disbanded. SOME worlds kept private militias ( like Naboo, for example) but not many did.

I'm fine with all of this, as I've really got no other choice. I'm just wishing that whoever is responsable for fact-checking at Bioware had done a better job.

you REALLY want the sith as a playable race? ok, make them Clones.
You want Chiss? make them Outcasts from the Ascendancy, Like Thrawn was.

You want Republic to have an army? MAKE THEM THE MALITIA from existing worlds who kept them!
It just irritates me because they could have included all those things, and made them fit within the existing Canon, had they only tried a little bit.
It's half-assed job if it that they've done that makes me worry about the actual gameplay.

Alright, I guess I agree.

Luckily, I can fill in my own loop holes..

And I doubt because of their lore mistakes the gameplay will be bad..
Seems like making sure everything is 100% canon isn't at the top of their list, but creating the ultimate MMO..

Back