Re-paint commission thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys!

I'm a huge fan of Stargate SG-1 and I was thinking about making a kit-bash of 12 inch figures by using the uniforms from Hot Toys soldier sets and putting it together with their individual head sculpts: O'neill, Teal'c, Daniel Jackson, Samantha Carter, etc.

My question would be if anyone is interested in making a head sculpt of Amanda Tapping aka Samantha Carter and painting it? How much would it cost, or would there have to be a general interest in casting a sculpt before anything is made?

I could probably pull of the rest of the outfit by using a female art.s.buck figure and using a Hot Toys military line uniform for her.

Advice? Suggestions?

I am bumping this up again, because I am still looking for someone who would craft an Amanda Tapping headsculpt.

Someone PM'ed me in the past offering a headsculpt and I need this person to contact me again as I expressed my interest.

looking for someone to re-paint some eyes for me to make em look more realistic. that's it. can anyone help?

Be glad to do it! Let me know. Also anyone else needing a good ol paint job on their sculpts let me know as well.

Hi Guys,
I'm looking for someone to strip and repaint two Bank Robber Joker Heads for me. Don't get me wrong, Hot Toys did a pretty good job, but there are specifics about the makeup look around the eyes and mouth that I'm looking for. I LOVE the placement of the eyes, but I feel that they overdid it with the black makeup underneath the eyes and the red is smudged around too much above and below the lips.

Basically, I'm looking for the paintjob to be as close to the original prototype as possible. Here are some reference photos.
https://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?...he-Joker-(Bank-Robbe.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
https://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?...The-Joker-(Bank-Robb.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
https://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?...e-Joker-(Bank-Robbe.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20

I'm in the US! Again, I've two BR joker heads. Please send me a PM with quote! Thanks!

Last edited:
PA130109.jpg
is that the 12" figure?

edit: never-mind, of course it is. awesome job, btw.

I'm learning to paint myself but until I get good. I'd like to try and get something painted by every good artist on the board so I can have great pieces by great people in my collection. I still haven't had DarkArtist do anything for me but hope to someday. And SmallStudio's I've had my eye on for a while. They do great work. I'll do business with them.

Great paint jobs. Where is the Medusa fig from?

P6050014.jpg

That's an original figure I made using an Art S. Buck female and some Pred-dreds. She was an exercise in painting unusual tones (green-mottled skin, blue within purple eyes), and was a great subject to practice my "alien-painting" skills on. Figuremaster Les dubbed her "Medusamaid", and she's become something of a signature piece of mine. A mascot, if you will.

Goggles89 said:
is that the 12" figure?

edit: never-mind, of course it is. awesome job, btw.

Thanks! Glad you like him. Legolas is a Darren Carnell sculpt, painted by me and set on a TT body with DiD armor and bow added.

PB120163.jpg

By the by, I'm almost through my commissions, and am currently accepting new ones. Feel free to PM me.

Here's my latest work, and pleae do click on my banner to see my updated slideshow:

P6200102-1.jpg

hey, is there a repainter out there willing to repaint some heads for a client of mine in the UK?
He will pay promptly with paypal and I can give my word on that.
His usual repainter is unavailable and I don't do repaints anymore either, so he asked if I could search ask around.

Thanks!

(customikey, are you available :)?)

Be glad to do it! Let me know. Also anyone else needing a good ol paint job on their sculpts let me know as well.

I sent you a pm, I need a Bruce Wayne head painted. I am just getting started in this 1/6 world and would love to have you do it as your work seems amazing. if you can't please let me know, if there is someone out there who can do it send me a PM.

thanks.

Is this just for heads because I got myself a Spenser Alfred head but the skin tone doesn't match the body I picked for him. I absolutely love Spenser's paint job and would rather have someone lighten the hands for me rather than redo the head.

Well, I've got a slicked back joker head that's having it's hair resculpted to be more scene specific, and I am after someone to repaint it to be scene specific.

My first choice would have been Josh at small studios, but unfortunatley, he's no longer doing the bank robber heads.

So, who can you guys suggest to me to repaint the head?

Well, I've got a slicked back joker head that's having it's hair resculpted to be more scene specific, and I am after someone to repaint it to be scene specific.

My first choice would have been Josh at small studios, but unfortunatley, he's no longer doing the bank robber heads.

Me LOL :D

my message is too short

This is my C.Howe's painted joker head, i've also painted his licky version but no pics. ive never done a commission paint job but would love to break into it. Here's a link to my thread

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56532

PictureorVideo241.jpg

PictureorVideo234.jpg

Last edited:
I'm now throwing my hat in the ring and taking on commission work. Check out the stuff in my show-off thread by clicking my signature.

Back