Premium Format rumor mill?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the only ones left from the list from 2 years ago is Luke as X-wing gear and the droids.

That sounds more like a diorama, and I think we've already heard that they're developing the latter (Dooku) for that particular line.

Besides, the tone of the PFs has, in general, been more static. Even the pose shared by Ben and Vader, with sabers drawn and begging to be posed locked in combat, lacks any hint of stylized action that we've seen in pieces by, say, Attakus, or in the Sideshow environment/dioramas. A good portion of their final battle was spent with sabers locked while engaging in a more verbal confrontation.

No, any sort of a PF Yoda would likely be him just hangin' out. The only exception would be his "ready" stance, with his saber drawn and that awesome look of grim determination on his face.

Thinking about it longer I agree-- Both of those would fit more in line with the diorama line and I too like the static poses offered in the PF line... The curl of the cougar prior to the leap as it were as amplified with Maul and Vader or the relaxed contemplation of say Han or Leia...

A taunting Emperor from ROTJ--- "So be it.... jedi" as said to Luke would be an interesting choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
...The curl of the cougar prior to the leap as it were as amplified with Maul and Vader or the relaxed comtemplation of say Han or Leia...

A taunting Emperor from ROTJ--- "So be it.... jedi" as said to Luke would be an interesting choice.

264335~Mos-Def-Posters.jpg

(Mos Def ... :D )

Here's that old interview from Toy Fair 2004. It's amazing how three years later, the line has still stuck extremely close to this list. The ones mentioned here that we haven't seen yet are the R2-D2/C-3PO two pack, X-Wing Pilot Luke, and Qui-Gon. I would love to have the droids, and Maul would look great posed with Qui-Gon. I'm not sure we need another Luke yet, even though that would be a cool costume and I would probably end up getting it anyway. I have no idea how long it might be until we see Chewie. The Emperor seems like a good candidate for the next announcement not found on this list.

I had the pleasure this afternoon at SDCC, to sit down and interview Tom Gilliland, the VP of Product Development and Creative Director of Side Show Collectibles. Mr. Gilliland was probably the friendliest, most knowledgeable, and most willing to talk (and talk about future plans, no less) Star Wars licensee at the entire show. It was a true pleasure to sit down and chat with him, and learn of the direction this line will likely take over the next three years, beginning in early 2005. Tom seemed to have a definite feel for the pulse of the hobby, and about "collectors" and Star Wars in general. I think that should assure you potential Sideshow collectors that you'll indeed be in excellent hands with this particular Star Wars line. So without further ado, here's some juicy information as to what we can expect to see out of the future of this line...

First 5 figures:
Luke (seen at SDCC, in prototype form)
Han (seen at SDCC, in prototype form)
ANH Vader (dueling pose w/ saber up)
Obi-Wan (dueling pose probably, which can interact with Vader to a degree, moveable hood)
ANH Leia

There will probably be some exclusives for their website later on, which will offer a slight twist to some of the above figures, such as probably having the same Han, but with a Stormtrooper belt and blaster included. They weren't quite sure what the Luke "variation" would be yet though.

Highly probable figures after that: Boba Fett, Yoda/Dagobah Luke 2-pack, R2-D2/C-3PO 2-pack, Darth Maul, Qui-Gonn Jinn, X-Wing Luke

Other tidbits:

Production runs will likely be approximately 1,500 to 2,500, depending on how "main" the character is. Once the edition size is set, that's it - no more! Sideshow is considering doing some minor characters in the future as well (such as Bib Fortuna), which would likely have a lower production number.

Price Point: $225 and up (higher for the more intricate maquettes, and 2-packs)

They're experimenting with adding electronics right now, like to things such as the lightsabers.

Finally, and this is the best part, these guys have an attention to detail like I've never seen or heard of before. Tom commented to me that they just recently noticed that a portion of Han's "real" belt had 3 notches, as opposed to the 2 notches that they originally thought, so they're fixing that right away. Expect these pieces to be HIGHLY detailed and damned near PERFECTLY accurate in every single way.

Put Qui-Gon in a pose as if he is battling Maul and I think he would sell purty good. Personally I think one of him meditating between the red force field thingys just before he dies would be an awesome PF. But I doubt that one would sell well.

How about a real 'out of left fielder'.....no mixed media, unless you include electronics...

But....HAN SOLO FROZEN IN CARBONITE!!!

Oh yeah! I wouldn't hesitate for a light-up frozen hansicle! :chew

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!!!!! WITH WORKING LIGHTS!!!!!

A Qui-Gon PF would be awesome as would a Jedi Luke PF!:lightsabe

Put Qui-Gon in a pose as if he is battling Maul and I think he would sell purty good. Personally I think one of him meditating between the red force field thingys just before he dies would be an awesome PF. But I doubt that one would sell well.

i'd buy it!!!! but i'd prefer a pose with his lightsaber in the ready stance!!! but then again im just a sucker for the light up blades. :D

I'd be more likely to buy Qui-Gon in a unique pose like that than I would if he were just standing there with his saber raised.

Great idea.

I'd like to get one of that Anakin too. "Sith" Anakin, Dooku, Jango and those are all the PF's I have room for. :monkey2 Gotta find more space!

I would love an Ep III Vader/Anakin PF, the moment he reveals his Sith eyes.

A Vader/Anakin from Ep III would be great but hopefully it would follow with a 501st clone (with the blue markings) to pose directly behind Darth as he marches into the Jedi Temple... You want to talk about a powerful image without a straight out action pose and that's it--- those two PF's would truly be inseperable.

I'd get a ROTS Vader/Obi-Wan ROTS PF setup. I especially would get a battle damaged 501st clone.

Back