NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone has to say it... sorry... Hot Toys just made us an offer we CAN NOT refuse.

So long Enterbay. This is the most amazing figure of all time. EVER and I said that about the last one. Only Hot Toys can improve on perfection. This is just stupidly good. It looks better than any sculpture Ive ever seen, including full 1/1 Madame Trusauds type stuff. Uncanny! Can not freakin wait!

Some of those pics look downright real! Like it's actually Brando there in the flesh. Sorry, Enterbay, but Hot Toys has one this one. I'm so glad I've got this on pre-order now.

The only nit I had about the original figure was the cat and now that that has been changed, this will be the centerpiece of a movie based figure collection.

From the new newsletter-

You deserved to have this fabulous Godfather collectible figure! - Thank you all of you! We've received your kind praises via emails and on the web forums. Don't worry, we won't be over prided, you are encouraging us to level up our work!

Capturing every angle of the Don, this figure is sure to be one of the most accurate collectibles of this unforgettable Hollywood Icon - Marlon Brando. Have you preordered your Godfather yet? If not, you better make up your mind after viewing our latest prototype of 1/6th scale Don Vito Corleone collectible figure.

Today, we are glad to share more details of this figure with our newsletter members exclusively! Our costume designer used real fabric and detailed cutting to present the Don's black suit looks exactly the same in the movie. Besides, proper material is another big concern for us – Finally, the triple-layered costume does not make him bulky BUT fits the figure body perfectly!

For sure, the most difficult and important part of this project was the head sculpture of this Mafia leader, our Korean artists grasp the Don's facial expression with his imposing manner shown in the movie, you can even feel his hegemonist power through his eyes! In addition, we've also given him a pair of old man's hands as well.

Well, we knew the cat wasn't perfect, so here we have a newly sculpted lovely kitten for our Godfather.

The last secret is about the chair - something you might not know by looking at the pictures! Someone may say "It's just a chair!", but we don't think so! What you will get is a rotatable chair with adjustable back function PLUS real-like fabric cushion! Surprised?

Last but not least, our Art Director in Chief - JC Hong promised to supervise the mass production and control the painting lives up to perfection. Is that a good news for you?

If you would like to kiss The Godfather's hand "in person", preorder yours via our official dealers while you still can! You cannot claim that we didn't warn you, as our order goes really FAST! This product will be available in April, 2009.

Preview - final prototype of 1/6th scale Don Vito Corleone collectible figure

It just gets better and better and the padded chair sounds great!

And how many people have hegemonist in their vocabulary... cool!

is there a more dedicated figure company out there at the moment? hot toys really blew me away with that newsletter. they leave sideshow and medicom in the dust, especially with regards to QC and the proto to product transition. enterbay are going to have to do more to top HT. the chair is just unbelievable.

Nice to see them putting a pretty firm date on it for release too - they must be pretty confident to state April rather than Q1/Q2 etc...

is there a more dedicated figure company out there at the moment? hot toys really blew me away with that newsletter. they leave sideshow and medicom in the dust, especially with regards to QC and the proto to product transition. enterbay are going to have to do more to top HT. the chair is just unbelievable.

I would say that even the price is just unbelievable considering what an Iron Man or TDK figure costed. I may be ordering a second one to keep MIMB, it cannot get better than this piece!

I agree. This figure is gonna be the tits--and with Iron Man on the horizon--I think HT will OFFICIALLY become the undisputed 1/6 scale heavy-weight champion.

God, you've got to love hot toys, honestly, they damned well look after their customers. I usually nitpick about the newsletter grammar, and they've even fixed that up, with eloquent wording and descriptive features. Not to mention resculpting the cat. This figure is just the epitome of 1/6th, i've never seen a 1/6th anywhere even close, to that type of quality. It's a new benchmark, and Hot Toys just keep pioneering and outdoing themselves. You can be VERY proud hot toys, this is just a masterpiece that does the movie series incredible justice
WELL DONE :D

Back