NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. This figure is gonna be the tits--and with Iron Man on the horizon--I think HT will OFFICIALLY become the undisputed 1/6 scale heavy-weight champion.

At the very least they will have successfully defended their title :rock Enterbay (in general) is definitey a contender, but with HT its the shear number of licenses and continual improvement in quality that is just above and beyond any other company at this time.

I wish they'd continue to improve their plastics and joints so their wrists and legs didn't snap so easily.

Body construction is one area where EB got HT beat. The BL bodies are really solid and very well made and selling only slightly more expensive than a TT.

I agree with this, the HT's TT really lacks in the shoulder area too. If i'm making a custom I make sure the custom has some sort of jacket, its way to square looking. From what i've seen EB makes the best bodies.

I agree with this, the HT's TT really lacks in the shoulder area too. If i'm making a custom I make sure the custom has some sort of jacket, its way to square looking. From what i've seen EB makes the best bodies.
I love the overall proportion for the BL bodies cause they looked great even undress but their RM1 body for non BL lines are a little too thin and small for certain figure. Works fine for Mr. Bean but looks really odd on David Palmer.

The weird thing is, the older TT has perfectly sized shoulders. It's the current one that has the huge shoulders. Of course, most of the time, HT cleverly tailored costume hides this.

Seeing a piece of this high detail and accuracy for only $130 is pretty revolutionary.

Wait, doesn't the current TT have more articulation than EtB's BL bodies? I don't remember the EtB bodies having abdominal joints or ball jointed wrists, which is something the TT bodies have had for a while now.

I've only had one leg fall off, touch wood, but I really would like it if they delved into fixing design errors, now that they have most other things under control. I hear the new TT has a different sized neck connector. Why? The old one seemed to be fine. Fix the things people complain about, or causes product returns. Just so I don't have to read the exasperated gasps of another Hot Toys consumer, that sees god when the devils goods arrive at his door and cries in disbelief when gravity causes 1/6 limbs to detach for, seemingly, no reason, or even someone who was being careful.

2nd Quarter, which I take to mean June, but Hot Toys are really pushing out their estimates to better gauge demand and meet it with the applicable production run. It's getting beyond a joke. When this is happening so consistently it becomes a manipulation. Probably an acceptable business practice, but deceitful nonetheless, and at bare minimum, frustrating for collectors.

:lol Haha, probably when it's too late for Hot Toys do do another resculpt or add any extra's to their production run.

Enterbay, I daresay, will be at a point where their figures have been produced and have been quality inspected and about a week before shipping, before they show us the revised pics. Even if that is a guess, they, like Hot Toys expect to be ready in June also.

I further expect the normal delayed schedule that seems to plague every figure, no matter which company it is, or when they say they estimate it to be. I have also heard that, due to the 'economic crisis', many workers in China have been stood down, and factory output is tending to the biggest producers first, leaving limited run collector companies to flounder in the wake. So don't be surprised if delays run into weeks and weeks into months. We'll all just have to wait and see. Who knows, they could surprise us and be on time. I just had to hedge my bets if youse couldn't tell. :lol

Concerning your Enterbay body concerns, I'm not sure the RM-2 body had been developed at the time the first proto pics were taken. "especially designed and developed for this edition". Maybe they will announce that before they reveal their final proto pics.

Back