NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the main problem is like a lot of collectables companies, they guage interest based on feedback and pre-orders. But as we all know, till a figure is in your sweaty mitts a million proto shots mean jack!
Final product is all!

I think the main problem is like a lot of collectables companies, they guage interest based on feedback and pre-orders. But as we all know, till a figure is in your sweaty mitts a million proto shots mean jack!
Final product is all!

SO TRUE!!!

How'd this page get so forgotten?

HT has teased that the Godfather will be coming with an extra goodie now! Any ideas what it could be. They have been saying clear out a big display area for him. I don't suppose it could be his desk! :horror

Sorry, used the wrong links.

Here are the behind the scenes shots of the Godfather:

2851S.jpg

2852s.jpg

2853s.jpg

2854s.jpg

Just came here today trying to fish this up. Gave up after so many pages. Isn't he due next month or so? Can't wait. Will wait for in hand pics before making an ebay buy it now purchase :) As a side note...... WTF, they HAND paint them ALL? I thought they used machines?! Great pics btw

Looks great. I was concerned that the end product would lose some detail in the paint, but those liver spots look awesome. Before HT revamped this sculpt I was leaning towards Enterbay's, but considering the probable cost difference and what I'm seeing so far here, I'm flopping. Still interested to see what Enterbay's final proto looks like, however.

:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

That IS Marlon Brando, cannot frigin WAIT! BTW it is still scheduled for this month but I can guarantee you guys we will see at least a month delay.

Who cares! This is a grail piece for me ....................... now make me Sonny and Michael dammit! :D

How'd this page get so forgotten?

HT has teased that the Godfather will be coming with an extra goodie now! Any ideas what it could be.
They have been saying clear out a big display area for him. I don't suppose it could be his desk! :horror

Where'd they tease that? I don't know if they'd do that considering SS already took preorders and it's due soon..unless they are just throwing it in and eating the cost to just eff with Enterbay..

While I'm not getting this figure, I do enjoy inside glimpses into the production of collectibles, and it is just mind blowing how someone can hand paint so many heads with such consistency. I wonder what level of training it takes to be able to do this, particularly as not only one person paints consistently, but pretty much every painter, I've never seen HT figures where you go, hmm, someone else must have painted these versus those. Remarkable.

20090509_a198343070c911d25cc4JawVSsrCAnsO.jpg

I doubt everything is hand painted. I'm sure its painted with a machine at different levels... like the eyes skin tones, lips etc, the shades and liver spots are probably by hand

While I'm not getting this figure, I do enjoy inside glimpses into the production of collectibles, and it is just mind blowing how someone can hand paint so many heads with such consistency. I wonder what level of training it takes to be able to do this, particularly as not only one person paints consistently, but pretty much every painter, I've never seen HT figures where you go, hmm, someone else must have painted these versus those. Remarkable.

20090509_a198343070c911d25cc4JawVSsrCAnsO.jpg

Every one of those HS is unique. Just look at the blemishes.

You've never heard? It has been proven that JC Hong is actually a T-700, so he's a robot. :D

With my Wild One brando sold off, I might just have to cave and sell organs to get this amazing character

Back