NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

If the eyes can move, I wonder how to get access to them because the hair is sculpted as a whole with the face.

No big deal for me if they are fixed.

I think I already have made my choice ;-)

I fail to see how one unclear shot makes the Enterbay product better than the HT one. I'll wait for better pics before making that call.

I read on the HK boards that the eyes will be adjustable (without having the need for a removable hairpiece).

Good point and from looking at the only EB picture yeah it does look better than HT's. Still it has the advantage of having all of that shade, hiding most of the detail of the actual portrait.

We can make judgement on the HT's one so far because we can actually see the detail. Too early for me to say for sure as well.

Hot toys is really nice, but I think Enterbay's is more realistic looking especially with moving eye balls,

Looks pretty thin to me, like the HT, but with only one EB pick Ill wait it out and see.
0472125059_Marlon_Brando3.jpg

context_00001_the_godfather.jpg

I may be in the minority but based on that brightened pic of the Enterbay one, I'm not liking the eyes at all. Will definitely need to see more and better pics of it, but so far I'm favoring the HT one.

I forgot that this is going up tonight.:D

i had to jump on this too. it is just too freakin' awesome. hat and all.

So if Sideshow is only offering the exclusive version does that mean that other retailers like BBTS and CSC are getting theirs from another distributor?

I wound up ordering one as well. Great looking figure.

So if Sideshow is only offering the exclusive version does that mean that other retailers like BBTS and CSC are getting theirs from another distributor?

No, it just means if you want the hat you have to order direct from Sideshow. Everyone else will get the regular edition, which will be without hat.

No, I meant the regular edition.
Because those stores are expecting this in the 2nd quarter, and Sideshow's is coming in the 3rd. So is Sideshow going to send out the regular version to retailers earlier than the exclusive? And if Sideshow is distributing the regular version to stores why don't they have it on their site?

Or is the 2nd quarter when Hot Toys is releasing this overseas?

...or maybe I should just ask the store.

Lots of questions. I can only guess that Sideshow will pass out the regular editions to the stores when they get them in. These Sideshow exclusive Hot Toys are just an arrangement between Sideshow and Hot Toys, though I dare say the Hot Toys V.I.P. members will probably also be getting this, so there may be a few pop up on ebay from Hong Kong. The exclusive, being a direct pre-order from which they will gain a reasonable estimate, as to how many figures they will supply, will likely come after the wave of regulars. Why they don't have it on their site is a question better fielded to them, via their customer enquiry form.

Hot Toys has it up for release in Q2, add to that the inevitable delay and it'd be closer to the truth to say Q3, and a month delay from then to get it to Sideshow and onward to whomever they're distributing it to.

Got the exclusive ordered as well... although honestly why would I ever display him with a hat? Oh well, its a sickness :lol

The hat is nice but it doesn't go with the scene. It will look great hanging on the side of the chair or something.

Got my order in....

I knew it. The pimp hat is to the 1/6 world what the pimp cup is to the premium format world.

The cup looks good, the hat doesn't. Doesn't even look like it fits all that well. I can't afford Sideshows exclusives anyway, so I'll just sit here and suffer in my jocks.

Back