My WIP Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darthrazz,

I've done Chewies on bodies like this in the past. Two bits of advice I can give is to scuff the heck out of the body with sandpaper. It just gives a little more " bite" when putting the hair on. Otherwise it seems slick and one wrong move while hairing can mess up all your work. Also, after scuffing move the limbs to their maximum and mark on the body where that is. Otherwise if you hair tooo much when you go to move it the hair can get caught in the seams and get pulled off.

Looking good so far

Fantastic work !!!

When you see all the work you have done and how good it looks it really isn't that hard for Sideshow to make a Chewiee. They sould look to you for inspiration.

Well done !!

Update! I've had a chance this weekend to work on Chewie. I removed the head from the Buck body and drilled it to fit on the DC Direct Body. It was quite the pain, but got it to work, although it's still sitting a tad too high on the neck. I removed the lower arms and replaced them with buck arms and Predator hands. I figure we never really saw Chewie's hands so these are big enough to work, they'll be covered in fur anyhow. I had to use the foot pegs off the buck in order to fit the hands, just some shaving with an exacto did the trick, as they are wider than the hand pegs.

Drilled out the Hasbro Chewie feet till they became boots, removed DC Direct feet and that's it so far. Nothing new done to the head. Enjoy and please critique!
DSC009481.jpg
[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Amazing! That's the best Chewbacca head I've ever seen!

:rock

What glue are you planning to use to get the fur to stick???

I'm just using crazy glue

Darthrazz,

I've done Chewies on bodies like this in the past. Two bits of advice I can give is to scuff the heck out of the body with sandpaper. It just gives a little more " bite" when putting the hair on. Otherwise it seems slick and one wrong move while hairing can mess up all your work. Also, after scuffing move the limbs to their maximum and mark on the body where that is. Otherwise if you hair tooo much when you go to move it the hair can get caught in the seams and get pulled off.

Looking good so far

Awesome advice! Thank You.

Fantastic work !!!

When you see all the work you have done and how good it looks it really isn't that hard for Sideshow to make a Chewiee. They sould look to you for inspiration.

Well done !!

Thanks!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement guys!

this project is coming along great. cant wait to see more of these being made.

:chew

Look Razz if you dont get your finger out and get on with this and finish this totally amazing custom I am gonna get in a little boat and row over the seas and sneak into your house and STEAL HIM!!!!!!! so you better get on with it as I am popping my life jacket on!!!!!!!!!!

Look Razz if you dont get your finger out and get on with this and finish this totally amazing custom I am gonna get in a little boat and row over the seas and sneak into your house and STEAL HIM!!!!!!! so you better get on with it as I am popping my life jacket on!!!!!!!!!!

Yes sir!!! :lol

Back