My WIP Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool... I'll definitely be doing the sculpted head like you've done; really helps give him the right definition.

Haven't decided on a body yet... I had a V for Vendetta DC Direct body, but forgot that it is their short slim body. So now I'm looking for an alternative.

Probably get either the Sinestro figure, or see if I can find a loose Vader body. Both seem to have the appropriate slimness/height ratio.

I'm not sure if you've seen Brinn 71's Chewie (search for Chewbacca in the Gallery), but he did an awesome job of using the Hasbro's to make a custom Chewie.

Hey GB , I have tons of reference pics of Chewie and the mask without fur. Let me know if you want them.

Love the way this is coming together Darth. Make sure the WIP pics are nice and clear. I think the SS boys need some ideas. You'll have a cool Chewie soon enough, but the rest of us need SS's "eventually" to become "working on him now". Good job.

According to IMDB Mayhew is 85.75 inches. Which is about 14.3 inches in 1/6. I doubt he wore any type of lifts, so a 14 inch Chewie would probably be about right. But shouldn't he be taller than Vader?

Should be, but Sideshow's Vader is too tall (for that matter, my custom Vader is too LOL)
Prowse was 6' 5" and MIGHT have had an extra inch, inch and a half most from the boots.

According to IMDB Mayhew is 85.75 inches. Which is about 14.3 inches in 1/6. I doubt he wore any type of lifts, so a 14 inch Chewie would probably be about right. But shouldn't he be taller than Vader?

Yea he should be about a foot taller than Vader. I would assume there would be at least an inch or 2 under his feet and and the same for his head when wearing the costume (Chewbacca seems to have a taller forehead than a human) that may bring his scale size closer to 15".

The wookiepedia has Chewbacca's height as 2.28 meters which = 7.48 feet which is 14.98 inches, so 15 inches should be correct.

Yea he should be about a foot taller than Vader. I would assume there would be at least an inch or 2 under his feet and and the same for his head when wearing the costume (Chewbacca seems to have a taller forehead than a human) that may bring his scale size closer to 15".

The wookiepedia has Chewbacca's height as 2.28 meters which = 7.48 feet which is 14.98 inches, so 15 inches should be correct.

Wow, I guess I have some figure extending to do.:banghead

I think 15 inch would be pushing it, SS Vader is 14 inches but definatly looks to tall I'd say SS Vaders length would be good, and easy since then you could use his basebody. but yeah technically he should be 15, but my guess is that itll look weird that tall?

I think 15 inch would be pushing it, SS Vader is 14 inches but definatly looks to tall I'd say SS Vaders length would be good, and easy since then you could use his basebody. but yeah technically he should be 15, but my guess is that itll look weird that tall?

Those numbers are correct, so it shouldn't look off at all as long as the characters you stick him next to is correctly scaled, and don't forget that he is quite a bit taller than Vader, although I remember people saying the SS Vader to tall, its still probably not tall enough.

Update! I've had a chance this weekend to work on Chewie. I removed the head from the Buck body and drilled it to fit on the DC Direct Body. It was quite the pain, but got it to work, although it's still sitting a tad too high on the neck. I removed the lower arms and replaced them with buck arms and Predator hands. I figure we never really saw Chewie's hands so these are big enough to work, they'll be covered in fur anyhow. I had to use the foot pegs off the buck in order to fit the hands, just some shaving with an exacto did the trick, as they are wider than the hand pegs.

Drilled out the Hasbro Chewie feet till they became boots, removed DC Direct feet and that's it so far. Nothing new done to the head. Enjoy and please critique!
DSC009481.jpg
[/IMG]

That looks pretty cool! Which DC body was it? And how poseable are those bodies compared to a Prometheus or True Type?

When I saw the first couple pictures in this thread I was not sure if you were making a Chewbacca or a custom "Rocky Dennis" figure.

However, after following the progress I'm totally impressed!! The most amazing part is that not only have you figured out a way to use real fur but the facial likeness is spot on. Just awesome..

Back