My WIP Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking I might revisit the Chewie head sculpt I did. I think I can improve on the sculpt. If I made a new one, without fur of course, would anyone would be interested to cast them up for other members? I have no casting skills tools or know how. What do you think? I'm not looking to make any profit, just help freaks out?

Well, another member is starting on a new Chewbacca (Weezer), maybe you guys could work on your own chewy heads and the best one could be cast up. I'd be interested in a head. Unfortunately I've never casted anything either. :) Weezer's (just posted yesterday) Chewbacca thread is here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106720

Hey hey... lets not turn this into a competition... I'll lose! :)

I've done a bit of casting before, but I only know the basics. My hangup is the paranoid thought of "what if the casting part doesn't work?" you could destroy a good original sculpt.

Anyway, I'm sure ideas are going to be bounced around from thread to thread for the next little bit. We'll see how thing work out.

i don't know what enaud's schedule is like but his casts are excellent. you could pm him. i would be interested in one. seeing how we are probably quite a ways from having one from ssc/hot toys..........:impatient:

saying that chewy will probably premiere at sdcc .........:gah:...........:lol

i don't know what enaud's schedule is like but his casts are excellent. you could pm him. i would be interested in one. seeing how we are probably quite a ways from having one from ssc/hot toys..........:impatient:

saying that chewy will probably premiere at sdcc .........:gah:...........:lol

Let me see what I can up with first, if I'm satisfied with the sculpt , we'll take it from there.

so how far have you gotten on chewie looks good so far as i can se. im trying one for my self i used the old kenner chewie from 96 the fury version and i gutted the thing out all the cotton the wires so far i got is a fur suit. I got hand coverings and feet stems i carved the feet out so i can put the legs into them. im hopeing i can put the body into the suit like a costume and the head is hollow the head looks like chewie before peter mayhew put it on.I have a little chewie mask the moth opens and closes trying to think of a way to put teeth in there but dont know what to use yet this thing looks good almost scary on how real he starting to look hopefuly when done he would meet my expectation`s.good luck on yours hopefuly your`s turn`s out great

Update! I've had a chance this weekend to work on Chewie. I removed the head from the Buck body and drilled it to fit on the DC Direct Body. It was quite the pain, but got it to work, although it's still sitting a tad too high on the neck. I removed the lower arms and replaced them with buck arms and Predator hands. I figure we never really saw Chewie's hands so these are big enough to work, they'll be covered in fur anyhow. I had to use the foot pegs off the buck in order to fit the hands, just some shaving with an exacto did the trick, as they are wider than the hand pegs.

Drilled out the Hasbro Chewie feet till they became boots, removed DC Direct feet and that's it so far. Nothing new done to the head. Enjoy and please critique!
DSC009481.jpg
[/IMG][/quote]

The face likeness is really cool, always wondered where people get the fur from though lol
You could use it as it is here in a great diorama with a trandoshan

Back