My WIP Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words guys, I haven't had time to work on this because of the lovely storm that battered North East and now I have to concentarte on home repairs....:banghead:banghead But am trying to find time...as far as the bad pictures , my camera is shot and I am using my cell phone....Stay Tuned!

That is awesome!

Easily, the best chewie head I've seen... you really nailed that. So how are you attaching the fur? Is it strand by strand, clumps, or what?

Clumps and strands, for the body I was able to get a DC Direct Sinestro body for $24 , not too shabby. I will attached the fur the same way, rather than put the furry Chewie "suit" on him. It will take longer but will retain the slim look.

I have a DC Direct body I plan on using as well... not sure if I'll attach directly to the whole body though. Decisions, decisions.

Clumps and strands, for the body I was able to get a DC Direct Sinestro body for $24 , not too shabby. I will attached the fur the same way, rather than put the furry Chewie "suit" on him. It will take longer but will retain the slim look.

Thats a great idea! I have the same body that I plan to use, never thought of applying the fur like that.

I finally got my camera to work again, Here are better shots of the Chewbacca. I have to trim some fur and rearrange some, I have long way to go, but so far I'm pleased.

DSC009251-1.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC009201.jpg
[/IMG]

holy crap, i've seen a few custom chewies before but i believe that is the best face representation yet.............

:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

that's a 5 chewie rating !!!!!!

Awesome. I don't see any mass producers being able to replicate the time it takes to attach the fur like you're able to do. Nice work.

So cool man... really great work.

I've got two furry Chewie's on the way and will be stealing ideas from you :lol

Cool... I'll definitely be doing the sculpted head like you've done; really helps give him the right definition.

Haven't decided on a body yet... I had a V for Vendetta DC Direct body, but forgot that it is their short slim body. So now I'm looking for an alternative.

Probably get either the Sinestro figure, or see if I can find a loose Vader body. Both seem to have the appropriate slimness/height ratio.

I'm not sure if you've seen Brinn 71's Chewie (search for Chewbacca in the Gallery), but he did an awesome job of using the Hasbro's to make a custom Chewie.

man that looks amazing! you are very skilled...but dude, on a buck body? I hope you're planning to extend it or something!! or else you put so much effort in and he's gonna be too short.

man that looks amazing! you are very skilled...but dude, on a buck body? I hope you're planning to extend it or something!! or else you put so much effort in and he's gonna be too short.

I have a DC dIrect 15" Sinestro body that I will use. I just have to figure out how to transplant the head. The DC Direct body has a ball joint neck post. Shouldn't be too hard. I thought about extending the body but have no clue how, I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows.

Don't think you'd need to with the Sinestro... seems to be about the right height (give or take a bit) for a 1/6 Chewie.

Back