Mando's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Not so average Joes, and a few others

Need that straight jacket for my AA Joker! I also planned on dying my jumpsuit red. Nice attention to detail to change it to red like in BB ;)

Kinda let this thread slip away from me. :slap

Staps, thanks man! Anyone with 1138 in their name is a buddy of mine! :D Clones are blast to do, I haven't made one in ages.

Superdoug, Flint is one of my all-time favorite Joes too! The gear for the most part is bought parted out from either Monkey Depot or Toy Anxiety. A few times I've had to rely on ebay and HK sellers, especially when TTs became scarce in the US.

Karamazov, I'd love to see your Flint wip! I actually updated mine a few days ago with a new belt. He still needs a few bits but he's one of my favs, and what pretty much started the whole Joe fiasco! :D And thanks for linking me here, I ought to spend more time with the Freaks! :rock

small_studios, thanks bud! That means a good deal to me, your work is highly respected and rightly so!

Here's my newest Joe, Duke. He's about 95% complete. I still need to finish off the backpack and add the airborne/paratrooper medal.

Duke204.jpg

More pics are in the GI Joe/Military section.

And Hit & Run, one of the coolest Joes from the late 80's.

HitRun2.jpg

great work and good detail cant get any better than those figures

Need that straight jacket for my AA Joker! I also planned on dying my jumpsuit red. Nice attention to detail to change it to red like in BB ;)

The Medicom Straight Jacket is really a great piece of tailoring. Can't recommend it enough. Definitely the most fun I've had on a project in a while. He now belongs to Buttmunch as I had two too many clowns already.:cool:

great work and good detail cant get any better than those figures

very great custom looks even real

Thanks, Tone! H&R is one my favs!

No sense in bumping the Steel Brigade thread just yet, but the mold is curing as I type this and I should have a painted copy by tonight. Pretty excited as it's been forever since I brought up the project.

Yeeesh! I really need to grab an SSC shirt for Duke and probably a rifle for SJ.... [eek]

Meanwhile, I finally got around to making a poncho for Rambo. I'm dying to repaint the head again but am waiting until I change the body. He'd really look ace on a Wolverine/Comedian body.

RamboFB162.jpg

RamboFB16.jpg

And the final paint apps on the Steel Brigade helmet.

SBfc.jpg

SBfc1.jpg

Rambo's looking great and that Steel Brigade helmet is killer!!!!!

All right !!!
I never step into this thread and now I see most of Elvis inspirations work.
You are very creative and I admire that.

Thanks, Die and C-Phan! I'm definitely going to try and breathe a little more life into this thread. Here's a couple new shots of Rorschach.

He's just a DCD Ror on a TT with modded SSC Stormtrooper feet. I'd originally intended this as to just hold me over until the HT version but that's apparantly a no-go. The overcoat while mising pockets is actually pretty good. It's been water treated and weathered. Eventually that hat really needs to go.

16Rorschachcust3.jpg

16Rorschachcust4.jpg

16Rorschachcust.jpg

16Rorschachcust2.jpg

Last edited:

Recieved some pretty sweet decals in the mail today from EVILFACE. Really can't get over the quality on them they look awesome! Amongst others were namebadges and a pair of insignias for Mjr. Bludd. :rock2

mandybaby.jpg

Bludddrk.jpg

Wow MANDO that Rorschach is amazing, so it's just the DCD one and a Slim TT? I might need to try and make one.

Awesome the joes look like soldiers from the 1970s.

Wow MANDO that Rorschach is amazing, so it's just the DCD one and a Slim TT? I might need to try and make one.

Regular TT, Deak. At the time there was only the rumor of HT figures on the horizon so I wasn't too concerned with scale. If we don't wind up seeing him from HT I'm going to have to give it a bit of a make-over.

Awesome the joes look like soldiers from the 1970s.

Belated thanks, GP!

A older shot from the Steel Brigade thread that should really go in here too. The silver/green is just the standard head while the gold/blue is something I decided to try with a dud cast. Its based off the second version of the figure from the early '90s.

V1andV2.jpg

This'll always be my favorite of his many looks. Loved the design since I was a kid and it's nce to finally have him on the team with the others.

:flag Snake Eyes "v2" :flag

SE1.jpg

SE4.jpg

SE6.jpg

SE5.jpg

Wow, Mando, I was just going through your portfolio and that's some really impressive work. The Joe's are awesome, especially, that last one and the Star Wars guys are amazing.

Really top quality:clap

Damn man that is awesome.
SPOT ON i love it.

Thanks, Seb! Also, glad your helmet arrived safe and sound!

Wow, Mando, I was just going through your portfolio and that's some really impressive work. The Joe's are awesome, especially, that last one and the Star Wars guys are amazing.

Really top quality:clap

Definitely appreciate you checking them out, ItchyBitz! :)

Very cool, that's my favorite versions of SE too!

Thanks, SciFi! To me it's by far his most iconic appearance.

Thanks, Die, GreyRabbit, and Puay!

I finished this one a couple days ago.

Angel (Based more on his days in L.A. than Sunnydale.)

Angel.jpg

Angel1.jpg

nice work on the Angel figure where u get the coat at?

Back