Mando's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Bear with me I'm not always to good at the thread posting cause I tend to be a man of few words. I used to customize the little 6" guys before I moved up to 1/6 some years back and I guess it was inevitable that I'd start customizing the big guys.

Figured I'd start with some of GI Joes:

Snow Job
SnowJob166.jpg

SnowJob161.jpg

Recondo
Recondo161.jpg

Flint, the one that started it all
Flint.jpg

And Commanders Cody and Baccara:

CommCody3.jpg

CommCody.jpg

Baccara.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Not so average Joes, and a few others

Great work Mando, really like those clones!

wow great work. i really like the flint one he was always my favorite joe. how'd you make/get all the clothes and gear for them?

Hey man, I've seen your stuff elsewhere (and actually provided links here so people could see it). Amazing. Your Flint was the inspiration for a WIP that i have going. Your Beachhead and Shipwreck are also top notch. Great stuff.

I love seeing your Joes. Great work. Really digging the Snow Job! :rock

Kinda let this thread slip away from me. :slap

Staps, thanks man! Anyone with 1138 in their name is a buddy of mine! :D Clones are blast to do, I haven't made one in ages.

Superdoug, Flint is one of my all-time favorite Joes too! The gear for the most part is bought parted out from either Monkey Depot or Toy Anxiety. A few times I've had to rely on ebay and HK sellers, especially when TTs became scarce in the US.

Karamazov, I'd love to see your Flint wip! I actually updated mine a few days ago with a new belt. He still needs a few bits but he's one of my favs, and what pretty much started the whole Joe fiasco! :D And thanks for linking me here, I ought to spend more time with the Freaks! :rock

small_studios, thanks bud! That means a good deal to me, your work is highly respected and rightly so!

Here's my newest Joe, Duke. He's about 95% complete. I still need to finish off the backpack and add the airborne/paratrooper medal.

Duke204.jpg

More pics are in the GI Joe/Military section.

And Hit & Run, one of the coolest Joes from the late 80's.

HitRun2.jpg

All of those are KILLER!

I really like that Snow Job, just amazing!

Thanks, Die!

This one's a re-work of a figure I posted some time ago. The concept is with all the Star Wars referances in Indiana Jones how about a bounty hunter similar to Boba Fett. Somewhat based off Commando Cody and the Rocketmen. The same hired gun but working for a slightly different Empire. The gear is mismatched so that he doesn't appear to have any nationality, he's on the side of the highest bidder.

Anyway, I added more wear on the armor bits and helmet. Also the tassles, which were suggested by Galactiboy. I'm gonna do a removable flamthrower of sorts, just waiting for it to come in.

2.jpg

1.jpg

***Excuse the carpet, I haven't made a floor piece for this dio yet.

Those are amazing figures there! I really dig the clones. That Baccara is killer.

Those are the most awesome gi joe i have ever seen in 1/6 scale!
Amazing detail! Love what you did buddy!

Very nice work indeed.

You should go into business making those Joes man, I'd buy each and everyone of them. Awesome work!!

Wow, Thanks you for all the kind words, guys! :rock

There's still a few more Joes I need to put up here. Duke is the latest but he's still waiting on his backpack and wings to be really done. I also need to take new pictures of Commander Gree which is actually my favorite of the Clones I did. So hopefully lots more stuff to come!

This one's been done for a while now. It's the DCD 13" Rorschach's clothing with a new scarf/ascot and dummy head on a HT body. The shoes are reworked from a SSC Stormtrooper. I had a lot of fun weathering this guy!

16Rorschach5.jpg

16Rorschach12.jpg

16Rorschach14.jpg

Rornewtoys1.jpg

WOW Mando! How did I miss your thread!? Those are fantastic - I like your attention to detail and creativity with all the figures. Being an AT Joe guy myself, I really appreciate the work you have done in that style :) SW clones are top notch, I had to really look to see if those were hasbro figures or not ..well done and please keep posting more :)

Back