Mando's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Not so average Joes, and a few others

that bespin luke is the best I have seen yet. I am currently working on a bespin luke project with someone else on the boards since ESB is my fav star wars movie as well. I hope my outfit turns out as well as yours did. Great job

Looks good.

I was watching the movie again not too long ago, and in the scene where he is gathering the poncho stuff, you can clearly see the seams sticking out the sides of his shirt, so the HT version was acurate, at least for that scene. He may just had the shirt inside out.

That's actually kinda interesting and would explain why HT mad the seems like that. I actually keep meaning to make the ponco for him just never got around to it. :eek:

Big smiles over your Joes. Awesome work man.

Thanks, man! :duff

that bespin luke is the best I have seen yet. I am currently working on a bespin luke project with someone else on the boards since ESB is my fav star wars movie as well. I hope my outfit turns out as well as yours did. Great job

I have a feeling it might. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadn't posted my Cobra Commander mod in here yet along with the warroom console which looks more like CC is playing Risk. I've got a neat idea for this piece and the Cobra Throne once it comes out and am really hoping SSC gets around to Crimson Guards soon.

ccwarroom.jpg

Better shot of the "Risk" console.

CCcomandroom.jpg

Nice console, Mando! :rock

On the Luke, the Pro body works great for him! I've put all my Lukes on Pros now, which was easy since I had about 8 of them laying around. Just bashed a Jedi Luke on a Pro with DID boots, one Cobra Commander hand and one Indy hand. The weak shoulders on the Pro work much better then the boxy Buck for Luke. :rock

Thanks for the tip, Flosi! :rock2 I definitely gotta try and put my Jedi Luke on a Pro. How's the head size look in comparison?

Finished this one in the past couple days. Jumpsuit was an extra I had lying around and it's died red to match the look of the Arkham inmates in Batman Begins. Straight jacket and muzzle are from Medicom's Hannibal Lecter and the head is modded from the Police version of Joker. Everything's been weathered and repainted. The stand was something extra since he's fairly barebones and I'll likely be selling this one off.

Arkham Asylam Escape Joker... Chaos connot be contained.

ArkhamJoker1.jpg

ArkhamJoker.jpg

ArkhamJoker4.jpg

arkhambase.jpg

ArkhamJoker2.jpg

SICK!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Very nice MANDO! Hella creative bash!

Love the base :rock :rock :rock :rock

Go some Lecter there too, very cool

Thanks guys! :duff He definitely a lot of fun to do.

Joker is going up for sale later on today. He was to do but think/hope someone else will get an even bigger kick out of him

Last edited:

Thanks for the tip, Flosi! :rock2 I definitely gotta try and put my Jedi Luke on a Pro. How's the head size look in comparison?

The head is still pretty massive but I have him displayed 'duel' style so there's no robes to bulk him up, which doesn't help. Still, I'm really happy with the way he looks. He could use a little padding in the butt area but otherwise it looks great.

Your Bespin Luke got inspired me to start my own too. Amazon had them for $21 through gohastings. Started a little work on it last night. It's amazing how much better the outfit looks on a Pro.

The head is still pretty massive but I have him displayed 'duel' style so there's no robes to bulk him up, which doesn't help. Still, I'm really happy with the way he looks. He could use a little padding in the butt area but otherwise it looks great.

Your Bespin Luke got inspired me to start my own too. Amazon had them for $21 through gohastings. Started a little work on it last night. It's amazing how much better the outfit looks on a Pro.

$21 for Luke is a steal, imo! I wish I'd paid that much. I too was really surprised as to how well the outfit hung on a Pro, especially since I'm such an avid Prometheus hater. I added some cotton balls to even out the butt a little and fill the pants better but on a whole the body swap makes for a huge improvement. Gotta try my Jedi Luke on one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small update tonight or large depending on how you want to perceive it...

wip.jpg

Wild Weasle wip on the left.... Unnamed trooper on the right ;)

Visor on the troop helmet will significantly sanded down to a slight overhang. Right now it looks like a BMX helmet... :pow Miles still to go on that one.

Last edited:

Thanks, Flosi!

More progress on the Trooper sculpt. Ditched the visor altogether as it looked too much like Dodger or Blaster. Still a little way to go. That middle arch needs to be extended in the back, forward arch needs to be sanded, "mouth" details and the sides haven't be started yet (hence no frontal shots still looks like a BMX helmet :pow)

Wip2.jpg

Looks great Mando! Wild Weasel is a great choice! I forgot about him. I can't wait till you finish!

Thanks, Flosi!

More progress on the Trooper sculpt. Ditched the visor altogether as it looked too much like Dodger or Blaster. Still a little way to go. That middle arch needs to be extended in the back, forward arch needs to be sanded, "mouth" details and the sides haven't be started yet (hence no frontal shots still looks like a BMX helmet :pow)

Wip2.jpg

Not sure who any of these characters are, but they are all damn nice!

Thanks guys! :duff

New update.... Some Work in progress heads/helmets.

WIPs.jpg

-Wild Weasle; not a lot left to do just haven't put much effort into him since starting the SB project
-Rock n Roll; got a new neck now he needs a better body
-Steel Brigade; 75% completed :naughty needs the muzzle details, rivets in the back, and just some general refining
-Han Solo; my next SW repaint who I'll likely not keep(ESB only from now on) :dunno needs to be stripped repainted

Speaking of SW repaints this was one I never intended to do as it came from SSC already really nice. But the glossiness of mine and the oversaturated red/brown wash began bug me so I decided to have a go at it. Also added a bit of pudge to the body, no need for a swap he's one of the few figures I actually don't mind on the Buck.

OldBen.jpg

OldBen1.jpg

OldBen2.jpg

OldBen3.jpg

I love your customs. Keep up the great work.

I love your AA joker very much..:rock

I love your customs. Keep up the great work.

Thanks man! :duff

I love your AA joker very much..:rock

Thanks, Shai! He was one my favorites to do.

Another update of the same stuff.

-SB head is about 85% done. Anxious to get that project underway as I really want to paint those.
-Random Dragon I've been playing around with in between drying times. Nothing special.
-Kyle Reese, shortened neck, added stubble. Needs to be repainted.
-The 'Block finally got some pants after trying too many pairs to speak of. That's a project that's taken too long. Still need to dye them a bit.
-Wild Weasle coming along pretty well to.

DSC00428.jpg

Duke's backpack. Shovel isn't 100% accurate but will be easy enough to swap out when I find the right kind. Weathered it and may start adding a bit more wathering to my Joes. Make 'em a little more real world.

DSC00429.jpg

The SB is looking damn good bro.
Loving that roadblock in the back also!
Funny thing is that i bought the exact same Shovel for my DUke.

lol, was about to buy the same shovel as well to make my pack for Steel Brigade!

That Steel Brigade sculpt is amazing! I still have a hard time not calling him 'Gunner' as that's what my 3 3/4 fig was. I know, not very original but I liked it, hehe.

Would definitely be interested in one of these sculpts when they're available!

Back