InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know anything about reliability. But about $175 cheaper than KGH and about a 25% markup as opposed to a 35% markup over what Kit was charging.
I've ordered the occasional figure through TBA, and has always been great. No customs fees here in Europe. Never had any issues however, so can't talk to the customer service.

I know wizards are never early... but Gandalf arrived a day ahead of schedule! 5 days total shipping from OSK. That's awesome. 😁

1000001980.jpg

1000001982.jpg

No futzing yet. I'm really happy with the hair, which already looks great without any treatment. The beard folded over onto itself inside the packaging, so it'll need a little love. Still looks amazing!

I do have a bit of cross-eye going on, though. It's not terribly noticeable when he's looking straight ahead or at shelf distance, but I think it'll limit my ability to move the eyes much. Not sure it's bad enough to be worth bothering Kit, but we'll see. I'm just glad they moved away from PERS with their future releases.

1000001984.jpg

Is there a law or something in Illinois that they can't buy direct from Hong Kong or China or wherever it is that TBA ships from? That's so bizarre that it's only one state.
Bizarre yes but that’s how US works. Every state can do pretty much whatever they want.

Does blu tack mean your Gandalf- or at least that head- was a ‘prototype’ display piece?

One might assume that would make it one of the most competently haired and painted heads out there.

I received a replacement left hand for the hand that wouldn't fit securely on the peg, and wouldn't you know it, the replacement hand doesn't fit either. Not sure if it's a straight up manufacturing/mold issue, or if it's just too much glue in the hand, but comparing the hands that do fit, the peg hole in the hands that fit is definitely deeper.

The worst part is that it's not just the relaxed left hand that doesn't fit, but both gripping hands as well. It's beginning to remind me of the Asmus Crown Gandalf. It's a figure that I want to like, but just these manufacturing oversights make it a challenge to enjoy.

It would be worth it if I could figure out how to remove the magnet, but I'm not sure what I can wedge in there to break the glue and pop the magnet out. A knife would be my first thought, but it would definitely cut up the plastic around the hand and cause damage, so I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

I haven't undressed him, but does anyone know if the forearms can be popped out and replaced with standard True-Type ones? And then we could use standard wrist pegs?

I received a replacement left hand for the hand that wouldn't fit securely on the peg, and wouldn't you know it, the replacement hand doesn't fit either. Not sure if it's a straight up manufacturing/mold issue, or if it's just too much glue in the hand, but comparing the hands that do fit, the peg hole in the hands that fit is definitely deeper.

The worst part is that it's not just the relaxed left hand that doesn't fit, but both gripping hands as well. It's beginning to remind me of the Asmus Crown Gandalf. It's a figure that I want to like, but just these manufacturing oversights make it a challenge to enjoy.

It would be worth it if I could figure out how to remove the magnet, but I'm not sure what I can wedge in there to break the glue and pop the magnet out. A knife would be my first thought, but it would definitely cut up the plastic around the hand and cause damage, so I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts?
That’s disappointing. My left grip hand doesn’t fit either and i even took out the magnet. It just doesn’t “click”. It has to be a mold issue.

Okay guys so I've completely fixed my hands, the issue is the glue, it's way too much and it spilled over the magnet. Here's the best way to clean the inside of the peg and completely get rid of the glue. The hands I use now both stay on securely however I still prefer normal pegs over to inArt magnet ones.

1. Get tweezers, these are the ones I used.

1714870001710.png

2. Get the hand you wanna fix and scrape really hard here, the glue will fall out little by little until it's completely clean.

This completely fixed my hands and all go all the way in now. Hope I helped. It takes ~5 minutes

Again, with normal pegs you won't have this issue. I wish they will provide normal pegs.

Okay guys so I've completely fixed my hands, the issue is the glue, it's way too much and it spilled over the magnet. Here's the best way to clean the inside of the peg and completely get rid of the glue. The hands I use now both stay on securely however I still prefer normal pegs over to inArt magnet ones.

1. Get tweezers, these are the ones I used.

View attachment 701269

2. Get the hand you wanna fix and scrape really hard here, the glue will fall out little by little until it's completely clean.

View attachment 701270

This completely fixed my hands and all go all the way in now. Hope I helped. It takes ~5 minutes

Again, with normal pegs you won't have this issue. I wish they will provide normal pegs.

View attachment 701271

This is a good tip, and I have a pair of tweezers like this, but in my case, and I'm assuming with others as well, there is still too much glue under the magnet, adhering the magnet to the hand. I've scraped off glue on top of the magnet in the peg hole, the peg hole is still too shallow to grab onto the wrist peg.

Don’t have it yet but I don’t really understand why InArt is using magnets for hands to begin with. Other than a way to differentiate themselves it just seems unnecessary. I wish more companies would just do like Sideshow and have all included hands with pegs pre-installed.

Back