The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The updated cowl looks bad. Very stylized. The weird sleepy looking eye sculpt they did for it isn't helping either.

a4PG1bH.png
Doesn’t really look sleepy in the closer shot. Looks like they tried to get the squint look but weren’t too successful. However, I think it’s better than bulging eyes. The nose is looking a bit too large though

IMG_2521.jpeg

Last edited:
Think the updated body is quite nice. Tempted to buy one once it gets parted out, but also waiting to see Inarts version. The new shoulder pads make it look a lot more proportional in my eyes. Also looks like this might finally be a decent Baleman cape.

Hot toys rushing to get theirs out before InArt I assume. Also I never understand why people say a sculpt is "idealized", just say inaccurate. They aren't ever trying to make something "idealized" whatever that means, they are always trying to make it look as screen accurate as possible

Hot toys rushing to get theirs out before InArt I assume. Also I never understand why people say a sculpt is "idealized", just say inaccurate. They aren't ever trying to make something "idealized" whatever that means, they are always trying to make it look as screen accurate as possible

Idealized in the sense that if the actor has one eye bigger than the other, HT won’t capture that and will make the eyes even, because it’s more “attractive” or “correct”. Idealized.

Which also results an ‘inaccurate’ sculpt. Which means you’re not wrong.

😅😅

Definitely not bad but far from perfect. Looks like a shrunk version of the 1/4th cowl just slightly altered.

Doesn’t really look sleepy in the closer shot. The nose is looking a bit too large though

View attachment 703241
I'm having trouble seeing Bale at all with the eye sculpt and cowl. Super hard edges + lines running throughout the entire cowl when it should be softer. It's like they chiseled the hell out of every single detail. Very weird looking shape on the overall cowl itself.

It reminds me of JND's cowl and eye sculpt that they attempted for their 1/6 "figure".

ypP32tR.png

amJXMHC.png
DGW8Tfp.png

I'm having trouble seeing Bale at all with the eye sculpt and cowl. Super hard edges + lines running throughout the entire cowl when it should be softer. It's like they chiseled the hell out of every single detail. Very weird looking shape on the overall cowl itself.

It reminds me of JND's cowl and eye sculpt that they attempted for their 1/6 "figure".

ypP32tR.png

amJXMHC.png
DGW8Tfp.png
Yes very sharp edges. It actually reminds me of the original MMS71 sculpt which also had sharp edges and a big nose. I do wonder if the sharper edges will get smoothened out in production much like how the skin texture and hair detailing tends to get softer 🤔
Might not be a good idea to show OT’s cowl in the comparison, though. The discussion that followed in the Begins thread got it temporarily locked.

Last edited:
Everything's more defined, but it's still off. The cowl, the Bruce head. It's not quite there yet. Maybe the next one.

Also, the suited arms look very thin from the profile and back. Like, they're thinner than the Bruce figure's arms lol.

I appreciate the 'significant' effort they put in, but I'm not sure if it looks better or worse, I don't see Bale much in the sculpts. I'm hopeful it'll look better in hands and im keeping my PO, still exciting nonetheless.

This changed the power pose sculpt too right? I'm assuming it's not a separate sculpt?

This changed the power pose sculpt too right? I'm assuming it's not a separate sculpt?
I believe so but it’s hard to tell. I hate that they don’t post all the pics on IG like they do Facebook.

Here’s the new “everything you get” pic:
IMG_2523.jpeg

I do think the new Bale sculpt looks better straight on than the 3/4 views they’re showcasing to illustrate the moving eyes

IMG_2524.jpeg

[Update on Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne 1/6th scale Collectible Set]

Hot Toys team has dedicated significant effort and closely examined scenes from "The Dark Knight Rises" to ensure the final product of Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne 1/6th scale Collectible Set (MMS702) captures a faithful representation of Batman and his enduring suit, with attention extending to even the smallest design elements and proportions.

These enhancements include more intricate armor detailing, improved accuracy in the cowl, around the neck, and Batsuit design, adding depth to showcase the passion of this creation.

Also, the refined sculpting of the facial expression, hair, and skin detail imbues the Bruce Wayne figure with a heightened sense of realism and true-to-life authenticity.

Here are the close-ups for the FIRSTLY UNVEILED MASKED HEAD, the refined Bruce Wayne head sculpt, also a more precise look and feel for the suit!

Last edited:
Hot Toys is doing a newer Solo TDK Bale Batman after this Armory set right? @Aybaig
Based on the lack of mouth plates, I'd say yes, they'll also want to maximize use of all this new tooling and work, doesn't make sense to put so much effort in to a piece that is content restricted behind such a high price tag

Based on these pictures, I'd say Oaty's cowl is better. I've got it on a QS019, so I'm good. But honestly? I wouldn't buy this on principle. I think it was really lame to not fix any of the well-known issues for the DX19, then announce a figure with those fixes while the DX19 was shipping to customers (and making it an expensive set instead of a standalone figure makes matters worse).

I think the QS019 is the last TDK Batman I need, but if that changes, I'd rather wait for the InArt.

Back