Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Star Wars : The Empire Strikes Back - Bespin Luke Skywalker DX

Well...if the antenna is included, then all in all I might say it is a pretty good value.

And the exclusive is very cool...but that item should have gone with Dagobah Luke.

How do you make these wonder-eyes move? Do you just move the figure's head around and it happens automatically? Or do you position them with your fingers?

I'm okay with it not lighting up. Light up feature might make the lightsaber too bulky and I wouldn't use it anyway. None of Sideshow's figures have light up lightsabers either, so it fits imo.

to make the lightsaber light up it will be to big.

I'm surprised nobody is griping that the lightsaber doesn't even light up.

HT said awhile ago that they couldn't get it to light up the way they wanted so they went with a non light up lightsaber. I'm sure that's why no one is griping about, b/c we already knew it wasn't happening

How do you make these wonder-eyes move? Do you just move the figure's head around and it happens automatically? Or do you position them with your fingers?

there's usually a "stick" in the back of the head once you remove the hair piece that you rotate and allows the eyes to move in the position tgat you want them to be looking

HT said awhile ago that they couldn't get it to light up the way they wanted so they went with a non light up lightsaber. I'm sure that's why no one is griping about, b/c we already knew it wasn't happening

there's usually a "stick" in the back of the head once you remove the hair piece that you rotate and allows the eyes to move in the position tgat you want them to be looking

Thanks! That would be cool. If the lever was visible...I would be an extreme hater.

I'm not a big SW guy but I'm tempted. I may get this and the eventual SS Vader to represent SW in the collection.

I'm surprised nobody is griping that the lightsaber doesn't even light up.

Hot Toys already said it wouldn't and they gave some reasons why in a recent interview with them about Star Wars.

Personally, I don't care about a light-up lightsaber and it would very rarely be turned on. The whole set would probably have cost more because of it, too.

This set puts a smile on my face. I was hoping for a long time that Hot Toys would make 1/6 SW figures and they did more than I expected for their first release. Can't wait for more!

Fantastic set!
I doubt I'll keep both figures, but this looks awesome.

So is it up for pre-order yet?

So through SSC, both the EX and regular costs the same? Why would anyone get the regular then?

Edit:NVM, the regular has free shipping and the EX charges shipping. Cheap basterds

Last edited:
:panic: Was not expecting this today! Easiest star wars decision ever. Ordered the exclusive, it's one of the best I've ever seen from SS. Flexed it too. Considering how much we get for the price that was $30 cheaper than I thought it would be, this is one of the best deals from Hot Toys in quite a while. I was originally only planning on maybe splitting with a boardie, but I really couldn't decide on which I'd want and in the end both look great so I think they're both keepers.

PS..Totally hanging the weather vane from the ceiling...no need to worry about display space. :)

:exactly: That is my plan too. Put clean Luke in a detolf (maybe make him into a Dagobah Luke idk yet) and hang BD Luke next to the detolf. It's gonna look cool I think!!

Ok see you when in-hand pics start showing up :wave

Back