Galactiboy's foray into sculpting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an attempt at the Kinnikuman character Buffaloman...
buffaloman.jpg

you may know him as the M.U.S.C.L.E. Terri Bull:​
territoon.gif

This is really cool J!
I am enjoying seeing you learn this. It is fun, and you'll get more out of every thing you sculpt.
Best advice is, look at heads from many angles. Above and Below too. There are so many subtle aspects to faces. It is hard to learn, but you are already getting better!
Your hair is not bad either! Hair is HARD to sculpt!

Keep it up!

Thanks Les! I appreciate the advice, I find it difficult to find good reference for faces... typically if I can find a front, left and right profile I'm doing pretty good? Any advice on how to manage that issue?

I also think a problem for me is taking my time... I tend to rush things and that can lead to less than great results :monkey3

galactiboy said:
Here's an attempt at the Kinnikuman character Buffaloman...
buffaloman.jpg

you may know him as the M.U.S.C.L.E. Terri Bull:​
territoon.gif

:rock:rock:rock

You should sculpt a whole M.U.S.C.L.E. figure in 1:6 scale!!

King Darkness said:
N-aysayer!!!!

Josh!?!?!? This be not Josh!!!

Oh my! My mistake. Galatic. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I just typed. LOL! Sorry! :confused: I would like to know if you have tried painting any yet?

Thanks Chase for defending the sanctity of the name Joseph :lol And for the kind words... I would love one day to have a complete M.U.S.C.L.E. figure, but that is waaaay beyond my means at this time. But I would like to make a custom 1/6 figure... probably start with the main dude, I have some ideas on how to cobble together a body and clothes for him.

And Badmoon, no worries about the name... there are a lot of Joshs, but I am but a humble Joseph. And I did respond to you earlier question about painting, the response just wasn't clearly articulated:

I made an attempt (at painting :monkey3 ) with the Rod Serling and it didn't go so well. That was before I learned about using 90% alcohol and sanding to smooth the sculpt. So the surface coupled with my inability to paint turned out pretty poorly

But I am hoping to work on this a bit as well!

Here is my first custom figure, a zombie jock!

compzomba.jpg

compzombb.jpg

compzombc.jpg

compzombd.jpg

compzombe.jpg

compzombf.jpg

I used my own head sculpt (shown earlier) and added him to a Dragon Football player... the figure was all nice and clean yesterday, but after a marathon of work I don't think I could get a refund :lol

I painted the figure as well which of course covers the head, and I also did all of the exposed limbs to match, since them being pink and shiny would have been kinda crummy looking.

Thanks for looking!

DUDE!!!!!!! THAT KAME OUT FUKKIN' AWESOME!!!!

I love the blood splatter on the hands!!!

I think, for your first full on kustom, you did a fabulous job!!!!

Really, Joseph, I'm a bit shocked out how good it came out!

:bow:bow:bow:bow

I see great things in your future!

Look out Josh and Les, there may be a new kustomizer on the horizon!!

galactiboy said:
Here is my first custom figure, a zombie jock!

compzomba.jpg

compzombb.jpg

compzombc.jpg

compzombd.jpg

compzombe.jpg

compzombf.jpg

I used my own head sculpt (shown earlier) and added him to a Dragon Football player... the figure was all nice and clean yesterday, but after a marathon of work I don't think I could get a refund :lol

I painted the figure as well which of course covers the head, and I also did all of the exposed limbs to match, since them being pink and shiny would have been kinda crummy looking.

Thanks for looking!

DUDE!!! That is Freakin AWESOME!!! :duff

I loooove the blood splatter effect... very nice touch. This is seriously a great start, really amazing work. And the sculpting... How did I miss this thread for so long?? Love the Brock Samson.

I am very interested to see what you try next! If you ever need any help.. don't hesitate bro. You've got some talent there man, love to help make it grow! :rock

Thanks guys! I appreciate it... he was a lot of fun to do!

And I tried to learn from your bloodwork Josh... so I'm really thrilled you think it came out good :rock I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for hints now and again :D

Thanks Ian, yeah it does look like there uniforms...

Also, here is a second figure, my Geico Caveman. He is from the second therapy commercial when he has to talk to a therapy doll. The clothes are temporary as I'm waiting for more representative duds.

"What's your name...
he doesn't say anything 'cause he's a doll."

cavemancompa.jpg

cavemancompb.jpg

cavemancompc.jpg

I realized afterwards I probably should have thinned out the paints before doing the face... but live and learn :lol

Back