Galactiboy's foray into sculpting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what you are sculpting, but he looks like a mafia boss to me.

:monkey3

Do you mean the first one? Supposed to be Brock Samson from the Venture Brothers. Couldn't find the exact image I used, but this is the general idea.

BrockSamson.jpeg

Here's a bit of an update to the Cyclops from earlier today. I was on OSW reading a tutorial and it was suggested that brushes be used to smooth out the sculpt and give it a more finished look. And since I hadn't baked this guy yet I gave it a shot. I think it really makes a difference:

Before
cyclopsa.jpg

After
cyclopsupdate.jpg

I think the biggest differences are around the sides of the nose and around the mouth.

Hey again, I decided to try a actual person this time and went with Rod Serling... so submitted for your approval :lol

serlingcompb.jpg

I think I got fairly close on this, but the eyes are a too big. Unfortunately I noticed that after the first baking. I also tried to have his ears sticking out, but I didn't account for the depth of the hair.​

serlinga.jpg

And before hair application or baking and some modifications.​
serlingb.jpg

So again any feedback would be appreciated as I move on to the next :chew

Thanks King!

Here's a new attempt... I decided to have another go at a Geico Caveman. I went with the Therapy version:
geicotherapist.jpg

Finished sculpt​
cavemangles.jpg

And here's an in progress of the hair and beard​
cavemanprogression.jpg

And comparison with my first **ahem** effort​

cavemancomp.jpg

So, I didn't nail him by any means... but I think he came out pretty good. I feel I ended up somewhere between Moses and a Caveman :lol

Galactic! Are you kidding me. Holy Hell! Look how far you have come in such a short time. Man I think you found yourself something you are good at! Great job. I sure am impressed!

This last one looks like an Asian Jerry Garcia.

Improvements can been seen with each one. :cool:

Thanks for sharing Gb.

:)

He does look like an Asian Garcia :rotfl

Thats pretty damn funny... I should retool him and make money of deadheads. Oh wait they've probably spent all their money on weed and live recordings :monkey3

cavemancomp.jpg

Its like night and day J. You have improved a whole shat load in a short time!!! The proportions are much more realistic and better represent a human face than your first cave dude. I am very impressed J!

:rock:rock:rock

:bow

And he does have an Asian vibe going:lol

galactiboy said:
cavemancomp.jpg
[/CENTER]

So, I didn't nail him by any means... but I think he came out pretty good. I feel I ended up somewhere between Moses and a Caveman :lol

I see definate improvement gb. Keep it up. I love seeing the progression of people's talents.

:rock

Thanks guys! Suggestions from people have really helped and just spending more time on the sculpts.

Well since you can never have too many zombies... unless of course you're being chased by them. Here's my attempt, I was thinking he might be good for a jock zombie or something like that:

zombiea.jpg

And some WIP shots​
zombieawip.jpg

I made an attempt with the Rod Serling and it didn't go so well. That was before I learned about using 90% alcohol and sanding to smooth the sculpt. So the surface coupled with my inability to paint turned out pretty poorly :monkey2

But I am hoping to work on this a bit as well!

Back