Enterbay 1/4 Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky IV, Rocky V, Rocky Balboa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For super fans, any nice Rocky collectible would be well received, but it's a matter of numbers, are there enough super fans to sustain a product line and justify the expense of making the item. I think Rocky is a character that only has appeal to the super fan, he doesn't offer much for casual fans, other Stallone figures at least offer good parts for customs if nothing else. I question if the numbers of fans willing to spend money on collectibles would be enough to meet the edition sizes needed to justify making products. EB will do 1 Rocky at least, but if it struggles, I doubt we see more, and with Hot Toys, even if they do a new Rocky and it's a hit, there's no telling if they'll do more, they've phased on easy big sellers before.

gud2js_20080924214730_7850583_1.jpg

gud2js_20120126203425_5864317_12.jpg

gud2js_20120126203425_5864317_13.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is the ultimate Rocky figure yet to be made, people on here have talked about this for years. Does anyone know why this hasn't been made yet? It just seems like such a knowbrainer. I think this would sellout in preorder.

For super fans, any nice Rocky collectible would be well received, but it's a matter of numbers, are there enough super fans to sustain a product line and justify the expense of making the item. I think Rocky is a character that only has appeal to the super fan, he doesn't offer much for casual fans, other Stallone figures at least offer good parts for customs if nothing else. I question if the numbers of fans willing to spend money on collectibles would be enough to meet the edition sizes needed to justify making products. EB will do 1 Rocky at least, but if it struggles, I doubt we see more, and with Hot Toys, even if they do a new Rocky and it's a hit, there's no telling if they'll do more, they've phased on easy big sellers before.

Agreed. What really bugs me on this forum is all the hate on the HT Rocky line, the two Clubber's and the Italian Stallion are excellent, Apollo is very good and Rocky IV even with an average sculpt compared today's quality isn't that bad, the only fig in the whole line that you can really complain about is Drago.

I dont see why you think Rocky only appeals to Super Fans lol. Though I wasn't a huge fan of HT's Rocky figures, didn't they make five or six of them? They obviously appealed to someone. And as I have said before, there hasn't been that many "great" Rocky collectibles out there. If the headsculpt and paint are as good as their T-800, then this figure will be a success.

I dont see why you think Rocky only appeals to Super Fans lol. Though I wasn't a huge fan of HT's Rocky figures, didn't they make five or six of them? They obviously appealed to someone. And as I have said before, there hasn't been that many "great" Rocky collectibles out there. If the headsculpt and paint are as good as their T-800, then this figure will be a success.

I base it on the commentary I see around here, the types of things collectors seem to want and need to justify costs of figures. People were ok spending $80 on the old Rocky figures because they were the ____ back then. Muscle body figures were the most innovative and special thing in 1/6 back then. Now it's detailed costumes, elaborate bases, high accessory counts an heavily detailed accessories. Rocky figures today don't offer as much wow as they did before, muscle bodies are very commonplace now, Rocky costumes are too basic to really wow anyone and the accessories are minimal and ha limited use, unlike weapons and tech gadgets. At best a Rocky today from HT would cost $150, and I think the more casual customers would see that as a lot of money for not a lot in the box.

If there are enough serious fans to buy, you might see a lot, but we have et to see anything to really suggest that, at least in high end like HT or EB.

If there are enough serious fans to buy, you might see a lot, but we have et to see anything to really suggest that, at least in high end like HT or EB.

Maybe they did sell so well back then just because of the muscle bodies. But my point is that obviously there are people willing to pay big money on rocky collectibles, just like before. The HT figures still sell for around $400-500 USD on ebay.

Last edited:
Like I said before, I do think Rocky is consistently overrated by collectible companies that have grander plans than the license warrants. For instance, Jakks made figures of every background character in every old film, including a hunk of meat and freakin' Brent Musberger. Art Asylum slated to have figures from Rocky 1-3, plus some 2-packs, before a single pack hit the stores. HT released figures from multiple movies, including variants of characters like Clubber Lang. Enterbay wants to do 1/4 scale figures from EVERY FILM HE WAS IN, presumably at massive production runs (5,000 each?).

Yes, companies will have a hard time selling stuff when you have delusions of grandeur along those lines for films that are about a boxer, and his life and times. Most visually interesting when he has a colorful robe or pair of gloves, he's no Predator or Superman. But that doesn't mean Rocky doesn't have his niche and can't sell. These companies just need to be realistic. Same problem with Indiana Jones. Hugely popular film. Insanely iconic character. But he's an archeologist that wears a brown leather jacket and a fedora. He doesn't have a laser gun on his shoulder, emo clown paint, or a jet pack. So you can't produce 10,000 figures and hope they're gonna all sell out to a collector's audience (particularly if the execution is lacking somehow :monkey1 )

Agreed, Rocky is a 1 and done character for high end sales, which is why HT, HCG and now EB are starting with the flag shorts versions, that's te iconic Rocky from a marketing standpoint, like Rambo 2 is for Rambo.

Im just curious to see what type of Muscle body will they be using. (Rubber, joints, etc)

I do believe that if I was to purchase a Rocky figure I would want street cloth. Not interested in the “ring” look. That being said I would lean more towards a Rocky Balboa street cloth instead of the original Rocky street cloth. I think that Rocky in the sixth movie as he has aged has more information and detail in his face sculpt that would be more interesting to the buyer.

But I will wait for HT's to do Rocky.

Im just curious to see what type of Muscle body will they be using. (Rubber, joints, etc)

Given the nature of the character, I imagine EB's Rocky's will be statues like their 1/4 Bruce Lees, maybe articulated for a Rocky 1 in street clothes, which would fit with the comment of that being first, Rocky 3 statue and Rocky 1 figure.

Given the nature of the character, I imagine EB's Rocky's will be statues like their 1/4 Bruce Lees, maybe articulated for a Rocky 1 in street clothes, which would fit with the comment of that being first, Rocky 3 statue and Rocky 1 figure.

These are going to be statues? I would prefer if they were. I think if it were a figure the visible joints would take away from the overall appearence.

These are going to be statues? I would prefer if they were. I think if it were a figure the visible joints would take away from the overall appearence.

I think they will, especially with how much skin shows and the nature of the character. Bruce Lees have been statues, so far T-800 is the only articulated figure, and in terms of character, I'd say Rocky is more like Bruce tha Terminator, he dorsn't have accessories needin posability, a nice statue pose will work. Rambo 3 is going to be big as far as this line goes, te accessories suggest a fully articulated figure but the T-800 body is ugly for showing the body, so if Rambo 3 is posable, does EB have a plan to make the articulation less noticable.

I think they will, especially with how much skin shows and the nature of the character. Bruce Lees have been statues, so far T-800 is the only articulated figure, and in terms of character, I'd say Rocky is more like Bruce tha Terminator, he dorsn't have accessories needin posability, a nice statue pose will work. Rambo 3 is going to be big as far as this line goes, te accessories suggest a fully articulated figure but the T-800 body is ugly for showing the body, so if Rambo 3 is posable, does EB have a plan to make the articulation less noticable.

Agreed. A statue would be much more suitable. I hope they give Rocky those "sweat beads" like the ones that were on some of their bruce lee statues,

LeeEnterbay02.jpg

He's going to be a poseable figure like the T-800. They might go with a limited articulation body to show detail of the character instead of putting bulky joints. We'll see.

It'd be nice if Enterbay cleared up what their HD line means going forward. They should seperate the 1/4 figures from statues in 2 different lines.

I don't think that's an unreasonable or petty request. This stuff is expensive and planning and budgeting are a part of the hobby. Help us out here a little... :D

Was the T-800 a shift in attitude and does it mean that everything 1/4 will be articulated moving forward? ...or will the choice of statue or figure be random and/or dependant on if the character appears shirtless??

Back