Enterbay 1/4 Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky IV, Rocky V, Rocky Balboa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still hope HT make new Rocky and Rambo. What the hell was the point of that poll at all?

Well, for one, not sure that particular poll was official HT, but also, Rambo is established, they can release him any time and he'll sell as well no matter, there's no prime time to do it. As other will voice, HT's overextending themselves a bit of late, lots of announcements without products to back them up.

I can see Stallone stuff in the future, but randomly peppered in between releases of hotter properties, maybe something around the release of Expendables 2.

As for Rocky, maybe Enterbay will have luck with a 1/4 scale line because it could cater to the PF/statue collector, but as a whole, Rocky seems unmarketable compared to other Stallone licenses. The poll is a crude measure but the best we have, Rocky is 1/3 as popular as Rambo for collectibles and half as popular as Judge Dredd and Cobra. I really think Rocky is one of those characters, tons of people love, but when it comes down to spending big money on collectibles, he's found a little boring. I even agree with that. I love Rocky, absolutely one of my most favorite movie characters of all time, my inspriation, but, at the prices of this stuff, I'm pretty set in what I'll get, Rocky in the flag shorts from 3/4 or Rocky 6. Those are the looks that hold the sort of value I need to want a collectible of that look on my shelf. I have no attachment to his look in Rocky 1 so I'd admire those figures but they wouldn't be worth space and money for me to own. He doesn't have weapons, he doesn't have detailed outfits, he's about the simplest figure anyone could put out, but he'd still cost $150 at least from HT and that's a lot of cash with everything else for sale out there.

Agreed Sean. At first it seemed justified based on "business practice" but this has become a school yard competition to impress miss fancy pants.

When the T-800 from EB came out and got lots of hype, I had hopes that HT might be prompted to put out a BD T2 or hell, a biker T1, but with the recent Mark I re-release, I fear now that HT would probably find some way to do biker T2 v2 so there could be direct comparison to the EB figure rather than loose comparison that a BD would have to a clean biker figure. It seemed like they would mix things up a little bit with the Prison Break stuff but now it's like tit for tat, the EB T-800 comes with the same accessories even as the HT but for the grey shirt.

Well, for one, not sure that particular poll was official HT, but also, Rambo is established, they can release him any time and he'll sell as well no matter, there's no prime time to do it. As other will voice, HT's overextending themselves a bit of late, lots of announcements without products to back them up.

I can see Stallone stuff in the future, but randomly peppered in between releases of hotter properties, maybe something around the release of Expendables 2.

As for Rocky, maybe Enterbay will have luck with a 1/4 scale line because it could cater to the PF/statue collector, but as a whole, Rocky seems unmarketable compared to other Stallone licenses. The poll is a crude measure but the best we have, Rocky is 1/3 as popular as Rambo for collectibles and half as popular as Judge Dredd and Cobra. I really think Rocky is one of those characters, tons of people love, but when it comes down to spending big money on collectibles, he's found a little boring.I even agree with that. I love Rocky, absolutely one of my most favorite movie characters of all time, my inspriation, but, at the prices of this stuff, I'm pretty set in what I'll get, Rocky in the flag shorts from 3/4 or Rocky 6. Those are the looks that hold the sort of value I need to want a collectible of that look on my shelf. I have no attachment to his look in Rocky 1 so I'd admire those figures but they wouldn't be worth space and money for me to own. He doesn't have weapons, he doesn't have detailed outfits, he's about the simplest figure anyone could put out, but he'd still cost $150 at least from HT and that's a lot of cash with everything else for sale out there.

Its not thats its "unmarketable", I just don't think Rocky has had that many great collectibles. The HT figures are WAY outdated. And HCG's statues are garbage. And the Jakks figures were just alright.

Its not thats its "unmarketable", I just don't think Rocky has had that many great collectibles. The HT figures are WAY outdated. And HCG's statues are garbage. And the Jakks figures were just alright.

The HT figures are outdated now, sure, but for their time, they were pretty amazing except for Drago who was a bit over-sized.

I'd be curious to see if quality could make much of a difference, but I'm just not sure the character can offer enough of what people are after in figures. How many people post around here interested in figures because the costuming or something like that is just stunning and unbelievable, there's just not much room with Rocky to capture that, you really have to have a deep love for the character I think.

You got the one for 2600$?I was talking to Ms.Schomberg about that one too.I have the one for 500$ in 20" which is good enough for me.If one was offered in 30" and up in bronze for 3k i would totally get it.But in 20" i simply don't think it's worth it.

Ya I got that one. Actually, I bought two of them. My Dad's a Rocky nut also so I got one for his Birthday which is coming up.

I prefer the bronze version, plus it comes numbered and singed by Schomberg with COA.

Chris

I Think EB should do only one iconic presentation of Rocky from Rocky 3 or 4 in 1/4.And make the rest in 1/6.

Ya I got that one. Actually, I bought two of them. My Dad's a Rocky nut also so I got one for his Birthday which is coming up.

I prefer the bronze version, plus it comes numbered and singed by Schomberg with COA.

Chris

When you get it,i would love to see some in hand pics of it.I haven't seen any around except some poor shots from Schomberg himself using a flash,didn't get much out of those pics.

When you get it,i would love to see some in hand pics of it.I haven't seen any around except some poor shots from Schomberg himself using a flash,didn't get much out of those pics.

Ya I havent been able to find any good pictures of it ether. Im planning to do a video review on it when I get them along with the rest of the collection.

Chris

I dont get it. How can they go full steam ahead in 1/4 scale? I really dont see anyone beating down the doors for this scale. I like that theyre trying something new, but from the collector persepective its just to big. Now a 1/6 Rocky 2?? hell yes!

Wrong. The EB T-800 is selling like hot cakes and this Rocky will probably do the same. Within a year, that T-800 will be hard to get a hold of unless you pay mucho dinero. Hopefully Rocky is not the type with big ugly joints though.

The HT figures are outdated now, sure, but for their time, they were pretty amazing except for Drago who was a bit over-sized.

I'd be curious to see if quality could make much of a difference, but I'm just not sure the character can offer enough of what people are after in figures. How many people post around here interested in figures because the costuming or something like that is just stunning and unbelievable, there's just not much room with Rocky to capture that, you really have to have a deep love for the character I think.

HT headsculpts were okay, but they both seemed off. And even back then I wasn't all that impressed lol.

But also how many outstanding Rocky headsculpts have there been? Not very many. Headsculpts are always the selling point on any figure if you ask me, no one wants a figure that "sort-of" looks like who it's supposed to be.

I really would like to get a good 1:1 bust of Rocky with his face all busted up and real cloth hoodie.

I've see a couple customs, but they looked off still.

Chris

HT headsculpts were okay, but they both seemed off. And even back then I wasn't all that impressed lol.

At their time, I thought they were great headsculpts, the Rocky especially, after Rambo 2 and the First Blood, i thought they really finally nailed Stallone.

Headsculpts are always the selling point on any figure if you ask me, no one wants a figure that "sort-of" looks like who it's supposed to be.

Agreed, I think this detail is what's hurt the HCG statues, but again, at their time, HT's Rocky figures were some of the best portraits you could get, Sideshow's stuff was ok, pretty much the same level. Sculpts weren't that great when 1/6 first started to take off, Rambo 3 was one of the first figures after Yulli joined Hot Toys and the likeness and realism stepped up, and now people have grown more demanding for a certain quality to be acceptable, but a Rocky in yesterday's quality is equivalent to one of today's as far as relative to demand. People didn't demand much more than what the old figures were at the time because they had no reason to think anyone would give them better, same as today, and probably 5 years from now, Rocky figures done today will seem dated.

A lot of people worshipped ugly looking figures back then. That's all there was at the time.

The game is different now. We have wax museum quality sculpts in 1/6 format now. It's exciting to collect stuff.

From the awesome T-800, Scarface to Che Guevara sculpts........ I cannot wait for 1/4 Sly Stallone. _____ just got real!

I can tell you this much, if you see the slew of releases coming on as DX, expect a DX Rocky release soon in the next couple of years As

1. Most artists drafted in, their handmade customs had been used to make future figures eg. Kojun with his Jack Sparrow a figure he made long before he worked with HT, same thing with Arnie Kim, both his Smiling Bruce Lee and his Indy were made much before he came to work with HT.

2. Arnie hasnt been announced as sculptor in any recent projects and we know a few years back he made this:
gud2js_20080924214730_7850583_1.jpg

gud2js_20120126203425_5864317_12.jpg

gud2js_20120126203425_5864317_13.jpg

I agree with Maulfan that Rocky is more an iconic/popular film than collectible line. Same thing with Indiana Jones for whatever reason. Rocky had some Minimates that were awesome, but they just didn't sell. Rocky 3 prototypes got shown off, but never produced, and it still infuriates me to this day, because I surely wanted a Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

Something about the characters just looking a bit hum-drum on the shelves I guess, in relation to your exotic aliens and superheroes and whatnot. But, I don't think you can take the poll results to count for much. No way Cobra collectibles are more popular than Rocky. Some of that is due to folks just wanting "high end" collectibles from a license they've never had before. And even more importantly, as I posted at the time, I think the Rocky/Rambo vote got split since collectors of one are collectors of the other in general, and those folks are gonna go for Rambo over Rocky for the most part. I would bet the house that Rocky collectibles would outsell collectibles from any Stallone-related franchise apart from Rambo, be it Expendables, Judge Dredd, Over the Top, Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot, or even Copland :D

I agree with Maulfan that Rocky is more an iconic/popular film than collectible line. Same thing with Indiana Jones for whatever reason. Rocky had some Minimates that were awesome, but they just didn't sell. Rocky 3 prototypes got shown off, but never produced, and it still infuriates me to this day, because I surely wanted a Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

Something about the characters just looking a bit hum-drum on the shelves I guess, in relation to your exotic aliens and superheroes and whatnot. But, I don't think you can take the poll results to count for much. No way Cobra collectibles are more popular than Rocky. Some of that is due to folks just wanting "high end" collectibles from a license they've never had before. And even more importantly, as I posted at the time, I think the Rocky/Rambo vote got split since collectors of one are collectors of the other in general, and those folks are gonna go for Rambo over Rocky for the most part. I would bet the house that Rocky collectibles would outsell collectibles from any Stallone-related franchise apart from Rambo, be it Expendables, Judge Dredd, Over the Top, Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot, or even Copland :D

I agree with everything you said, I just don't understand how anyone would think that Judge Dredd and Cobra would out sell anything Rocky. If I had to pick a third Stallone movie to make a figure from I would go with Gage Walker from the film Cliffhanger, collectors want a lot of accessories and that fig would come with a lot of stuff.

The hum-drum thing, what do you expect? it's a boxer, you pose it in boxing positions. Even if it was just a basic Rocky in his street black leather jacket and hat, that would be fantastic on the my shelf. For me it's such an iconic character, I don't need many or any accessories to be happy with a Rocky collectible.

I have to disagree with you on the minimates, out of all the Rocky collectibles made from 2006 to the present these are the least interesting, I bought them but when series three was discontinued, it was like, who cares, it's not like anyone had great expectations for them to continue, now if the HT 89 Batmobile gets discontinued, that's a whole different story, you guys would riot.

I have to disagree with you on the minimates, out of all the Rocky collectibles made from 2006 to the present these are the least interesting, I bought them but when series three was discontinued, it was like, who cares, it's not like anyone had great expectations for them to continue, now if the HT 89 Batmobile gets discontinued, that's a whole different story, you guys would riot.
4746f144583a870d.jpg

I care.

Minimates > Jakks Pacific or whatever they were. Look no further than the fact that Minimates have found their niche and still thrive as a collectible toy line, while so many others have fallen by the wayside. You may not understand it, but others do. . .and we number in the hundreds. Fear us.

And honestly, I wouldn't care if the '89 Batmobile was canceled at all :monkey3

Back