El Roranous' Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love both your Yoda's!
And i agree about the Canadian diet, I went from 160p to 195p over only a few months, me and Yoda have been dining like swine!

Really nice pics Rory! And a lot of great pieces, funny how much we collectors buy and then get rid off over time :lol

Really nice pics Rory! And a lot of great pieces, funny how much we collectors buy and then get rid off over time :lol

How do you guys do it??? It's so hard to get rid of stuff because i find everything has sentimental value. I just dont have it in my heart to do it:peace

IMG_1275-1.jpg

Awesome!!!!!!

:banana

I know what you mean man! :lol

How do you guys do it??? It's so hard to get rid of stuff because i find everything has sentimental value. I just dont have it in my heart to do it:peace

Well... I view a collection as if it were somewhat alive. Never stagnant. What I try to do is rotate pieces in and out on a pretty regular bases to keep things fresh. What usually ends up happening is that some items just don't stand the test of time and my interest in them fades a bit. These collectibles I usually try and sell to fund my future preorders. When I am boxing them up and shipping them out I always feel a slight pinch of regret and the feeling that perhaps I am making a mistake. Those feelings pass however and usually once something is gone you rarely miss it. The weird thing to me is that I usually miss the things that I really didn't think I was going to miss. For example- I completely regretted selling my Fantastic 4 Exclusive Diorama. Why? I think because of my emotional connection to it as you said. It was one of my first pieces and I remember everything about it. The smell, the feel of it, the paint. Needless to say I bought it back and that one is a keeper.

So I guess in the end your collection is what it needs to be. You'll find out which pieces are staying and which ones will eventually leave. I think my collection really represents my personality. Right now I have it at a point where it's very small and contained. I think having only a few items on display really emphasizes the greatness and the artistry involved in these items.

I think I have just rambled. :lol

I have more pictures coming soon. I recently moved and am trying to get my displays together. I have about four detolfs total now and they are positioned around the house. No clutter- NONE!

My goal is to have a movie room one day and just have like 4 or 5 pieces but this is definitely a future plan. Need to purchase a house first. :lol

I love both your Yoda's!
And i agree about the Canadian diet, I went from 160p to 195p over only a few months, me and Yoda have been dining like swine!

Yeah that was kind of an inside joke meant for DarthNeil. :lol He actually purchased my 1:1 Yoda bust and I used the money to obtain the Gentle Giant 1:1 Full Yoda statue. That is why i said he came back bigger than ever. :lol :rock

Coincidentally, I would have assumed a Canadian diet would make you thinner. I have heard that even the pop up there is way less sweet than it is here in the states. Would one of you Canadians mind sending me a case? :lol

Rory has Sean (Maulfan) had any influence on you lately? Cuz your pics are AWESOME! :google

:lol:lol He's a great photographer but no. Most of these pics are pretty old. I am going through my Photobucket account and laying it all out on the table for you guys! :rock

I am about to take some outside pics of the Predator 1 Diorama. I think those are going to turn out even better than anything I have ever done.... stay tuned. :rock

Alright... this was a dangerous photo shoot. :lol Not only is this forest infested with snakes I also had to deal with a huge spider crawling on the sheet that I used. :lol

I wanted to get this dio closer to the little brook in the forest but I was having a tough time getting deeper today. Sorry. I know. It would have been tits to have some water flowing behind this piece. Maybe some other time.

7e714f5f.jpg

46053e27.jpg

9e64e175.jpg

ce9e2979.jpg

1452fbd8.jpg

c671e908.jpg

70569abb.jpg

Back