Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw you customs thread. I don't know how I missed it. You are very, very good. I'll probably have you paint my Joker now. That way I'll be getting different Joker heads painted by different Artists - You, Josh, and Les. It will be great to expand my customizer's collection. I'll have to find something for Mikey to paint now.

Thank you Buttmunch :). I'll be sure to make these sculpts POP with realism.
One quick clarification on the paint apps as well, When paying through paypal, feel free to indicate which type of paint you would like on the Joker.
Whether or not you'd like him with the Clean makeup-or with some Runs on the makeup or with Lots of Runs on the makeup. Or you could send me a pic of how you'd exactly want him and its done.
Paypal Address for me is [email protected]
sorry for not providing that for you Chris, I'm psyched about the two versions man :)

I have to keep checking this thread more often. Could I change my order to the two versions of the Joker painted. I will probably have enough sculpts of Bale with the two versions coming from hot toys.

Yeah, it's evolving more quickly than I had expected! Everything should be set in stone now. Check out my first post in this thread. I've changed it to reflect how things stand now.

Please, everyone check where you are on the lists to make sure I have your orders right!! Just let me know if anything needs to change.

Thanks!

One quick clarification on the paint apps as well, When paying through paypal, feel free to indicate which type of paint you would like on the Joker.
Whether or not you'd like him with the Clean makeup-or with some Runs on the makeup or with Lots of Runs on the makeup. Or you could send me a pic of how you'd exactly want him and its done.
sorry for not providing that for you Chris, I'm psyched about the two versions man :)

I figured that was the right address, just wanted to make sure!

Is it OK if we can wait to see the sculpts before we pay? Just in case we don't like one (or more)? I don't see that happening though. But with the HT ones coming and SDCC next week, money it tight at the moment.

Sure, I understand! If I could get all payments right before casting it would REALLY help me keep everything straight.

These head casts will fit most HT and/or Dragon bodies, correct?

And I hope you don't mind that I echo Buttmunch's post that if we could see the sculpts before making a commitment, it would really help in the decision making process.

Thanks.

Alright, cool! I will definately send pics. I'll have to see how the sculpts turn out first. Depending on the sculpt, one look might look better than another. I'm pretty sure I'd want a clean and messy though, just not sure which for which yet.

And I hope you don't mind that I echo Buttmunch's post that if we could see the sculpts before making a commitment, it would really help in the decision making process.

Thanks.

Sorry for a third post in a row, but I know I'd like mine to be able to fit on a Hot Toy's neck. Bascially I plan on having ALL of my Joker heads be interchangable with the Hot Toy's one. More fun that way :D

Thanks.

I'll be providing these with a long "raw" neck so they can be modified for any 1/6 body.

I can put you on the list as tentative if you like until I have some photos to show and you can make a final decision. I certainly won't begrudge anyone who decides not to purchase after seeing the photos of the sculpts, but I hope to convince you they are worth your hard earned cash! :D

It might make you feel a little more confident I'll do a good job if you take a look at my website, https://www.chowes.com. I've been a professional toy designer and sculptor for 20 years. I've worked on everything from Jurassic Park to Star Wars, Star Trek to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Now I'm getting into the custom world. I promise I will put forth my maximum effort to create the best head sculpts I can! I'm particularly excited about these sculpts and I want everyone to be absolutely satisfied with the results.

Your work is indeed amazing! That RDJ was great too. If the HT Iron Man wasn't already comming with one, I would have bought one from you. But I just can't get enough Joker heads, so I'm pretty sure you are safe there :D

Any idea when we start seeing your progress? Don't be afraid to show works-in-progress either. We aren't afraid of correcting errors :D

Chris, can't wait to see how these turn out as the Stark head was great as are the items on your site.

Please put me down for the whole set of three (3) ... one Bales and one each of the Jokers. The trailers for the movie can be found at https://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/ and you can get some feel for the jailhouse, the battle in the street, etc. There aslo the scene where he breaks in on the party for Dent, where he confronts Rachel with a tongue lick. And it you click on "More Options", you can watch these in high definition and get some very clear images. The second and third trailers will show some good details.

I can't wait to see what these look like. Put me down for the set of three ... and I'll be having them painted, too.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Chris, can't wait to see how these turn out as the Stark head was great as are the items on your site.

Please put me down for the whole set of three (3) ... one Bales and one each of the Jokers. The trailers for the movie can be found at https://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/ and you can get some feel for the jailhouse, the battle in the street, etc. There aslo the scene where he breaks in on the party for Dent, where he confronts Rachel with a tongue lick. And it you click on "More Options", you can watch these in high definition and get some very clear images. The second and third trailers will show some good details.

I can't wait to see what these look like. Put me down for the set of three ... and I'll be having them painted, too.

Cheers!

Will do! Thanks for the kind compliment. My philosophy is to approach every job as though it's the most important project I've ever done and my clients won't be satisfied with anything but the best. Keeps me from stagnating. Plus I'm aware I can always do better.

So, that's how I will approach these heads.

I downloaded the HD trailers as you suggested. They look really good on my wife, Kim's, shiny new Mac (she just bought this for her work, she's an extraordinarily talented graphic designer. I'm trying to figure out how to bring her into this custom world) Alas,my poor old computer is too slow to show the HD video very smoothly, but it has served me valiantly for 10 years. Time to upgrade to an Intel Mac for me soon. Anyway, lot's of good details. Boy that tongue flick is disturbing.

People have sent a lot of hi-res photos too. I'll try to wade through them and post some I intend to use as base reference.

WARNING!! WARNING!! SHAMELESS PLUG!!​

BTW, if anyone does need a fantastic graphic designer, check out Kim Howes on iFreelance.com.

Kim's Portfolio

Someday, I'm actually going to hire her to create a beautiful website for me rather than the boring design I have right now.... maybe I can get her to give me a discount rate! :lol

Put me down for a Heath Ledger Joker please. :D

Please post pics as soon as you can though. Any estimated date on these? Can we upgrade to a set later after pics?

This thread has A TON of reference pics if you need them. Just get past the set picks and there are lots of nice Hi Res pics of both Joker and Bale.

https://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=269430

Chris,

You'll definitely want to spend some quality time looking at the images on the site Buttmunch recommended. I just saw a bunch of really good/creepy/different Joker images. I saw more toward page 7 and up, but I've only gotten through page 10 of 20 (as of now) and there's plenty of great references here.

Here's my favorite 'freaky/evil' shot so far:
EvilJoker.jpg

Keith

Last edited:
Chris,

You'll definitely want to spend some quality time looking at the images on the site Buttmunch recommended. I just saw a bunch of really good/creepy/different Joker images. I saw more toward page 7 and up, but I've only gotten through page 10 of 20 (as of now) and there's plenty of great references here.

Here's my favorite 'freaky/evil' shot so far:
EvilJoker.jpg

Keith
wow I checked some of those out, very cool...here's a little lick one :D
https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/darthvader1025/Darkknight6.jpg

Great one of the scar on the right side https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/darthvader1025/Darkknight29.jpg

It might make you feel a little more confident I'll do a good job if you take a look at my website, https://www.chowes.com. I've been a professional toy designer and sculptor for 20 years. I've worked on everything from Jurassic Park to Star Wars, Star Trek to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Oh, I hope I didn't imply that I have doubts about your abilities. I have seen your work and have high praises for them. I guess the reason why I would prefer seeing first before committing is so I can see what difference your versions would have vs. those of Hot Toys (which I have already pre-ordered). I mean if they were near identical in characteristics or expression, then I'd probably abstain. But if it's a totally different look altogether, then I'm on board.

I hope that makes sense.

And again, in no way did I mean to question your abilities whatsoever :)

Oh, I hope I didn't imply that I have doubts about your abilities. I have seen your work and have high praises for them. I guess the reason why I would prefer seeing first before committing is so I can see what difference your versions would have vs. those of Hot Toys (which I have already pre-ordered). I mean if they were near identical in characteristics or expression, then I'd probably abstain. But if it's a totally different look altogether, then I'm on board.

I hope that makes sense.

And again, in no way did I mean to question your abilities whatsoever :)

No, don't worry, I didn't take it that way. Just wanted to reassure everyone I'll do my best and try to bring something special to these sculpts to make them stand out and worthwhile.

I don't want to make run of the mill heads. What would be the point? It's been done.

I'm new to the custom scene but not so new to the toy and giftware worlds. Since many people haven't heard of me yet I figured you presented a good opportunity to introduce myself. Hope to build a bit of a reputation with these sculpts.

And don't ever worry about offending me. Be brutally honest, I have a very thick skin. You have to after dealing with abusive product managers for as many years as I have. I just laugh it off! :lol:rotfl:lol

Seriously, I want to know what you like and don't like about what I'm doing. I listen and consider all constructive criticism. I don't like to pull the sensitive artist BS...

Pmed you back. Put me down as tentative for a stern Joker painted :banana

Now I need to figure out how I want him painted. Does anyone know how they want the Joker painted yet? Part of me wants somewhat clean but part of me wants it to be running like in the jail scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back