1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

I'd still like to see Darren sculpt this head into an AOTC version of Kenobi... A little time, a little love, and a little sculpty for a sweet mullet

Initial photo for reference:

img9380600ro4.jpg

I'd still like to see Darren sculpt this head into an AOTC version of Kenobi... A little time, a little love, and a little sculpty for a sweet mullet

I'm not sure.... I was going to try it at first... but it would be much more than just adding the mullet to the back. You'd have to completely resculpt the hair... dremel the hair off his face/forehead. Cut off the beard/tache... and resculpt his upper lip, chin and jaw.... and then go with the details of the shorter hair and the the shape of his (much) shorter beard hair

a lot of work...... interesting project, and could probably be done. If I had more time.... but unless it was a specific commission for someone I'd never be able to fit it in at the moment....

...sorry, lol

Mid-progress repaint

img9403600er5.jpg

img9407600pk2.jpg

img9415600rb9.jpg

img9424800op8.jpg

Here is some better lighting, without shadows. Hair, beard, and eyes still need to be reworked.

img9431600oe0.jpg

Last edited:

Not bad Justin, nice choice of color on the beard. You may want to try fading his beard a bit from his cheek bones into his jawline. One of the reasons Ewan's beard color is hard to distinguish in ROTS is that often you'll notice it quite thin looking around his cheek bones and fading into darker, that combined with the face his cheeks had a trim beard grown and his mustache and goatee were fuller to reflect a Guiness look but have a very blonde shade to them, makes for some interesting visuals to try and capture.

Thanks MaulFan. Yeah, I have a lot more to do. The main goal is decrease the overall bushiness and rejuvenate his face. Quite a bit of hair is sculpted high on the beard, so it was difficult to fade properly on my first try. I have already sanded off some hair on his eyebrows, but I'm not sure if I want to try that on the beard. I also need some smaller brushes with stiffer brush hairs to maximize the precision and detail.

Thanks Sachiel and Pixletwin. Compared to the outdoors, I can't believe how bad my indoor lighting is. I think I'll take my photos outside from now on to get a better representation of what they look like.

Thanks MaulFan. Yeah, I have a lot more to do. The main goal is decrease the overall bushiness and rejuvenate his face. Quite a bit of hair is sculpted high on the beard, so it was difficult to fade properly on my first try. I have already sanded off some hair on his eyebrows, but I'm not sure if I want to try that on the beard. I also need some smaller brushes with stiffer brush hairs to maximize the precision and detail.

Looking really nice Justin, and it's certainly coming along. :rock

Word of advice on the fading method.... Mix a bit of Burnt Sienna with water and use that to fade some areas in the beard and in the grooves of the sculpt, you can then blend with other shades of skin tone (watered down as well) and get a nice multi-layered tone that will add much realism to the head. Same with the hair, water down the color and do a little bit of blend work at the hairlines and beardlines... it's very rewarding in the end, you just have to keep practicing at it.

I can't wait to see the finished work! Keep it up bro, things can only get better from here. :duff

Hey guys, I'm looking for a profile shot of Ewan as Obi-wan ROTS. I can see the front, but I need a side shot. Anyone have one? Thanks!!!

that's the same site i used for a lot of reference pics when I was resculpting and painting this. A good site.

I managed to buy some cheap LED click lights last weekend, and my shelves next to me were getting awfully cluttered with resin heads and paint brushes and the like.... and I really wanted a proper display area for my custom figures (and some props) so I moved a bunch of books around (this is behind where i sit)

and went from this......

fx2.jpg

to this........ (much better!)

collection1.jpg

collection3.jpg

collection2.jpg

I've got to get some of those lights! They're awesome!!! Great setup Darren!

Back