1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Yeah, it's all a trick of the angles and the paint apps. The main difference between the proto and the finished product is the loss of detail in a few areas.

Well, that and the paint job.

While mine doesn't look like the SDCC one it does look like the TF one.

Yeah, it's all a trick of the angles and the paint apps. The main difference between the proto and the finished product is the loss of detail in a few areas.

Well, that and the paint job.

That and this paint job, Bro! To me, the ultimate Obi.

One of the most amazing, magical blend of colors and texture Josh did with this early brilliant work of his. One which Rocked this and other Boards like OSW. This was always an extraordinary sculpt and a super figure, but I had problems with the factory paints apps too, so I asked Josh to repaint it, along with my impossibly difficult notes.

And he did this, the hair and beard literally change colors in different light because it has over 5 different layers of colors...

Simply astounding... ah, let's take a short trip down memory lane, shall we?

149709827O563620084.jpg

149687585O930831309.jpg

Late afternoon...

DSC018523.jpg

Sunset... same pose a few minutes later...

ObiSunset.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for that Paul, I'm always happy to see that repaint again. Really was one of my best Obi attempts. Always will be a favorite of mine. :D

Man, I'd almost forgotten how kickass that repaint was... I think that repaint really set the tone for a lot of great work, and gave others a benchmark.

That is simply amazing. A stellar job! You know looking at your pictures reminded me of something. I was thinking the other day that as great as Sideshow Star Wars figures are. They have been occasionally bashed about bad paint, heads to big , etc, we know it all. One thing that never seems to get criticized or really given the credit it deserves are the accessories.

The boots, belts, guns , light sabers, Mynocks, droid heads, have all been IMHO outstanding. The Obi-Wan, Anakin and Qui-Gon boots just make the figures that much better. I think I read somewhere that these are produced for Sideshow by an outside company.

Before anyone even gets going, I know, holy necroposter, blah blah blah.

I've been thinking recently about going back to some of my older figures and taking new photos of them, as my style's changed and camera improved since my early days, but I pretty much just take shots of new stuff and the older gets forgotten. With the release of Cody, I've been thinking alot about the Obi-Wan figure and thought he'd be a good choice to start with.

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

Wow...here's a flashback, eh?

But it's cool to be reminded of an older figure that still looks good.
Nice shots, Sean...

I still love this figure. Same goes for the episode 2 Obi!

Now the EII Kenobi is a different story! They hit that one out of the park, despite it being on the older buck body. Fabric for the tunics was way better and he sculpt was great.

Sculpt's good on the Episode 3 Obi-Wan, the paint's really what hurts it, especially the beard being painted like it was full on the sides, which it wasnt.

Now the EII Kenobi is a different story! They hit that one out of the park, despite it being on the older buck body. Fabric for the tunics was way better and he sculpt was great.
Agreed. We just need Ep1 obi now, I desperatly want that figure.

Sculpt's good on the Episode 3 Obi-Wan, the paint's really what hurts it, especially the beard being painted like it was full on the sides, which it wasnt.

Yes, you are very right about that. Andy's sculpt was great, but the paint really did kill it. The detail that was lost due to the thick applications was a real shame. I really dislike the costume just as much as the paint though, and that is what really kills this figure for me. If had some extra EII clothing to replace the outer tunic and tabbards it would probably make a major difference.

I dunno I think the clothing is alright on him!

The paint definitely is lacking on the figure though!

Clothing's ok, but the color especially is better on the Episode 2 figure, it's almost ivory on the Ep3 but it has the more tan look of Ep3 on the Ep2 figure. The fabric itself is a little nicer too, but of the two things, I'd care more for the accurrate color.

Back