1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Here is pics of my obi and my bros out of box obi. still working on the tailbards 2 look right they are longer now but are 2 tight on chest.

thanks 4 the complements guys :)
oh and here is my luke who i put on a hot toys body ages ago cause the crouch was p*ssin me off

What's great about the HT bodies is that they don't padding. No more messy cotton balls!:monkey1

Good comp shot Pete...and your Luke looks good too...

My Summer Outdoor photo fest continues with Obi-Wan...

605411140_22c4447378.jpg
605410912_0953a7fbe0.jpg

605411018_966bb4d411_b.jpg

After Maul, Kenobi is still one of my favorite Sideshow figures to date. Considering the debate raging over in the LOTR thread regarding Faramir's disappointing paint apps (for many who've received him and posted pictures), I wanted to have another close look at a figure who generated plenty of "needs a repaint" buzz upon his arrival...

Getting Kenobi out in the late afternoon light and capturing different angles shows just how well-done these figures can be. Yes, there have been plenty of repaints of amazing quality posted throughout this thread, but the original still looks great to me...

605410848_acf2406202.jpg

I can't wait to see "Old Ben" later this year!

Nice shots as always JB. Obi's beard and hair shades may not have lived up to the proto or expectations of many, but I still say it was all painted beautifully, in my mind, the best human of the line.

I agree he may have had issues for some but 2 me outside of Maul this is the next best figure. I love Obi-Wan as a character and the big brother/mentor role he has during the entire Saga.

jlcmsu said:
I agree he may have had issues for some but 2 me outside of Maul this is the next best figure. I love Obi-Wan as a character and the big brother/mentor role he has during the entire Saga.

I absolutely agree with you on the rankings.

For me, the Kenobi issue was the paper-thin cloth used for the tunic, which had a torn seam straight out of the box. But the likeness and paint apps were the best on any of the human SSC SW figures so far.

But Maul still kicks ass as the reigning champion of the 1/6 line :rock :rock :rock

Have any of you guys that used water treatment on your Obi-Wans had any problems with the cloak staining the tunic and tabbards? I'm wanna display mine with the cloak on fo a bit, but I'm cautious about possible stains.

Obi-wan was the only one that the cloak was in great shape out of the box. All of the others I ordered looked like they were crumbled into a ball before they shipped it out. One of my favorite pieces.

I know this is mostly Anakins... but there's an Obi in there too so I figured what the hell.... :lol

3and1.jpg

Xander said:
Have any of you guys that used water treatment on your Obi-Wans had any problems with the cloak staining the tunic and tabbards? I'm wanna display mine with the cloak on fo a bit, but I'm cautious about possible stains.

Yeah, water treat everything separately. Take the robe and belt off Kenobi before wetting the tunic. As for the cloak, I personally took it off and fully water treated it independent of the figure. Then I put it back on (once dry of course), and did very light spot treatments where necessary.

Awesome repaint sunohc. My Obi-Wan's leather belt is way to big. I am going to need to add holes about 3/8 of an inch up the belt to get it stop falling down to his ankles.

Back