1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here we go! First pictures of the box...

Obiarrivesforpost.jpg

Obiarrivesforpost1.jpg

The ones you want to follow soon... :D

Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

ToyBoxer said:
Come on, what the hell is taking so long for pics dude. :D

Patience young Jedi, Wor-Gar is doing a lot of work for us. :D

Box looks great, outfit and blaster too...

ToyBoxer said:
Come on, what the hell is taking so long for pics dude. :D

:lol

I know, I know. I did this quick, varied lighting. OK, here:

Obifirstout1.jpg

Obifirstout2.jpg

Obifirstout3.jpg

The 2 close-ups are with moderate sunlight. Now, if you'll let me focus on some better shots...

:D

Pretty sweet! I mean he looks like he got some big brows goin on but better pics than SS's.

THANKS WOR-GAR!

The head sculpt is definitely great as expected... the paint apps on the face, tones, etc also look very good...

Last edited:

:lol

Did you get off your hands yet. :confused:

Actually, it doesn't look that bad. There seems like you can see more detail, like in the eyebrows have better detail then the Production pics. Looks at least 20% better than the production pics.

He looks good but the grey does look to be a tad thick in the beard.

Wor-Gar said:

"Mommy, i just pooped myself."

Ok seriously, Wor-Gar... how'd you get so lucky? This would be the best friday ever if mine arrived today.

Awesome Wor-Gar (tho you obviosly haven't futz'd with him yet;) )!

Hair and beard definitely too dark a brown color, there is no doubt... painted medium brown with some "honey-colored" highlights not light brown/dirty blonde with reddish texturing...

I really wish his hair and beard were painted more representative of how Obi appeared in the film but the figure itself looks to be great, just inconsistent paint apps again...

Eyebrows are overpainted again but not NEARLY as bad as Anakin, still some "worming" --

bottom line for me, looks like a drybrushing of the hair and some eyebrow work and he will be really great.

Last edited:

Wor-Gar...you are a god.

I think he looks great...much better than the SS prod pics were showing.

Thanks for the ease of mind WOr-Gar...now, go futz! :)

OK, just a quick mini-review about the major concerns then I'll shut up and take more shots:

As always -- its better in hand.

Tunic: not white! Its the right color! The rest of the wardrobe (boots, robe, etc) is all very good as expected.

The head: the hair is much lighter than the SS prod pics. Not blonde -- but it is a more mustard color. Don't freak on 'mustard'. The hair as you can see is darker than the SDCC prototype but has nice texture. The beard also has a lighter 'mustard' shade brushed over the darker underneath. Mine has some 'splatter' on the ear and side of neck.

The face paint actually has some warmth to it -- more like Luke than Han -- but its still a bit thick and hides some of the wrinkles. The eyes are great and so are the eybrows...phew!

The one thing I don't like is the gray highlights on the moustache and temples. Against his coloring, it looks blue and isn't blended to look real. This is the one thing that makes it look like a doll...and the one thing people will end up complaining about when they receive theirs. This will be Obi's "lipstick" error.

Beyond that one small error -- I do like this figure. Its much better than Anakin, so I hope that alone alleviates some concerns. There will be those that still want to drybrush his hair lighter. I can see that; a bit lighter might be better, but this is far from the disaster people were fearing.

Again, these are my initial gut reactions.

Back