Sideshow: Darth Malgus Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Huh.

Q: Is it possible you could find it in your hearts to create an alarming amount of expanded universe Sith PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE! Specifically for the 12-inch Line most of all I would like to see Old Republic lords like Nihilus, Revan, Malak, Bane, Sion, etc. Not sure if you already have plans for any of these, or if you are ever going to make them but I’d love to know! Thanks!

A: Yes, truly and duly noted. It’s only a matter of time before we dive into the rich EU Sith stuff. We’re one foot in already, actually, if you count Darth Malgus. Oh, he’s AWESOME.

So....we can expect this guy?

SithLordDarthMalgus.jpg

star-wars-the-old-republic-malgus.jpg

UnidentifiedSithLord-TOR.jpg

Re: Sideshow: Darth Malgus Figure

Who's Darth Malgus? He looks like Darth Vader without the cool outfit. Is he from Knights of the Old Republic?

He looks bad ass. I know nothing of the character but I'd buy it for how cool it looks.

Who? Why? Ughhh...

Is there a Darth Elvis too? What about a Darth Barack? Why not a Darth Ewok while we're at it.

He's the leader of the Sith in Bioware's upcoming MMO, The Old Republic, which takes place a few centuries after the KOTOR games.

Thats what we get instead of Snowtroopers and Hoth Rebels or Chewbacca huh?
Prequels and EU probably sell just as well as the classic stuff nowadays. But I do wish we would get Snowtroopers, Tie Fighter Pilots, Scout Troopers, etc. at some point, as that is really all I'm interested in in terms of Star Wars troops.

I have no doubts EU and PT stuff sells as well. We'll get those troopers and I'll buy them when they come out but I don't mind stuff like this. Especially when its pretty damn cool looking.

would love to see Sideshow tackle this...or maybe he'll pop up in the collaboration with Hot Toys..

Either way...would look amazing...

Just get Trev to sculpt it tho...please Sideshow?

Trev is better used for item where getting the likeness right actually matters.

Done to promote The Old Republic. Not complaining, he's very cool, but I think we still need a Revan.

Hmm....the statue I seen of him at NYCC looked cool enough, so definitely won't be buying this. I have no interest in the game whatsoever and his design looks too much like a poor man's Darth Vader to warrant any impulse buy.

This was brought up over two weeks ago in the next 1/6th figure thread when that Q & A was posted...just sayin'...

Sometimes when LFL says hey do this at this time you got do what they ask.

TOR is going to be in heavy promotion... it makes sense to offer this figure while attention will be drawn to the new franchise.

business 101.

Cool design. I'd buy that figure but it's a shame that other non-EU characters are passed over for ones like this.

Back