Mando's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure anyone has, except maybe 'Nam. He was pretty excited by the concept when it was just an idea. :lol Very anxious to see what you guys do with them. There's definitely improvements to be made over the original design.

:monkey3 "Whah, whatevah do ya mean, sugah?" :lol

Thanks, Ski!! :D

Took a revised team shot, though not everyone is actually in it.

teamshot.jpg

This shot is beyond fantastic!!

The Weasle helmet is still a go at some point, just not sure when. It still needs some work, a few details, as it's pretty bland atm. Always tinkering with the idea of doing other helmets and lately I've really been in the mood for BBQ.

I'm personally going with more of a Fighter Pilot vibe to him. The all blue outfit seems like jumpsuit or flightsuit to me. Would be kinda dorky with a blue sweater and blue pants :lol

Fighter pilot could be cool. I'd love to see a play the versatility of the helmet.

:monkey3 "Whah, whatevah do ya mean, sugah?" :lol

Today, the part of Nam will be played by...Rogue? :dunno :D

This shot is beyond fantastic!!

Thanks, bro!

Couple Star Wars ones. Both have been done for a while now I just never get around to shooting some things. Since I only collect SW offerings from Empire now (kinda) I really wanted to redo SSC's Han. The head is kitbashed using the face from Indy and the SSC Han hair.

esb16han.jpg

There's still a couple things I want to swap out, particularly the black belt for a more accurate one and I'm thinking T1000 boots.

Hasbro IG-88 repaint. One of their best offerings and a very detailed sculpt, not to mention tall!

ig881.jpg

ig88.jpg

blown out but this shows the detail better.

IG881.jpg

GI Joe Barbeque wip. Head is retooled from a dud Steel Brigade cast. Still some work to be done on it obviously but he's gonna be cool.
army.gif

BBQwip2.jpg

BBQwip3.jpg

More of Barbecue. Head is almost finished as is the chest tank. Started working on the axe today.

BBQwip4.jpg

Stripped and repainted the goldies as well. Damn gold paint was to gloppy had to thin out the layers. Much happier with them now. Trying to knock those out by the end of the week so I can focus on the next batch of silvers and then the sky's the limit!
icon6.gif

Mando,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ESB Han! Is everything else standard SS on a narrow shoulder true-type? Also, did you sculpt and paint the head? It's awesome!

Mando,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ESB Han! Is everything else standard SS on a narrow shoulder true-type? Also, did you sculpt and paint the head? It's awesome!

Thanks, Bmarz!
The outfit on Solo is entirely stock on a narrow TT, could probably benefit from using a longer neck though. As for the head it's kitbashed using the Indiana Jones facesculpt and the hair from the Bespin Han. The seams are filled in and then the whole thing got a repaint.

No major update just a wip of sculpt I'm working on:

ghostfacewip.jpg

Gonna work on the eyes some more tomorrow. Once the mask is done I'll go about smoothing over the rest of the head.

Thanks guys. :duff I really need to finish Fett now though. Once ESB is somewhat taken care of I'm moving toward my next fave ilm: Raiders!

The first finished Steel Brigade v2 (aka "Goldy") helmet:

goldywip.jpg

goldywip1.jpg

goldywip2.jpg

The tally marks were suggested to me by a friend when I was doing the the first run. Similar to soldiers in Vietnam putting marks and things on their helmets.

I really like the tally marks. Is that how you're numbing them? If not, I still really like that. I was thinking about that on the first run too actually, but I didn't want to mess with your great paintjob by adding them.

:rock

I really like the tally marks. Is that how you're numbing them? If not, I still really like that. I was thinking about that on the first run too actually, but I didn't want to mess with your great paintjob by adding them.

:rock

I hope not, there is only 5 of us (including Mando) One of us would just have 1 tally mark.:lol

Awesome work Mando. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Glad you dig, guys!
I will be numbering the four but on the lower back of the neck. Right now they are all sitting pretty at five kills. :)

Potential helmetsculpt idea: :devil

'91 Cobra Desert Scorpion
desertscorpion.jpg

The backpack is typical 90's Joe malarky but the gun and suit wouldn't be too hard to bash. Then the sculpt could be modded into a Snow Serpent helmet/facemask. :naughty

Back