Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have at least 80 lbs+ on some of the shelves (attakus statues are super heavy!), not worried at all, those are thick wood shelves, they can be safely loaded up well above the 50 lbs stated. Also if it does hit the limit it wont crack instantly like glasses, you will see the fractures appear in time.

Only thing is make sure you use ALL 6 shelf brackets on the 2 sides to evenly distribute the weight, those things look kinda flimsy, basically just a screw as the weight bearer. I replaced them with 5mm metal pins from amazon below, little tougher to install as you have to twist it into place but much stronger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SV1U7G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

You're not getting any bowing on these shelves with $80 lbs on them?

I have a quick question for Gagaliya and well anyone that is using the Pax actually.

I just purchased one of these myself and I got it from the discount section of Ikea. It was pre-built and had 6 glass shelves in it already.

So my first question is around why people tend to recommend the timber shelve from the glass when the Ikea website says they hold the same weight?

Also having moved from a Besta I find the lighting from the LED Komplement lighting to be a lot warmer. Are there different versions that offer the cooler "white" light effect? How do you find your lights?

Thank you very much for all your posts on this, love the Pax setup and appreciate the inspiration :)

I have a quick question for Gagaliya and well anyone that is using the Pax actually.

I just purchased one of these myself and I got it from the discount section of Ikea. It was pre-built and had 6 glass shelves in it already.

So my first question is around why people tend to recommend the timber shelve from the glass when the Ikea website says they hold the same weight?

Also having moved from a Besta I find the lighting from the LED Komplement lighting to be a lot warmer. Are there different versions that offer the cooler "white" light effect? How do you find your lights?

Thank you very much for all your posts on this, love the Pax setup and appreciate the inspiration :)

Personally, I used wood shelves over glass because if something happened like part of a statue falling off, if it caused a tiny crack it could cause the rest of the shelf to crack. If that happened the statues would fall down to the next shelf, you get what I'm saying...domino effect. I like the look of the glass though. You'd be able to see the bottoms of the bases. But It's not worth the risk to me to use glass shelves.

I like the warm light of the Komplement, and the fact that they fit the shelf length exactly. For whiter light there's the Inreda, but they won't look as clean because of all the wires.

100% credit to gagaliya for my display. Thank you sir.

I will be adding the doors with acrylic panels soon. Ikea will be selling they Lyngdal style door frames for $275 in black, white, and aluminum starting in April.

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

I will be adding the doors with acrylic panels soon. Ikea will be selling they Lyngdal style door frames for $275 in black, white, and aluminum starting in April.

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats bro that room shows how classy and slick these things can be displayed. I can only hope to have a room along those lines sometime in the future. Congrats again.

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

That looks fantastic mate, what colour doors are you thinking of adding?

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

Very nice setup! Looks very classy.
I always used to use the birch or white color for my shelves but this darker wood is really neat looking.

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

wow, that looks beautiful. I might need to pass on the next few PF's and invest in something like that.

Congrats bro that room shows how classy and slick these things can be displayed. I can only hope to have a room along those lines sometime in the future. Congrats again.

Thanks Arctic Beast!

That looks fantastic mate, what colour doors are you thinking of adding?

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the black frame doors...and thanks for the complement!

Very classy Patriot....do you have a collection thread with more pics?

I'll be starting one soon. I just starting learning how to take decent pictures, so I'd like to have a thread to update. Thanks man!

Very nice setup! Looks very classy.
I always used to use the birch or white color for my shelves but this darker wood is really neat looking.

Like I said...my display is 100% gagaliya's idea. I followed his instructions, and he talked me into the medium brown color.

wow, that looks beautiful. I might need to pass on the next few PF's and invest in something like that.

Thank you. I decided on the medium brown Pax and my Ikea said they were sold out, discontinued. :gah: Then they said the Ikea that's about a half hour away had their remaining stock marked down to $40 a piece... :yess: I borrowed my neighbor's minivan the next day and bought eight of these beasts. I figure now I have enough for the rest of my life. I just can't believe how affordable these were at $155 per unit (Pax+shelves+Lights)...it's really unbelievable!

Again...gagaliya...if you read this...thank you!

Great set up Patriot. I took the wife and kids to the Bolingbrook IKEA today and was able to see the PAX with my own eyes today for the 1st time. Man, these things are huge and very classy looking. They look fantastic and are a perfect fit for Sideshow pieces. Congrats on picking up so many of them. You should be set for a long while.

Back