Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100% credit to gagaliya for my display. Thank you sir.

I will be adding the doors with acrylic panels soon. Ikea will be selling they Lyngdal style door frames for $275 in black, white, and aluminum starting in April.

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

I gotta come around this thread more often. Did you have to get a permit to build that mancave? LOD bust looks great! :horror

I gotta come around this thread more often. Did you have to get a permit to build that mancave? LOD bust looks great! :horror

:lol LOL Frank. I suppose it is my mancave. I did my best to make it attractive so my wife could live with it. I guess I've succeeded because she likes it! :wink1:

What size are those Pax you have there Patriot. Are they the 200 x 58 x 236 cm ones. Just trying to get an idea. I'm going to buy my 1st Pax next weekend. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I'll be able to fit into it.

Thanks Patriot. Yeah that is the one I'm looking to get. I need to get 2 50cm, 19" wide ones to go either side for storage & then eventually get another one but which isn't as high & less depth to go on another wall.

:lol LOL Frank. I suppose it is my mancave. I did my best to make it attractive so my wife could live with it. I guess I've succeeded because she likes it! :wink1:

Lucky!

Must be the LOD bust because, well you know!

[ame]https://youtu.be/CsnEIjgqW7A[/ame]

Those PAX units sure look nice. I'd love to get one, but unfortunately I don't have the height in my basement man cave.

I have a white besta unit with 4 glass tombo doors. I rigged up some lighting in each cube, and I think it looks pretty good. Hey, it's not a custom made oak cabinet, but it will do. Fits nicely with the rest of my display room. I also have a bunch of expedit units (the ones with 4 cubes) to hold all of my graphic novels and assorted books...most statues fit nicely on top of those, too.

Those PAX units sure look nice. I'd love to get one, but unfortunately I don't have the height in my basement man cave.

I have a white besta unit with 4 glass tombo doors. I rigged up some lighting in each cube, and I think it looks pretty good. Hey, it's not a custom made oak cabinet, but it will do. Fits nicely with the rest of my display room. I also have a bunch of expedit units (the ones with 4 cubes) to hold all of my graphic novels and assorted books...most statues fit nicely on top of those, too.

Don't worry bro I have no display case cause I have no room. My stuff will most likely sit in there boxes till we move to a bigger house. That's why I'm not buying much these days. Hopefully one day I'll have the space for a nice display.

Anyone see the new sliding door frames for sale online on their US site? I don't see them anywhere still.

I will be adding the doors with acrylic panels soon. Ikea will be selling they Lyngdal style door frames for $275 in black, white, and aluminum starting in April.

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

just saw this, amazing work patriot! very clean install, looks super classy.

if there is no dust in your basement, you dont even need the doors. :)

just saw this, amazing work patriot! very clean install, looks super classy.

if there is no dust in your basement, you dont even need the doors. :)

Thank you! This is not my basement, but the formal dining room area of the single level ranch house. There is some dust, but not much. I'm still going to install the doors to protect from dust, and so I can use the bottom shelves without little hands messing with the statues. :wink1:

I'll be taking a trip to Ikea soon to see if the new door frames are in. I'll need to install the doors soon because with what I have coming in soon, I'll need the bottom shelves.

Don't worry bro I have no display case cause I have no room. My stuff will most likely sit in there boxes till we move to a bigger house. That's why I'm not buying much these days. Hopefully one day I'll have the space for a nice display.

they do make shorter version PAX also. that's what I had to use in my basement.

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

:clap:clap

That looks great Patriot. Nice and clean.

DSCN1677_zpsf5b0e793.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey Patriot, dont think i've come across your display...not only do i love a clean set up like yours but the lighting gives the whole room presence. The brick wall is fantastic. Give yourself a pat on the back as that is one of the best displays i've seen in a while :clap

Thank you spidermonkery, optimus, and Roberto for your compliments! It means a lot to me. Having just moved less than a year ago I have only been able to show my display to a couple of people. It's nice to be able to share it with my fellow Freaks. :1-1:

I've had so many pieces coming in recently though...this pic is already outdated! :panic: After I install the doors I'll consider these cabinets finished. I might have to move the shelfs to fit the Doom LSF if I get it...or build one more these cabinets.

Back