Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn im looking for the white shelf can't seem to find
Any color at all, except glass anyone have the same issues ?

I'm having the same issue. The Ikea website comes up with an "OOPS" screen, saying they can't find the item...? WTF? :gah:

I'm having the same issue. The Ikea website comes up with an "OOPS" screen, saying they can't find the item...? WTF? :gah:

Yeah I got that too then I was able to find the komplement
Grey glass shelf but that's all. WTF damn I wasted all
This time ikea is 5 min away from me I said I'll go
After the holidays and pick up the pax & shelfs
Now this bull crap. I don't get it they have the pax
Wardrobe I need but no effing shelfs to go with it.
:gah:

I was able able to find the shelves a week ago. Maybe it's a glitch in the Ikea Matrix? I hope so, because I'm waiting on my tax return, then I'm building my Pax display case.

Yeah I checked about 2 oh 3 weeks ago it was thier not sure
About the doors but everything else was in stock.
I hope you right and its NEO oh Agent Smith messing around
In IKEA System lol cause I need my pax. If not is my fault for procrastinating
Not going to ikea 2 months ago.

17:59 Thank you for chatting with IKEA today, how may I help you?
17:00 I'm looking for the white 39" Pax shelf, the web page doesn't come up? Does Ikea still sell it?
18:00 We do apologize for any difficulties with the website. One moment
18:01 These are still sold by IKEA. However, these are not featured on our website. Not all items are featured online so to view our full range we would recommend visiting one of our store locations.

17:59 Thank you for chatting with IKEA today, how may I help you?
17:00 I'm looking for the white 39" Pax shelf, the web page doesn't come up? Does Ikea still sell it?
18:00 We do apologize for any difficulties with the website. One moment
18:01 These are still sold by IKEA. However, these are not featured on our website. Not all items are featured online so to view our full range we would recommend visiting one of our store locations.

Hmmm doesn't make any sense the grey glass 39" pax shelf show up
Online but the rest won't ? Damn I hope that's the case I'm going to ikea
This week no doubt.

Just went to ikea yesterday etobicoke they had the shelf instock. They only had 3 of the 100x35. The pax didnt fit my suv and the weather was crap yesterday. Going by there Tuesday with the truck. Right now clearing 1 unit. Need to clean out another unit but ran out space as you can see

20130217_165511_zps26dea667.jpg

Glad to say I went to ikea last week & picked up those pax
With the shelfs it wasn't any fun either 95" boxes with 125lbs

20130207_162452.jpg

Great! Congrats
Waiting on your pics
Could you save the receipt and show us the number of items so we can order them more easily?
Much appreciate it :peace

Glad to say I went to ikea last week & picked up those pax
With the shelfs it wasn't any fun either 95" boxes with 125lbs

20130207_162452.jpg

How many Pax is this? Do those boxes make up a 78" x 93" Pax?

I went to Ikea to buy my white Pax today. After debating for weeks on what color to get, and with the medium brown sold out, I had decided on white. I asked while I was there if any stores had the medium brown frames in stock. Turns out another Ikea about 1/2 hour drive away not only has them but they are on sale for $40! :panic: I'm going tomorrow to buy 4, maybe 6. :yess: I don't have a need for 6 right now, but I'll be set for the future.

I also found out that in the near future the new model sliding door that is replacing the Lyngdal will be in stock. It will be sold as door frame and glass panels separate. Perfect if you're ordering custom acrylic. They will also come in aluminum, birch, and black! Price for door frame without panels will be $275...steep but better than our current options. Really cool, she even showed me pics. I might go with the black door frame, will decide once they come in to stock.

So I left Ikea with 8 36" Komplement LED's today. The fact that they are beige (thought they were white or silver) weighed heavily on my decision to go with the medium brown...as well as Gagaliya's pics and advise.

I also found out that in the near future the new model sliding door that is replacing the Lyngdal will be in stock. It will be sold as door frame and glass panels separate. Perfect if you're ordering custom acrylic. They will also come in aluminum, birch, and black! Price for door frame without panels will be $275...steep but better than our current options. Really cool, she even showed me pics. I might go with the black door frame, will decide once they come in to stock.

So I left Ikea with 8 36" Komplement LED's today. The fact that they are beige (thought they were white or silver) weighed heavily on my decision to go with the medium brown...as well as Gagaliya's pics and advise.

wow that will be a godsend and more $ savings to be able to order sliding door frame and glass separately(not order the glass). It was such a waste of money and energy for me - those blurred glasses are super heavy and i have them just under the storage unit collecting dust right now.

any photos of the new sliding door? dont see it on ikea.com yet. Per the discussion so far, they suppose to offer a bigger viewing area, and can be ordered without glass panels. Sounds great! :)

ps krueger187, you are nuts trying to lug that thing home yourself lol i paid the $90 delivery fee and had them drop it in my living room floor.

I hope they offer dimensions of the separate glass panels to fit the new door frames on their site for either multi-pane display or a single glass panel. Hell even offer a clear glass alternative to save us some trouble having to order acrylic from a 3rd party vendor.

wow that will be a godsend and more $ savings to be able to order sliding door frame and glass separately(not order the glass). It was such a waste of money and energy for me - those blurred glasses are super heavy and i have them just under the storage unit collecting dust right now.

any photos of the new sliding door? dont see it on ikea.com yet. Per the discussion so far, they suppose to offer a bigger viewing area, and can be ordered without glass panels. Sounds great! :)

ps krueger187, you are nuts trying to lug that thing home yourself lol i paid the $90 delivery fee and had them drop it in my living room floor.

Must be nice living near an ikea. I had to attend an all day meeting in Cinci then go to ikea, load them on a cart, load them in my truck and tie them down, drive them two hours south and then unload them in my basement. No fun at all.

I'm going for the big 78x92 unit but still undecided how many shelfs I want I like the 35x100. Just I should have picked up a second set just in case they dont get any more.

I'm big besta guy but after seeing the shelfs of a pax.... holy smokes! At that length i can fit angel into a unit now

Birch and brown very nice but are always the first to get discontinued, learn that with my first besta unit.

Great news I wonder when they'll start selling the frames, I was gonna make my own frames but I'll wait now 350 was to steep for just a frame set

I searched for pics but couldn't find any. The girl at Ikea showed me pics on their computer. I had her pull up the black frame. It looked identical to the Lyngdal, with the thick outer border. I wish I could have mine delivered but the medium brown aren't available online. The fact that this color is already discontinued does concern me because I won't be able to buy different sizes in the future, but they are half price...

Must be nice living near an ikea. I had to attend an all day meeting in Cinci then go to ikea, load them on a cart, load them in my truck and tie them down, drive them two hours south and then unload them in my basement. No fun at all.

Yeah those things are gigantic at 90"+ length. I dont live near an ikea(maybe 1hr drive without traffic), but they offer flat ~$90 delivery for as many items as you want, at least in NJ. And those guys were pro, scheduled the date and delivered all the way up into my living room where i want it.

I thought it's standard delivery service across all states, hmm..

I searched for pics but couldn't find any. The girl at Ikea showed me pics on their computer. I had her pull up the black frame. It looked identical to the Lyngdal, with the thick outer border. I wish I could have mine delivered but the medium brown aren't available online. The fact that this color is already discontinued does concern me because I won't be able to buy different sizes in the future, but they are half price...

as long as the sliding door frame is the same, it wont look too bad if you mix match later on. As you know i had all the colors mixed up, but with same frame installed and statue filled in, it's not noticeable at all. So i wouldnt be too worried about it, if you can pick and choose, go with medium brown. birch would be my second choice.

Just got back from Ikea. I bought 8 medium brown PAX, that should last me a long time. I won't be able to set up that many as I am renting right now and I don't want to have to move a bunch of them after they have been assembled..but once I buy a house I'll have a room full of these things. :yess: Whenever Ikea gets the door frames in I plan on buying 4 pairs so they all match and they don't discontinue them before I've bought them all. Then lastly I'll get the acrylic panels, but those I'll be able to get at anytime. I plan on building a pair tomorrow.

Do I have to wait for the doors to install the Komplement lights? Or can I go ahead and install them and install the doors later?

Great! Congrats
Waiting on your pics
Could you save the receipt and show us the number of items so we can order them more easily?
Much appreciate it :peace

The set up is coming along loving the extra space with these
Pax wish I knew about them before I had all my bestas.
To be honest that could confuse people depending on the
Color and size your looking for its going to be slight differrence.
But its easy really especially if you not adding doors which I'm not.
I bought three 93" hight and 39" width and 22 7/8 in diameter
Put 2 together gives you the 93 and 78 width pax and im goin to
Put the other next to my besta by itself.

Yeah I'm lucky my ikea only 5 to 10 minutes away.
Again thanks to gag for recommending these pax
Oh and I only did the self service at ikea. I gladly paid the
$59 flat rate to have it delivered 3 floors to my house.
Here's a work in progress have one more pax to set up next
To the other pax excuse the mess and bad pic :)

20130216_023301.jpg

Back