Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My photography is sorely lacking in skills. But I thought I'd post a couple of quickie shots before I stash him away.

LOL

this has become a Takara Batman Photo Post.....

You see Hot Toys, now you see what happens when you make stiff capes and poor ankles, we whip out our 2 year old Takara's to show you how a Batman figure really should be done!

Yay Takara!

Competition sure is a good thing, ain't that so....

Suck it up HT, here's my Takara in your face and up your nose with a rubber hose (and outfit)...

Ohh, and thanks for those Keaton Batman Photos and Info...Awesome stuff indeed!

This is the hot toys thread how about some hot toys pics?

nhtbp1.jpg

htbatsky.jpg

You guys can love your tak thats fine, but its not for me, and personally i don't see the point in even comparing it because its just not a competetive figure to me, the only things it has are the harness setup, sturdier (but uglier) ankles and a cape that drapes better (by being thinner than a tissue). Its a great toy but its not an amazing piece of artwork like the hot toys is, which actually captures the character from the film, and not a stylized version of it, I mean if i wanted a poseable batman figure and didn't look like batman in the movie i'd buy the SIC figure.

I plan on revisiting this one soon, but I'm so anxious for the TDK figure to finally ship to me I almost forget I own this one at the moment haha.

nhtbp1.jpg

htbatsky.jpg

You guys can love your tak thats fine, but its not for me, and personally i don't see the point in even comparing it because its just not a competetive figure to me, the only things it has are the harness setup, sturdier (but uglier) ankles and a cape that drapes better (by being thinner than a tissue). Its a great toy but its not an amazing piece of artwork like the hot toys is, which actually captures the character from the film, and not a stylized version of it, I mean if i wanted a poseable batman figure and didn't look like batman in the movie i'd buy the SIC figure.

It's all good, just having some fun.

I agree. the HT is movie accurate and the Takara is a tad off but when that Takara came out, it was known as the king of the BB head and cowl sculpt and it trounced the HT BB figure in that dept. HT's BB Batman looked like pinocchio / 8======D

HT had a few years to improve on their sculpting and suit design and they took advantage of that and did so very successfully I might add.

I also don't discount the stories I hear from some HT Batman OC owners who claim they don't have problems with his ankles but to me they're the minority.

You guys can love your tak thats fine, but its not for me, and personally i don't see the point in even comparing it because its just not a competetive figure to me, the only things it has are the harness setup, sturdier (but uglier) ankles and a cape that drapes better (by being thinner than a tissue).

So it's ok for you to have an opinion on it but not me...

Its a great toy but its not an amazing piece of artwork like the hot toys is, which actually captures the character from the film, and not a stylized version of it, I mean if i wanted a poseable batman figure and didn't look like batman in the movie i'd buy the SIC figure.

I didn't know it was a crime to discuss, isn't this called a forum, where people can compare things?

God forbid should I give constructive criticism that some 2 years old collectable has better things going for it, and besides if you had read I spoke of Hot Toys many times and as well as I posted one of my pics of it.

You make it sound as if I'm pro Takara considering I own both. I'm only stating how both has its good and bad, but I guess that it is wrong for me to do so!

Personally, I'm enjoying all the Tak photos. I got rid of one a few months ago because I thought HT would be definitive, but now I see the point in owning both, and have just bought it again. HT is wonderful - the parts that show Bale, ie the extra head and the mouth are astonishingly lifelike and the Tak can't compare with those. Yet, with HT it's almost too much realism - it's more like a 1/6 scale Premium Format figure. The Tak, besides having a better cape that flows beautifully, is also a better toy. Not, I repeat not a better figure, just a better toy.

Back