Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt about it, the OC is the best batman. I prefer the OC suit than the dark knight. The suit looks more mystic, menacing and dangerous than the new suit, which looks high tech.

Yes, it has a more nostalgic feel to it, as well, not to mention how much more intimidating it looks when compared to the new suit.

htbats1.jpg

htbats3.jpg

htbats4.jpg

htbats5.jpg

htbats6.jpg

htbats7.jpg

htbats8.jpg

htbats9.jpg

htbats10.jpg

htbats11.jpg

I think the batman from HT is cooler then the 1 from Takara but the Takara has got more stuff then the HT i'm gonna get my HT batman soon already have got the joker but nice photo's dude

Oh, Assassins Creed and mid 80's He-Man! That brings back fond memories. Saturday morning cartoons back in 1985-88. :D

quck question regarding the figure
mine just came in today and i love it but
what is that bizarre bulge on his lower abdomen?
when i press down i feel the abs but as you head toward the belt
there's this bump above the belt
is that supposed to be there?

just futz with it a bit, the TT body if you do the "medi-thrust" it comes out having alittle belly.... just push the bottom part back and then push the top part back.

thanks, worked like a charm

yeah, the head came off in the packaging
so i had to push down hard to snap it back on
and when i checked the belly, it had the protrusion
now, it's awesome once again

I just got my second one of these today, managed to buy it before the British pound went tits up. I love this figure. I'm displaying one and keeping the other pristine, although I did take the plastic wrappings off the arms and legs etc. I'm sure it would react with the rubber one day.

Just a few of mine, borrowed my old mans camera to get some detailed pics. It was my first time using this camera (D300) so go easy :D

Batmanfix3.jpg

batmanfixjpg.jpg

batfront.jpg

Is the cape removeable on this figure, and if so, how? I don't want to remove it if it means removing anything that is glued on.

that depends on if the pins are glued into the chest.

some people have broken the pins because they're glued in under-neath, and some(like mine) will come right off with a little force. just be careful...

The pegs plug into a disk, which are glued to the inside of the suit. The disk has a hole in the middle. I used a small screw driver, stuck it into the hole and popped the pegs out that way. Very carefully so not to accidentally scratch the suit when it came out.

I just got mine a week ago. Haven't posed it yet. Got it out of the box just once. Then I put it back together into the box and it looks like it hasn't been opened before... Not going to get the figure out for another week or two. Coz I'd just bought a new belt for it, one from the Dark Knight costume so that it's more movie precise. Hate that batarang holder thingy on the original costume's belt.

BTW, there has been a lot of talk about the neck being too long. You know what, that is the first thing I noticed when I pull it out of the box. To those who don't believe me, here's an easy way to prove it to ya... Get out of your chair and look for a mirror. Take a note how your chin is really close in line with the point in which your neck and shoulder meet. Now go look at your figure, or pics that are posted in this thread and notice how far apart they are. Trust me on this, I'm a 3D artist and was a fine artist before. I know this by heart.

I just got mine a week ago. Haven't posed it yet. Got it out of the box just once. Then I put it back together into the box and it looks like it hasn't been opened before... Not going to get the figure out for another week or two. Coz I'd just bought a new belt for it, one from the Dark Knight costume so that it's more movie precise. Hate that batarang holder thingy on the original costume's belt.

BTW, there has been a lot of talk about the neck being too long. You know what, that is the first thing I noticed when I pull it out of the box. To those who don't believe me, here's an easy way to prove it to ya... Get out of your chair and look for a mirror. Take a note how your chin is really close in line with the point in which your neck and shoulder meet. Now go look at your figure, or pics that are posted in this thread and notice how far apart they are. Trust me on this, I'm a 3D artist and was a fine artist before. I know this by heart.

We had this discussion months ago. It was proven by comp pics that the BB head and neck is actually smaller than the Joker's so I don't buy your argument.

And frankly, I don't ever want to hear about this neck thing again.

I just got my second one of these today, managed to buy it before the British pound went tits up. I love this figure. I'm displaying one and keeping the other pristine, although I did take the plastic wrappings off the arms and legs etc. I'm sure it would react with the rubber one day.

does anyone know for sure if this would happen over time?

you do realize that the Joker used for said comparison is the v1 Joker right? The one with the big head. Anyway, I'm not saying that I'm disappointed or anything. All in all, this is a great Batman figure. Or dare I say, the best? Coz I've seen the statues, toys, and busts of the batman in BB costume and all of them are pale in comparison with this figure. Beside there's a guy in toy-world.com.hk who customized his original costume batman and made the neck look more proportionate.. head to:
https://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9307&extra=page=1
to check it out. And the result actually made the overall figure looks strange.

So the reason I brought the whole neck thing up after so long is because:
a. I'd just joined this forum
b. I'm pretty sure and believe firmly that either the neck is too long or the head sculpt is not wide enough
c. I'm a perfectionist, and furthermore, this is not some cheap 12" figure that we can play or give as a gift to our nephew. This is a primo collectible and to mention something up which is, in our opinion, not quite up to our standards is not a sin. We have the right (I said we, so you and me included) to ask for the best, right? Unless they sell these figures for $20-something then I reserve my right to get the best out of my money.
d. Lastly, I brought it up just to mess with you guys... (jokingly of course)...

To quote someone in this thread... "Why so serious?"

does anyone know for sure if this would happen over time?

I don't know for sure, but I've found that plastic and plastic or plastic and rubber is usually a bad combination with any kind of figure. Last year I opened a couple of vintage Star Wars figures that were in baggies and found that they had acquired the same oily residue that you get on some vintage ROTJ figures; I've also taken some ROTJ figures off the card when the bubble has yellowed and found the same residue. I put this down to the plastic in the figure reacting with the bubble or the baggie.

Regarding Hot Toys, we know from the Predator figures that some of the rubber has reacted in the past, and frankly I don't think the Batman figures were built to last, so removing any plastic from contact with the suit is a good idea. I also read a comment on the Fortress of Testicular Fortitude blog at the bottom of Shaun's superb review about the rubber on the elbow melting, although the person who posted that comment lives in Brunei, so the heat might have had something to do with it.

https://testicular-fortitude.blogspot.com/2008/09/hot-toys-movie-masterpiece-dark-knight.html

Personally, I believe the safest way to store this figure is loose - and if you want to keep the box, do so, but store it loose anyway. I've got no evidence for any of this, but all my experience in figure collecting over many years suggests that plastic and rubber react badly with any other synthetic material - I like cardboard and tissue or paper best, not plastic bags or bubblewrap.

so it would be wise to remove the plastic wrapping from the arms, legs and head. what about instead of loose a piece of cloth was laid under the figures parts and then over the top while it was stored?

I found the perfect suit for an extra Bruce figure!1:6 SATURDAY TOYS MEN'S SUIT SET 01A

I've already bought one. It also comes with a body and a head sculpt of the guy from Prison Break and the opening scene of TDK.

Nosetrigger, those are amazing pictures! I really wish I have ordered one, now.:monkey2

Can anyone confirm that this item can be used with Hot Toys Batman's Bruce Wayne head?

Back