Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is also a better toy. Not, I repeat not a better figure, just a better toy.

Expensive for a toy, especially considering how fragile the rubber suit is if you gave it to a kid to play with. It wont last long.

Could you imagine how many parents would say no to that at those prices. For a toy. Most they would spend is £8 to £10.

I never knew it was a toy, at least where I bought it from it never once mentioned toy. Collectable yes.

I don't see how the Tak is a better toy when the HT fig can do everything it can do...but I do wish I would've kept mine to swap the cape with. :(

Expensive for a toy, especially considering how fragile the rubber suit is if you gave it to a kid to play with. It wont last long.

Could you imagine how many parents would say no to that at those prices. For a toy. Most they would spend is £8 to £10.

I never knew it was a toy, at least where I bought it from it never once mentioned toy. Collectable yes.

It just looks more toylike...like it's stepped out of a parallel universe where figures like that are available in your local supermarket for £17.99. You can't say that about the HT.

But I love both of them.

Earlier picture revised a bit
htbatwh.jpg

Did it have any problems?

I loved the TAK too,but HT`s fig is more accurate,and thats what counts for me.

Did it have any problems?

Only if you went mental with it. Yanking the arms way beyond where it's suppose to go. If you took care of it, there would be no problems.

Or give it to a kid and bash the living daylights out of it.

I'm hoping to swap the cape out on bats from takara to hot toys ( maybe , want to see it in person first ).

Also use parts from the takara bats for a custom Ras Ahl Ghul. :rock
Need a nice Ninja outfit first though.

I love the Tak Bats. Here's my Batman Prepares photo series (need to scroll down a bit) that I did. Been meaning to do a fight sequence photo set when I have time and can borrow the camera from work :blackbat

I think the HT figures are awesome but I cant afford em all so I decided to just stick with the Takara... but if had the money and space I'd be all over the HT figures and vehicles.

Heh, sounds familiar.

it's actually weird to me that the Tak is getting as much positive attention now. i remember when i got the 1st version and stated how much i liked it over the HT and i was kinda jumped by the HT crowd lol. great to see the Tak getting what i've always felt was deserved.

i do wish he had a bit more bulk at the torso tho lol.:D

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=769475&postcount=35 is interesting.

I've probably hurt somebody's feelings now that I've mentioned Takara.

I can't agree with the boot thing, because its the feet that are the worst part of the design, because they are oddly shaped, and not at all accurate to how they look on screen. Having slimmer tapering calves and ankles is one thing but those honkin oddly shaped clodhoppers is a whole other problem.

Arguments can go back and forth based on preference, i just dont see the point in arguing it here in a thread about one figure, not the other or both. HT is all about representation and recreation, tak is all about playability. To me the v2 ht brought in enough playability that it covers both enough for me to make it better, but thats opinion. I'll gladly say that the tak is better than the V1 HT though but doesn't matter with the V2 out now.

Heh, sounds familiar.

Same thing happened when we all got a good look at the (then) new Hot Toys Original Suit BB Batman. The Takara was thrown to the sharks. It happened to the first HT Batman figure (and the Medicom too, I guess). History repeating itself all over again.

Thing is, certain aspects of the Takara still rivals or is even superior to the current HT O.S. Batman (cape, ankles, etc.). That's why it's still getting attention. Great figure.

The Takara ankles are ugly, but at least they're tight and durable, which the current HT BB Batman does not have (according to owners).

Deffinately, its a battle of pros and cons, and the thing is each figure has pros and cons in different areas and they are the opposite ones. Tak has the good cape, poseability, accessories, the ht has the good sculpt, costume and overall look.

Maybe magically mash the two together you'd please everyone but its all about what you want out of it, something that looks good, or something that can be played with.

I love this figure i'm gonna buy it on 23-10-08 it's awesome i already have got the joker and some predator 1/6 figures nice photo's b.t.w

I received mine last week and I still can't stop looking at it! As far as I'm concerned it's as good a representation of the character in 1/6 as it's possible to get . O.K , the ankle articulation is a little loose , but only in SOME positions . Open leg stances with one leg in front of the other are stable enough to support the figure without the need of the stand, whereas stances with the figures feet placed parallel are not . But I'd take the (slightly) loose ankles over stiff plastic boots any day . Basically , anyone who is being overly critical ( for that read anal) of this figure needs to get a life . Or at least , a girlfriend . Awesome figure , simple as that .

I received mine last week and I still can't stop looking at it! As far as I'm concerned it's as good a representation of the character in 1/6 as it's possible to get . O.K , the ankle articulation is a little loose , but only in SOME positions . Open leg stances with one leg in front of the other are stable enough to support the figure without the need of the stand, whereas stances with the figures feet placed parallel are not . But I'd take the (slightly) loose ankles over stiff plastic boots any day . Basically , anyone who is being overly critical ( for that read anal) of this figure needs to get a life . Or at least , a girlfriend . Awesome figure , simple as that .

Us? Overly critical? Anal about an action figure?

Never.

You do get my point though , a few years ago I paid £50 for the D.C.D version for God's sake !:rotfl

Deffinately, its a battle of pros and cons, and the thing is each figure has pros and cons in different areas and they are the opposite ones. Tak has the good cape, poseability, accessories, the ht has the good sculpt, costume and overall look.

Maybe magically mash the two together you'd please everyone but its all about what you want out of it, something that looks good, or something that can be played with.

The thing that irked me the most about the Takara was seeing the neck from behind, it curves way too much. Thats why I had to have the Hot Toys version. Something still wins the original over TDK suit. Maybe its because its slick... and so smooth and mainly because the cowl joins onto the cape.

2734765079_df8138a725.jpg

I also love the way how the light hits the suit and cape. Gun metal type effect against complete black fabric.

2735661084_611277d0f5_b.jpg

Those two pics belong to, shaun wong.

I still love these promo shots.
2615334938_bb673900f9_o.jpg

2615332600_c8ba299b47_o.jpg

2614504977_2c38518565_o.jpg

2615333258_82f4d310f0_o.jpg

The sleekness of the suit in those pics really makes it look menacing and gives that 89 type of feel, but not quite.

That is what I love about the Begins version. The sleekness of the suit and the simple design in the suit. I love the TDK suit mind you but the Begins suit will always hold a special place in the Batman part of my heart lol.

No doubt about it, the OC is the best batman. I prefer the OC suit than the dark knight. The suit looks more mystic, menacing and dangerous than the new suit, which looks high tech.

Back