Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
litratoh0416mw2.jpg

litratoh0420dz2.jpg

litratoh0434lh0.jpg

litratoh0436ov0.jpg

litratoh0428nz9.jpg

hi guys, im new here, but ive been browsing and reading all of your insights (especially the TDK 1/6 collectibles) hope to hear feedbacks from all of you soon, thanx!!!

Last edited:
The only part insightful about it was the "hands" problem cause mine is due on my door step on Tuesday and i always heard about the hands but never knew what exactly was the problem

How fragile are the rubber suits? Do they actually have such limited life? If that's the case, I wonder if it wouldn't be better for Hot Toys to go with some type of black cloth with glue on armor that would not deteriorate over time.

How fragile are the rubber suits? Do they actually have such limited life? If that's the case, I wonder if it wouldn't be better for Hot Toys to go with some type of black cloth with glue on armor that would not deteriorate over time.

They tried that on their previous Batman Begins figure (version 1). Can't speak for durability, but the articulation wasn't great and it wasn't entirely film accurate.

we have seen the hot toys ed from robocop get damaged over time but the rubber on the figure is pulled back tight so that might be the reason.
As far as I' aware no one on this forum has had problems with the rubber deteriorating just because its sat there and time is passing by.
Some people say use a product called armor all. I personally think if you leave the figure in a cool area ( not too cool ) and don't put it in any over the top poses it will be fine.
I still have rubber figures from years ago that haven't been treated well but look perfect to me.

I have always felt the whole paranoia over these figures deteriorating has been over the top.

we have seen the hot toys ed from robocop get damaged over time but the rubber on the figure is pulled back tight so that might be the reason.
As far as I' aware no one on this forum has had problems with the rubber deteriorating just because its sat there and time is passing by.
Some people say use a product called armor all. I personally think if you leave the figure in a cool area ( not too cool ) and don't put it in any over the top poses it will be fine.
I still have rubber figures from years ago that haven't been treated well but look perfect to me.

I have always felt the whole paranoia over these figures deteriorating has been over the top.

Would keeping it in the box be safer than having outside on display on a shelf?

They tried that on their previous Batman Begins figure (version 1). Can't speak for durability, but the articulation wasn't great and it wasn't entirely film accurate.

The first Hot Toys Begins figure had a cloth suit? I thought it was rubber too, just thicker and less posable. . . I've never seen one up close, though.

The first Hot Toys Begins figure had a cloth suit? I thought it was rubber too, just thicker and less posable. . . I've never seen one up close, though.
No it wasn't a cloth suit. Rubber like the second version.

This is a great, Great, GREAT Batsuit. I really don’t know what it’s made of but it’s rubbery while very forgiving without leaving creases. The armor is actually separately molded and sued/glued onto the inner body stocking, which is much like the black parts of the Medicom Stormtrooper.
The 'body stocking' is a thin rubber and the armour is a thick rubber.

You made me pull it out to check. It feels like rubber to me. Very thin and where the seams show, it looks like it's been sewn, which strikes me as odd, but what do I know.

The 'body stocking' is a thin rubber and the armour is a thick rubber.

You made me pull it out to check. It feels like rubber to me. Very thin and where the seams show, it looks like it's been sewn, which strikes me as odd, but what do I know.

It's the DC Direct that is hard plastic over the body stocking, the BB HT Batman was rubbery indeed as you have just mentioned.

You made me pull it out to check. You're right, the DC Direct has a material body stocking, with hard plastic moulded armour glued to it. Well it feels like material. Very thin and where the seams show, it looks like it's been sewn, which I guess is normal, but what do I know.

Doh! I think I mistook the Medicom BB figure for the HT one. I'm pretty sure the Medicom has the fabric undersuit.

I don't even think of the DCD BB figure anymore.

Back