ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ZCULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Accessories for this figure then include:

- maroon t-shirt
- purple Calvin Klein underwear
- hyper-detailed jeans, featuring lined pockets and metal buttons, snaps and rivets
- accurately-scaled "grid" button-down shirt, with buttons
- grey and blue denim jacket with working front pockets, and back pleats;
___featuring accurately patterned cuff linings, and brass button trim
- black suspenders with aluminum hardware
- infamous burnt orange "life-jacket" vest, padded, with aluminum buttons
- custom head-sculpt
- DML body
- DML relaxed hands
- digital calculator watch
- 1984 Nike red swoosh sneakers with real laces, weathered
- Valterra Madrid "Splatter" skateboard with working wheels, trucks
- replica Aiwa Walkman and headphones, showcasing "Van Halen" tape
- re-elect Mayor Goldie Wilson poster
- faithfully reproduced "Enchantment Under the Sea" poster
- 1:6 scale guitar
- wallet-sized photo of Marty, his sister, and his brother (with head cut off!)
- guitar stand
- blue "Save the Clock Tower" flier with Jennifer's message and phone number on back
- white "Save the Clock Tower" flier
- Doc Brown's flux capacitor drawing
- "Tales from Space" comic book, complete with back cover and pages for thickness
- "Fantastic Stories" magazine, with spine and pages for thickness
- Marty's warning letter, pristine, on Lou's Cafe stationery
- Marty's warning letter, old and battered, on Lou's Cafe stationery
- envelope for warning letter, Lou's Cafe stationery
- black figure stand (Kaiser, model #2175)
- certificate of authenticity

I love it, how can I contact this guy? ;)

I love it, how can I contact this guy? ;)

I don't think he's selling that anymore. It's from like 5 years ago or something. Pretty cool custom for the time. We got Rainman working on this now....and it will be EPIC!!

Wish I had more time to keep updated on this. Damn job taking all my time.

What in God's name is this page 2 nonsense!

Get posting, slackers!

ms.jpg

Can I suggest that Rainman make the clothes to fit a Bruce Lee body.

In terms of size it offers a shorter body for Marty and while it is a muscle body, in terms of body bulk it's smaller than a slim ttype.

I think it works really well.

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Seriously!!

Marf-Do you know if those hi res pics made it to Rainman?

I sent Rainman a bunch of ref pics for the outfit/accessories, I think they were pretty comprehensive :rock I think psung is going to send some also!

Can I suggest that Rainman make the clothes to fit a Bruce Lee body.

In terms of size it offers a shorter body for Marty and while it is a muscle body, in terms of body bulk it's smaller than a slim ttype.

I think it works really well.

Rainman will be tailoring the clothing to a slim, as that body makes the most sense (both aesthetically and economically) for Marty. A muscle neck for Marty would look odd, and no joints would be showing so there's really no point in spending the extra dough on it.

I sent Rainman a bunch of ref pics for the outfit/accessories, I think they were pretty comprehensive :rock I think psung is going to send some also!

Rainman will be tailoring the clothing to a slim, as that body makes the most sense (both aesthetically and economically) for Marty. A muscle neck for Marty would look odd, and no joints would be showing so there's really no point in spending the extra dough on it.

:lecture:lecture
I have both bodies and they're both the same height. :dunno
A slim is actually a lot "slimmer" in the torso area. So that would actually make it worse for the layer of clothes. :exactly:

On the topic of bodies, I bought a Sweeney Todd slim body recently in anticipation of creating a Marty custom, and worry that it's gonna be the wrong skin tone for Marty--it is very pale compared to other "Caucasian" TrueTypes, which I guess is appropriate for Todd, but. . .I hope HT re-releases those bodies separately sooner rather than later.

On the topic of bodies, I bought a Sweeney Todd slim body recently in anticipation of creating a Marty custom, and worry that it's gonna be the wrong skin tone for Marty--it is very pale compared to other "Caucasian" TrueTypes, which I guess is appropriate for Todd, but. . .I hope HT re-releases those bodies separately sooner rather than later.

You can always try sending the arms of the body to whichever painter you chose for the sculpt, and have them match the skin tone. I asked VelvetMorning to do that for my Rick Grimes custom and it turned out great!

That's the one I used. I repainted the neck and used different hands. Marty wears so much clothing no one noticed the body was a different color as it was completely covered up.

Yeah, I thought about sending them to get painted, but. . .didn't wanna create extra hassles about that. Might still see if I can do it, though.

That's the one I used. I repainted the neck and used different hands. Marty wears so much clothing no one noticed the body was a different color as it was completely covered up.
That was another thing I thought about. Only part of his forearms would show, but. . .still.

That was another thing I thought about. Only part of his forearms would show, but. . .still.

If the jacket is tailored correctly, none of the forearm should show really, unless you're planning on posing him looking at his watch (works with Erick's sculpt, not so much with Trevor's).

Ah, I googled some screen shots and you are right. I guess the movie poster was biasing me a bit. I probably won't do the watch pose, but. . .you never know.

Dammit, now I'm thinking I should try to just get the hands repainted the same way as the face :lol

Ah, I googled some screen shots and you are right. I guess the movie poster was biasing me a bit. I probably won't do the watch pose, but. . .you never know.

Dammit, now I'm thinking I should try to just get the hands repainted the same way as the face :lol

Put your hand to your face Kara. I'll guarantee you it's not the same color. I wouldn't sweat the skin tone of the forearms and hands.

Back