ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw spoke to rainman yesterday

He has some ideas in the air. He's thinking about making a chest plate for the slim body. He also wants to make the video camera. These are just ideas, not set in stone.

The aiwa tape player with headphones, skateboard, and Nike bruins are still a for sure.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the chest piece. I for one would have no use for it...would be a shame to pay for something I know would go to waste.

I don't think the separate chest piece is really necessary for Marty, considering that you're only gonna see the top part of his neck (which a neck adapter should be fine for IMO, if not just a sculpted neck on the head). Having said that, when HT re-releases the slim TT and he discovers new figure options because of it, he might have more of a use for it down the road.

I'll say this--my preference would probably be to save some money by doing without the chest piece. There's an additional concern that a head has to be modified for use with that chest, as it doesn't simply pop on the way a head does on an HT adapter. If folks want to only use the head that comes with this set, then that would be fine, but I can foresee me changing it out with other Marty heads periodically, and thus preferring a more traditional head adapter as well as a head that is drilled for that purpose (though I think Rainman said his heads should work on TrueTypes, I tried to use the one from my Bill set and it did not).

NO chest piece for me. It limits the options for future modifications. Also it would be completely covered by clothing. So there is no point.

Have to agree with the rest of you. I told Rainman the same thing. Didn't hear back from him though. He's got a lot on his plate right now. Can't wait to see some WIP shots.

I have to agree that a chest piece for this particular character is unnecessary. The video camera however would be great. As I said before, I think the perfect release would be Pine View Mall scene and include the skateboard, camera, etc.

Instead of a chest piece, how about the previous suggestion of 1/6 purple Calvin Klein underwear?

The underwear is a cool idea, but it's just as unnecessary as the chest piece imo. I'd rather keep the cost of the set down :duff

No underwear for me, thanks. I don't plan on posing him that way. . .

ha.
bttfpic4.jpg

Re: ZCULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Five years ago... My God, has it been that long...? Things have certainly changed around here. I remember when this board was all Dragon and Sideshow as far as the eye can see... Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees...

Good luck with the project, fellas... Let me know if there's any interest in the paper replicas... as I haven't seen them mentioned here. I could put a package together of say the following:

- re-elect Mayor Goldie Wilson poster
- faithfully reproduced "Enchantment Under the Sea" poster
- wallet-sized photo of Marty, his sister, and his brother (with head cut off!)
- blue "Save the Clock Tower" flier with Jennifer's message and phone number on back
- white "Save the Clock Tower" flier
- Doc Brown's flux capacitor drawing
- "Tales from Space" comic book, complete with back cover and pages for thickness
- "Fantastic Stories" magazine, with spine and pages for thickness
- Marty's warning letter, pristine, on Lou's Cafe stationery
- Marty's warning letter, old and battered, on Lou's Cafe stationery
- envelope for warning letter, Lou's Cafe stationery

Cheers,
Dan Chung

INTERESTED:
1. MarfMaster
2. Mephisfilms
3. Skiman
4. Karamazov80
5. JediMike71

I would be in, assuming I can get the Marty outfit.

I would be in, assuming I can get the Marty outfit.

The tailor who made the clothes for me has retired, so I won't be able to help you with the outfit, I'm afraid. Plus, it would probably be bad form to say I could on someone else's thread anyway...

I had merely noticed that there was a gap I could fill (paper props)... and wasn't intending on taking any of their "business"... Let me know if you'd still like a set.

Good luck.

The tailor who made the clothes for me has retired, so I won't be able to help you with the outfit, I'm afraid. Plus, it would probably be bad form to say I could on someone else's thread anyway...

I had merely noticed that there was a gap I could fill (paper props)... and wasn't intending on taking any of their "business"... Let me know if you'd still like a set.

Good luck.

Oooo, sorry. I meant I would be in for your accessory set if I can get the clothing set from this project thread.

I didn't mean to step on anyones toes or anything.

Back