Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

So this is a 4 hour movie, right? 240 minutes? Interesting. Per that article there's only 150 minutes of previously unseen footage, meaning Snyder's reusing 90 minutes (1-1/2 hours!) of the 120 minute 2017 release. Given that he's on record saying he'd never use any of the stuff that Whedon filmed, that leaves only 30 minutes of the first film (25%) as attributable to Whedon. So for those revisionists wondering why Snyder is still credited as the director for the first version (despite trying to completely disown it), there's your answer. :lol

Funny, I saw another stat months ago that only 15% of the original release was Snyder's footage.

Funny, I saw another stat months ago that only 15% of the original release was Snyder's footage.

I recall that as well. It's curious because all of the numbers have come directly from Snyder. He's also stated that he's never watched the Whedon cut, but "based on conversations with colleagues/friends" he estimated that only 25% of it is his footage. And yet he also knows that this cut will have 2-1/2 hours of previously unseen footage? How would he know that unless he's watched the Whedon cut?? I call B.S.. There's no way in hell that he hasn't watched every last frame of the 2017 release. :lol

IMO it tracks that a lot of the original release was still Snyder's footage for the simple reason that by the time Whedon was tasked with reworking it there wasn't adequate time to reshoot the entire film. Given that he was tasked with getting it down to 2 hours, it's obvious that Whedon jettisoned a lot of Cyborg's and Flash's background stories, attempted to lighten the tone and changed most of the ending, but I would expect that the basic story outline (Bats and WW identify the threat, recruit the other members, try to keep the mother boxes from Steppenwolf, reanimate Clark and then unite to defeat the big bad) was still mostly what Snyder would have presented, although in his version the final battle might have included Darkseid in some way. What's for sure in my mind is that this Snyder Cut isn't what we would have seen in theaters in 2017 if Snyder never left, as there's no way in hell WB/DC would have approved a 4 hour movie.

Wait is there really 150 minutes of NEW footage?

What's for sure in my mind is that this Snyder Cut isn't what we would have seen in theaters in 2017 if Snyder never left, as there's no way in hell WB/DC would have approved a 4 hour movie.

But wasn't the original plan a two-parter?

It also won't be the same film because Snyder isn't the same man, and he's doubtless had more and different ideas since then.

But wasn't the original plan a two-parter?

It also won't be the same film because Snyder isn't the same man, and he's doubtless had more and different ideas since then.

Yes I believe it was going to be a two-parter, but I'm not sure if any of the stuff he filmed back then was actually intended for a part 2?

As for his being a changed man, he's also on record as saying the reshoots done late last year are only adding 5 to 6 minutes to the run time, so @98% of this is 2017 Zack. :lol

You wanted it. You asked for it.

So is he just making **** up and filming new things?

I thought the whole point of this was giving him a chance to do his Justice League as it was originally intended? Feels like Snyder is just making up things as he goes to tack onto the project. "Oh, that's a COOOL idea, let's throw that in there too! The movie needs that!"

Apparently he’s only filmed about five minutes worth of “new” footage.

We shall see in the coming weeks.

Is that all Joker and Batman footage or did the other actors also filmed new scenes?

Every actor came back except for Cavil. I?m really looking forward to seeing what the original Aquaman and superman were like in third flick.

Snyder implied he was doing multiple cuts. Like a black and white version. I wonder if he?ll do the shorter version he was originally going to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the fact that Superman won’t have a CGI face is a huge win.

Wait is there really 150 minutes of NEW footage?

At minimum.

Many are confusing "new" vs "never before seen". Both are new in my book because I've never ZNJL.

So any articles saying he only shot 5 minutes of new footage basically are only telling half the story, or twisting the story to downplay the importance of this.

Besides that, everyone should be aware that certain executives within WB want ZSJL to fail. It's their reputation and ego on the line. Because if it is a success they will look bad. How's that for an ego. Prepared to torpedo a film and deny many fans what they want so they can survive and continue to make bad decisions for DC (did any of you like Suicide Squad or say Birds of Prey ?). They also have strong paid connections to some media trades which will put out disinformation to suit their liking.

Watch that Robert Meyer Burnett video if you think this is some sort of conspiracy theory of mine.

All I'm saying is don't believe everything you read on this topic. Just wait until it comes out, keep an open mind and judge it on all it's merits when it comes out. And not before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91uul7QcHw

Besides that, everyone should be aware that certain executives within WB want ZSJL to fail. It's their reputation and ego on the line. Because if it is a success they will look bad. How's that for an ego. Prepared to torpedo a film and deny many fans what they want so they can survive and continue to make bad decisions for DC (did any of you like Suicide Squad or say Birds of Prey ?). They also have strong paid connections to some media trades which will put out disinformation to suit their liking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91uul7QcHw

I think most of the executives from Justice League era have left.

The majority of the DCEU is pretty terrible, and Zack helped torpedo it with mediocrity. I want to see the Snyder cut just to see if I can sit through it. BvS was peak Snyder when he had a ton of control over the movie, which the executives realized after the fact was a terrible idea, since BvS arguably is one of the worst comic book movies I have ever seen.

This will be interesting from a movie making/pacing exercise.

I think most of the executives from Justice League era have left.

The majority of the DCEU is pretty terrible, and Zack helped torpedo it with mediocrity. I want to see the Snyder cut just to see if I can sit through it. BvS was peak Snyder when he had a ton of control over the movie, which the executives realized after the fact was a terrible idea, since BvS arguably is one of the worst comic book movies I have ever seen.

This will be interesting from a movie making/pacing exercise.

I assume you are talking about the Ultimate Edition, because if not, you haven't seen the film imo.

Very interested why it is "one of the worst comic book movies you have ever seen".

Just list the points out below in point form, I'm literally very interested to hear.

Well for one it?s a bloated mess . And also lex Luthor is garbage . I doubt Snyder had full control. That movie didn?t feel like a vs movie but more like a preview for justice league. That computer scene with Diana watching all the other heroes on monitors was super forced and laughably bad. No need for that nor doomsday or Wonder Woman. All it needed to be was a vs movie between two iconic heroes and that would have sold.

Bvs felt like studio meddling aswell.

Just to be clear before I post this, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with loving Zack's take on the DC characters, and I would honestly say if you enjoy it, don't listen to the haters and keep enjoying it and look forward to his JL cut.

With that out of the way, I'm sure a thousand angry fat keyboard warriors like myself that didn't liked the movie despite being a huge Batman and Superman fan can be encapsulated by that video essay everyone shared few years back. It's a long 3 episode constructive critique that's at least an hour each, but it was well worth the time to not only discuss the strengths and reasoning behind Synder's take, but also the myriad of crippling flaws that made Mos and BvS crashed and burned.

Movieblob is one of the worst people inflicted upon humanity. I'd honestly rather eat paint or watch Grace Randolph than listen to a marathon review narrated by him in fact I think it has been declared torture under the Geneva Convention.

Look at it....if you close your eyes you can almost hear him getting fatter.

Back