Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jason-bourne-trilogy-stakes-out-blu-ray.jpg

B002NUULO0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

~~The preference of the box is subjective, but IMO the box for the U.S. is just a messy, impractical cube. If you watch the comparison video I posted you'll see what I mean. The video shows the author opening the box and pulling the discs out and states that someone will eventually scratch some discs from the inner box they are stored in.

The US set is very impractical, the paper sleeves will scratch the discs because of how difficult they are to remove. :angelsmil

I got my 400 disk changer set up over the weekend. I currently have just over 200 disks loaded. I haven't decided on that TV season sets to put in for now yet. After loading all the disks, you have to connect it to the internet to pull all the movie info/cover art. That took several hours to do and then some weren't right so I had to go in to manually update some of the info.

Here are a few pics.

p1030811w.jpg

p1030812z.jpg

p1030818.jpg

p1030821x.jpg
That's awesome, congrats man! :rock

Here's a video comparison in case anyone else is thinking about getting BSG on Blu Ray:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWFtYgVq0lc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWFtYgVq0lc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Is this Region free?

^^^^Yes. Its been confirmed on different forums. Amazon says R2, which is wrong because region coding for Blu Rays are letters, not numbers.

~~I would recommend upgrading the firmware on your player before playing these. No one has reported problems with playback, but if for some reason you have some this might be why.

Back in early fall it was $6k. That was right at release though, it may have dropped some by now. I'm pretty well set now til we see what happens with UHD and 3-D tech.

Damn man. I don't think I do do that high end.

Do you have a suggestion for the <$2K budget ?

Damn man. I don't think I do do that high end.

Do you have a suggestion for the <$2K budget ?

I haven't done a lot of research in the price range, and I don't think there's much in the 1080p line. There was one from Sanyo though, but I'm not sure if it turned out all that well. I know BenQ and Epson had some pretty decent models in that price range as well, but I don't think they were 1080p.

I just picked this up as well. I was thinking it would be in 3D and come with glasses. :(

I was hoping the same thing. I'm pretty sure they will re-release it on Blu-ray 3D.

Well, this already comes with a DVD and a Blu-ray and there's no way I'll buy it again just for the 3D affects.

:lol

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Jan. 7 said it would release 3D movies on Blu-ray Disc worldwide for the first time, beginning this summer with the animated release, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

The launch is aimed to coincide with the summer arrival of Sony Electronics’ 3D compatible Bravia LCD televisions and 3D compatible Blu-ray disc players.

“3D entertainment on Blu-ray is poised to revolutionize the home viewing experience in much the same way that high-definition televisions and Blu-ray Disc have over the past several years,” said David Bishop, global president of Sony Picture Home Entertainment. “SPHE is proud to lead the way in providing compelling 3D entertainment to complement the new hardware entering the marketplace.”

:lol

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Jan. 7 said it would release 3D movies on Blu-ray Disc worldwide for the first time, beginning this summer with the animated release, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

The launch is aimed to coincide with the summer arrival of Sony Electronics’ 3D compatible Bravia LCD televisions and 3D compatible Blu-ray disc players.

“3D entertainment on Blu-ray is poised to revolutionize the home viewing experience in much the same way that high-definition televisions and Blu-ray Disc have over the past several years,” said David Bishop, global president of Sony Picture Home Entertainment. “SPHE is proud to lead the way in providing compelling 3D entertainment to complement the new hardware entering the marketplace.”

So in order to watch Blu-ray 3D you have to have a TV (compatible with 3D) and a blu-ray player (compatible with 3D). That is crazy :horror I'll pass.

Back