Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to ask such an obvious NOOOOB question, but what's the best site to get news on upcoming blurays?

I'm psyched cause one of Otomo's anime is finnnnallllllllyyy getting a US release (memories) next year and I wanna find more info!

Thanks dudes!

Was able to sit down and watch the new LOTR.

I don't like the new color grade, it makes everything look so normal.

It really stuck out at me at the beginning of Two Towers, when the Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas are running across the open fields. It no longer looks like a warm, dry climate but something I'd find outside my own window, with green grass and blue skies.

The 'reality' of the colors make the costumes more vibrant and the detail more apparent, but it looks less like a fantasy film and more like a documentary.

Sorry to ask such an obvious NOOOOB question, but what's the best site to get news on upcoming blurays?

I'm psyched cause one of Otomo's anime is finnnnallllllllyyy getting a US release (memories) next year and I wanna find more info!

Thanks dudes!

Easily forum.blu-ray.com.

It was while watching The Hidden in a theater opening weekend when I met the brains behind Cannibal Campout sitting in front of me lol

Really? For some reason I thought CC was older than 1987-1988.

Other than Predator, Lethal Weapon and Planes, Trains I can't remember many good movies in 1987, so The Hidden would have ranked up there. I didn't care for Robocop.

Just got these in from Diabolik.

84tckvy.jpg

Okay jye it's that time. What 80 inch TV do you recommend? Preferably under 2 grand. :)

EDIT: Looks like it's 3 grand but what do you think of the Vizio P85QX-H1.

Last edited:
I have just been hit with my mid life crisis.

I am planning on selling my entire physical media collection only keeping my SW and LOTR discs that is it!

All of my 3D movies, bye bye!

All of my 4K MCU steelbooks with region free euro 3D discs, bye bye!

And when I say selling I mean $15 and below and that includes those packed MCU steelbooks!

Hell many movies will be $4.00 and $2.00!

Rush, JAWS you know where to find me once i?m covid free lol

Just sold about 220 titles off.. I still have a tone but that put a huge dent in the collection.

Okay jye it's that time. What 80 inch TV do you recommend? Preferably under 2 grand. :)

I have the Vizio P65 from two years ago. Great blacks for an LCD. I have some minor issues with mine. But for the price its a great TV.

I thought about going OLED. but even though perfect Blacks are a huge plus, the fact it cant get as bright as the LCDs keeps me away from laying down that sort of money.

Jye do you have the 4K of JAWS and do you have a Vizio TV.. If so I got a question for you.

I had the Quantum X and the picture was drop dead gorgeous BUT I hated HATED the streaming platform so out it went lol

Khev the big new tech for 21 is MiniLED(not MicroLED)

I?m going 85? this year with MiniLED!!!

Just sold about 220 titles off.. I still have a tone but that put a huge dent in the collection.

NICE!!

I ended up keeping 100 movies on disc I purged around 400

I kept SW, MCU, LOTR and my favorite 3D plus a few others

I have the Vizio P65 from two years ago. Great blacks for an LCD. I have some minor issues with mine. But for the price its a great TV.

I thought about going OLED. but even though perfect Blacks are a huge plus, the fact it cant get as bright as the LCDs keeps me away from laying down that sort of money.

Jye do you have the 4K of JAWS and do you have a Vizio TV.. If so I got a question for you.

I had the Vizio QX and JAWS 4K but sold the QX hated the streaming platform

Why what?s up

I had the Vizio QX and JAWS 4K but sold the QX hated the streaming platform

Why what?s up

Ok so I have the P65 from 2018. For the most part it has no issues with Dolby Vision. But a few titles JAWS being one of them it has this weird effect with the some of the blacks.

The scene in the beginning when the kid is chasing Chrissy she is in the water and yells "Come on in the water" and he says "take it easy, take it easy" while on the beach trying to take off his pants and he falls that shot as well as some others that take place at night almost looks like the blacks are a glowing. Its hard to explain but its looks almost like a camera negative or something. It happens a few times in the movie. Always with Darker scenes.. Anytime the drunk kid is lying on the beach you can see it.

It does not do this with HDR10. Almost all my other Dolby Vision discs dont have this issue. Just JAWS and like two others.

If you get a chance can you look and see it this is an issue.

I have a Panasonic 4k player but it did the same thing on my older sony 4k player.

Of course if you dont have the Vizio anymore I dont think you can help me.

but here are some pics anyways. Granted the camera really brings out the effect but its kind of what it looks like. Here he is lying on the beach and the sand dunes in the back look like it also.. Again its not exactly what it looks like but its a weird effect like this

138805183_208540480930421_3259596151651048541_n.jpg

Ok so I have the P65 from 2018. For the most part it has no issues with Dolby Vision. But a few titles JAWS being one of them it has this weird effect with the some of the blacks.

The scene in the beginning when the kid is chasing Chrissy she is in the water and yells "Come on in the water" and he says "take it easy, take it easy" while on the beach trying to take off his pants and he falls that shot as well as some others that take place at night almost looks like the blacks are a glowing. Its hard to explain but its looks almost like a camera negative or something. It happens a few times in the movie. Always with Darker scenes.. Anytime the drunk kid is lying on the beach you can see it.

It does not do this with HDR10. Almost all my other Dolby Vision discs dont have this issue. Just JAWS and like two others.

If you get a chance can you look and see it this is an issue.

I have a Panasonic 4k player but it did the same thing on my older sony 4k player.

Of course if you dont have the Vizio anymore I dont think you can help me.

but here are some pics anyways. Granted the camera really brings out the effect but its kind of what it looks like. Here he is lying on the beach and the sand dunes in the back look like it also.. Again its not exactly what it looks like but its a weird effect like this

View attachment 503764

Could be one of those DV anomalies that come from the dynamic nature of the metadata infrastructure that HDR10 doesn’t utilize

It can even be specific to your player of tv

Make sure your bluray player display settings are not set to some custom algorithm

KISS!

Keep It Simple Spanky!

Man you sold 400 and only have 100 left?

I just sold 200 and still have close to 600 left :lol

Still about a year ago I was easily over 1000

My wife would not like you lol

I had the Quantum X and the picture was drop dead gorgeous BUT I hated HATED the streaming platform so out it went lol

Khev the big new tech for 21 is MiniLED(not MicroLED)

I?m going 85? this year with MiniLED!!!

Are those 8K as well? (Not that it matters since none of our favorite movies are 8K.) Which set are you looking at?

Back