Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be one of those DV anomalies that come from the dynamic nature of the metadata infrastructure that HDR10 doesn’t utilize

It can even be specific to your player of tv

Make sure your bluray player display settings are not set to some custom algorithm

KISS!

Keep It Simple Spanky!

I think I will go with the DV anomalies as I have reset everything back to factory settings and it still did it.

I just find watching most content in HDR10 is easier anyways as the change from DV to HDR10 while there is not substantial enough to deal with some of the issues that DV has given me.

Thanks for the help

My wife would not like you lol

:lol

Dude I got to the point i was hating myself :lol

If I dont count my kids Blu Rays and blue Ray sets that come in just one case then my collection shrinks more to about 400 films.. So not as bad.

Are those 8K as well? (Not that it matters since none of our favorite movies are 8K.) Which set are you looking at?

Not going to lie I am obnoxiously looking at that specific 8K model :slap

I want to do something different this year

I think I will go with the DV anomalies as I have reset everything back to factory settings and it still did it.

I just find watching most content in HDR10 is easier anyways as the change from DV to HDR10 while there is not substantial enough to deal with some of the issues that DV has given me.

Thanks for the help

:lol

Dude I got to the point i was hating myself :lol

If I dont count my kids Blu Rays and blue Ray sets that come in just one case then my collection shrinks more to about 400 films.. So not as bad.

Yeah forcing the HDR10 seems to eliminate those weird ghosting bluring smudge effects

Weird but then again HDR10 is easy peezy when compared to DV

I shouldn’t be but I am stressed were all my stuff is going after I croak lol

Last edited:
Weird but then again HDR10 is easy peezy when compared to DV

Do you use DV at all?

I slowed down my collecting and decided to sell a lot of stuff off when it occurred to me that its all junk once Im dead :lol

I keep the stuff that I want to give to my kids but I have sold off movies and statues that I know they dont care about.

Its funny we spend good $ on these expensive statues and collect these movies but in the long long run they are all going to end up in a dump somewhere / sometime. Might not be while we are alive or even a generation after we are dead.. but they will all be junk at sometime.

Kind of dark thinking but that all "stuff" is.

I still like to collect as its fun to look at.. But I have no real attachment to 90% of it.

Its very freeing feeling to sell off a bunch of stuff and simplify the life.

You know I'm in good health (knock on wood) but I'm not gonna lie I've been finding myself more and more cognizant of what kind of a material footprint I'll be leaving for my kids to clean up as well. And even though I certainly haven't lived it I've always felt a certain appeal to Robert De Niro's line in Heat that went something to the effect of "never own more things than what you can pack up in 15 minutes time."

And with that in mind I do try and purge what I can each year, particularly stuff that's just "in storage" in boxes, out of the way and what have you. It's like okay if I've owned such and such for how many years and never even *looked at it* let alone used it why is it even here? I'm a big believer in keeping margin in your life and it feels so good to have storage areas (garage, crawl space, basement, etc.) with room to spare. And when I clear things out and then just have empty space where there was previously junk that I wasn't using there's always this weird and peaceful feeling of a passive almost subconscious anxiety that I didn't even previously realize is now suddenly gone and it feels great.

Anyway a bit of a ramble I know but one that I'm seeing echoed by others more and more these days.

My Black Friday order from Vinegar Syndrome finally came in. Took it a while, but it was in perfect condition.

r5GGVkq.jpg

Do you use DV at all?

I slowed down my collecting and decided to sell a lot of stuff off when it occurred to me that its all junk once Im dead :lol

I keep the stuff that I want to give to my kids but I have sold off movies and statues that I know they dont care about.

Its funny we spend good $ on these expensive statues and collect these movies but in the long long run they are all going to end up in a dump somewhere / sometime. Might not be while we are alive or even a generation after we are dead.. but they will all be junk at sometime.

Kind of dark thinking but that all "stuff" is.

I still like to collect as its fun to look at.. But I have no real attachment to 90% of it.

Its very freeing feeling to sell off a bunch of stuff and simplify the life.

I’m a never DVer

I kid I do use it lol

Well the entire movie has always been dubbed (even by Clint himself) so yeah, slightly but that's unavoidable. Or are you referring to something else?
Well I hoped they could sync it up better. Obviously it will never be perfect, but with the last watch, it felt like it was just like 0.5 seconds off. If they could have adjusted it slightly, it would feel more inline with the lip movement. Just my thoughts on it.

Wonder if Criterion got around to fixing the whole lack of color issue with their new 4k release of Citizen Kane…?

I was looking forward to the new Pirates of the Caribbean disc, but it sounds like it's a pretty crappy transfer, from Blu-ray.com

The picture's grain has been reduced to a meshy, artificial appearance, looking frozen and flat and certainly less than genuine and flattering. Edge enhancement is in evidence. Textures have been scrubbed down and sharpened back up. Details appear waxy and lacking complexity. It's not that there is no detail, it's that it's been manipulated, rendered less than ideally lifelike or at least filmic, robbing the picture of its grand visual complexity and natural filmic beauty

Is there a trusted resource of 4K disc reviews, that I could reference, to verify which movies are worth checking out? It seems like Blu-ray's reviews are sorted by movie popularity, not A/V quality, which is what I'm really interested in.

I was looking forward to the new Pirates of the Caribbean disc, but it sounds like it's a pretty crappy transfer, from Blu-ray.com

Is there a trusted resource of 4K disc reviews, that I could reference, to verify which movies are worth checking out? It seems like Blu-ray's reviews are sorted by movie popularity, not A/V quality, which is what I'm really interested in.
I have a couple favorites, yes blu-ray.com are excellent plus:

https://thedigitalbits.com/http://www.dvdbeaver.com/https://www.highdefdigest.com/

I also read highdef and digital bits. High def said the 4K pirates wasn't all that great either so I would say bluray.com is accurate as well. Apparently the blu actually looks better. It's a shame as I really wanted to pick this one up too.

Back