Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1115_zpsughkayys.jpg

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954) on 3D blu-ray.

I think I bought this about five years ago (had it on DVD before that) and never bothered to take it out of the shrink wrap. Since I got my 3D TV a year and a half ago I've even wondered if they'd ever release it in 3D since it was such a fun to catch it in the theater that way at a theater pub about 15 years ago. So last night I was in the mood for an older flick, grabbed the Creature disc and as I'm taking off the shrink wrap I see that the bloody thing says right in plain English on the back that it featured the 2D *and* 3D version. I've had it in my damn house all this time. :lol

Watched it and it was awesome! Much better than seeing it with the old red and blue glasses. This is a movie that came from an era where they really went crazy with the pop-outs. Every other scene either his hand or a harpoon was sticking out of the screen. Awesome depth in the underwater and cave scenes too. I just loved it and from here on out it will get much more regular rotation in my player.

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954) on 3D blu-ray.

I think I bought this about five years ago (had it on DVD before that) and never bothered to take it out of the shrink wrap. Since I got my 3D TV a year and a half ago I've even wondered if they'd ever release it in 3D since it was such a fun to catch it in the theater that way at a theater pub about 15 years ago. So last night I was in the mood for an older flick, grabbed the Creature disc and as I'm taking off the shrink wrap I see that the bloody thing says right in plain English on the back that it featured the 2D *and* 3D version. I've had it in my damn house all this time. :lol

Watched it and it was awesome! Much better than seeing it with the old red and blue glasses. This is a movie that came from an era where they really went crazy with the pop-outs. Every other scene either his hand or a harpoon was sticking out of the screen. Awesome depth in the underwater and cave scenes too. I just loved it and from here on out it will get much more regular rotation in my player.

If you haven't, watch House of Wax 3D as well (the old one). Great 3D for an old movie.

I haven't watched the Creature since I got my 3d setup. I'm excited to watch it in 3d.

Excellent 3D!! You'll be amazed.

I'm very tempted to get the FF Best Buy Steel book for $9.99. I mean, it's the price of lunch. But I also heard it's not that great.

Back