Your GOTY 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really follow goty type stuff. Is there a place that people actually care about for this. Like..the gaming equivalent of the oscars or something? I know Spike has that show, but I doubt anyone takes that seriously.

Spike TV is a joke, they always give it to GTA. This is more personal, as it's not a poll.

:hi5: As it should. There were games I may have enjoyed more, but Last of Us is heads and shoulders above the competition. The analogy I use is this. I loved Pacific Rim. It was my favorite movie of the year. But 12 Years a Slave is clearly the best film this year. my preference of one over the other does not subtract from the superiority of the other. And I like 12 Years a Slave. But it's not something I can watch over and over like Pacific Rim. Same with The Last of Us.

TLOU was leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.

TLOU is my pick and probably the best, but I can't really comment on the competition since I haven't played Bioshock nor Arkham Origins, people even say AC4 has a good story.

And let's be real, it's not about the story alone, there are many other factors that define a game and in this case, a GOTY.

:hi5: As it should. There were games I may have enjoyed more, but Last of Us is heads and shoulders above the competition. The analogy I use is this. I loved Pacific Rim. It was my favorite movie of the year. But 12 Years a Slave is clearly the best film this year. my preference of one over the other does not subtract from the superiority of the other. And I like 12 Years a Slave. But it's not something I can watch over and over like Pacific Rim. Same with The Last of Us.

There's not much replay value in the single player portion of The Last of Us if you don't care about trophies.

TLOU hit on all the right points to be given that title. I can't only imagine where Naughty Dog will take the sequel.

There's not much replay value in the single player portion of The Last of Us if you don't care about trophies.

That depends on the person. I've run through SP multiple times and I always get enjoyment out of it. Never really boring.

Gameplay-wise is well made but it's not groundbreaking and really nothing special, that's one of the main complaints about the game, that and also "it has no story" but that one makes no sense :lol.

Then again, I don't think any of the candidates is groundbreaking, maybe Bioshock and AC apparently.

I thought the gameplay was very fluid, it didn't need a complex mechanic at all. And anyone who complained that it has no story is just a dense retard.

Gameplay-wise is well made but it's not groundbreaking and really nothing special, that's one of the main complaints about the game, that and also "it has no story" but that one makes no sense :lol.

Then again, I don't think any of the candidates is groundbreaking, maybe Bioshock and AC apparently.

TBH, I didn't think Bioshock did anything special either. It's a solid game, but I feel like people are getting caught up in that crazy ending and going "wow, that was amazing". That's my theory anyway as I just didn't feel like the rest of the game was that incredible. Very good, just not the greatness everyone seems to believe it is IMO.

I was bored and came up with this list.

These are all games released on Xbox 360/One (exclusives and cross platform). I don't play PS3/4, Nintendo systems or PC. So none of the Nintendo/Playstation/PC exclusives will be on my list. *Feel free to add any other categories.

Game of the Year Awards

Best FPS: Bioshock Infinite
Runner up: Dead Island Riptide

Best Sandbox game: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Runner up: Grand Theft Auto V

Best Action/Adventure game: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Runner up: Batman Arkham Origins

Best Downloadable Game: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Runner up: State of Decay

Best Horror Game: Dead Space 3
Runner up: Dead Rising 3

Best Fighting Game: Killer Instinct
Runner up: Injustice Gods Among Us

Best Story: Bioshock Infinite
Runner up: Batman Arkham Origins

Best Racing game: Forza Motorsport 5
Runner up: Need For Speed Rivals

Best Platformor: LEGO Marvel Superheroes
Runner up: Rayman Legends

Best Graphics: Ryse Son of Rome
Runner up: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (next-gen)

Biggest Surprise Game: Tomb Raider
Runner up: Metro Last Light

Biggest Disappointment: Aliens Colonial Marines
Runner up: Gears of War Judgement

Game of the Year: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

original.gif

LMAO... what game is this from?

Back