Your GOTY 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we were so spoiled this last gen.

The Last of Us
Bioshock
Gears of War series
Uncharted series
Assassin's creed 2 & 4
Tomb Raider
Arkham Series
Portal and Portal 2
Left 4 Dead series
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls 4 & 5 (Oblivion and Skyrim)
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
MGS4
Halo 3, Reach, 4
Street Fighter 4
Mortal Kombat reboot
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Alan Wake
GTA4 and 5
Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and 2
Diablo 3
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Valkyria Chronicles

I could just go on and on.

I think we were so spoiled this last gen.

The Last of Us
Bioshock
Gears of War series
Uncharted series
Assassin's creed 2 & 4
Tomb Raider
Arkham Series
Portal and Portal 2
Left 4 Dead series
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls 4 & 5 (Oblivion and Skyrim)
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
MGS4
Halo 3, Reach, 4
Street Fighter 4
Mortal Kombat reboot
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Alan Wake
GTA4 and 5
Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and 2
Diablo 3
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Valkyria Chronicles

I could just go on and on.

It's been my favorite generation by far. Let's do that...

Borderlands
Mass Effect
Dead Space
Dead Rising
Infamous
Walking Dead
Metro
Darksiders
Saints Row

last of us.. followed up by dishonored for me. eventhough dishonored was released in 2012, i played it just a few months ago.

Bioshock Infinite is good, but I won't ever consider it for GOTY. The story was very intriguing, but the formula of the game is too repetitive. You'd enter an area to hunt around for items, money, and upgrades, in order to prepare for some upcoming enemies. Then rinse and repeat that for 15 hours straight.

I like it a lot, but I don't think it's a game I'd ever replay.

Bioshock Infinite is good, but I won't ever consider it for GOTY. The story was very intriguing, but the formula of the game is too repetitive. You'd enter an area to hunt around for items, money, and upgrades, in order to prepare for some upcoming enemies. Then rinse and repeat that for 15 hours straight.

I like it a lot, but I don't think it's a game I'd ever replay.

My view of Bioshock infinite completely :1-1:

To be fair.... Last of Us gameplay is just as formulaic.

Kill, loot, upgrade. And the repetitive "puzzles" spread throughout.

Gameplay alone isn't what I love about TLOU.

Well, I just think it seems to be in excess for Bioshock Infinite compared to TLOU. Like I said, it has a great storyline, but I just don't think it's paced appropriately. The game basically forces exploration and upgrading, to the point where it can kill the entire experience of the story if you're not committed to seeing it through to the end.

In comparison, I've played the original Bioshock and that was never an issue for me.

The action/stealth it's never the same in tlou, it may be formulaic, which I disagree, but it's never repetitive, not one bit, it even less predictable than multiplyer itself, online players develop patterns, tlou's AI doesn't, and that's huge.

The action/stealth it's never the same in tlou, it may be formulaic, which I disagree, but it's never repetitive, not one bit, it even less predictable than multiplyer itself, online players develop patterns, tlou's AI doesn't, and that's huge.

:exactly: :goodpost:

TLOU is fantastic. Which reminds me, I have to finish it so I can co op with some of my buds here. I think I've kept them waiting long enough :monkey4.

TLOU is fantastic. Which reminds me, I have to finish it so I can co op with some of my buds here. I think I've kept them waiting long enough :monkey4.

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

I have to start over from scratch because I switched PSN accounts, but I don't care! :yess:

:exactly:

The AI can do something different just about every time I play it. Don't know how many times I've been flanked-raped :lol

Hurry the **** up!! You should get the season pass too, I just downloaded all the new DLC clothing for multiplayer.

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

I have to start over from scratch because I switched PSN accounts, but I don't care! :yess:

TLOU is a fun trophy run, glad I got my Plat already :peace

Back