Your GOTY 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TLOU 2 should have nothing to do with Joel or Ellie.

I know, they need new characters if they want to make it bigger.

Or go to an entirely different country.

2czpwmb.jpg

The Last of Us is certainly the victor. That is the closest to a flawless game I have ever played.

Honorable mentions: For the first time in my life I enjoyed a Splinter Cell game so Blacklist is my biggest suprise of the year for sure.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

The Last of Us is certainly the victor. That is the closest to a flawless game I have ever played.

Sounds silly, but it's become my all time favorite game. Flawless indeed, I can't really nitpick anything in the least.

I still have to download that :lol

The Last Of Us. Played it 3 times since it came out. I will go back to it again and again.

I think I've had a dozen playthroughs :lol

Honorable mentions: For the first time in my life I enjoyed a Splinter Cell game so Blacklist is my biggest suprise of the year for sure.

:lecture Good man. I really loved this game too, but after beating it I do wish Ironside was in it. Even though I'm not a graphics whore I do think one of the biggest problems that plagued this game was that it looked like an early 360/PS3 release, and not a end of life cycle release for these systems. I even think the PC version has subpar graphics, and I just completed it again. :dunno Other than that I thought the story was pretty good for a Tom Clancy game.

There's not much replay value in the single player portion of The Last of Us if you don't care about trophies.

Totally disagree. You could say this about any game if you really wanted to. Once a game is complete and you know the story, what's the point of playing it again? This game is fun, intense and has a great story. So just like I would watch a good movie multiple times, I will play this multiple times.

I thought the gameplay was very fluid, it didn't need a complex mechanic at all. And anyone who complained that it has no story is just a dense retard.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Completely agree. Amazing emotional story and journey. You felt apart of this long journey, over the course of 4 seasons.
The quiet, reflective moments, combined with the tension filled scenes was awesome.

Not to mention, it was a technical marvel in visuals for the PS3.

Nothing will match this game this year.

For me it's a very close tie between The Last of Us and Gone Home. Both games had some of the most compelling narratives I've ever experienced in a game.

I think if I really had to choose, I'd pick Gone Home simply because you don't know what lies ahead and the revelation is truly shocking (and surprising) indeed. I was literally trembling with fear at the last part in the attic. You play as a young woman who returns home from traveling abroad only to find that your family is missing and there's a creepy voice mail left behind. It's up to you to piece together the clues and unravel the mystery in a sort of non-linear fashion. The only real nitpick I can say is that it's barely a game and it's over in 2 hours, but those are some of the most surprisingly pleasing 2 hours I ever had in a game. :clap

For some strange unexplained reason, I never finished the story mode of GTAV, despite finishing every main console installment of the series. I have nothing against the game, I just have no idea why I'm not compelled to do so.

for me Gone home was horrible, maybe because i knew nothing would happen. i played it all night, was a bit afraid, but that's all, the story is shocking once you realize and put the pieces together, but meh...
goty for me was the last of us tied with gta V

So, I just started playing TLOU last night (and a bit this morning). What an amazing introduction. This will most likely be my GOTY. The mechanics feel solid so far, just like Uncharted 3.

for me Gone home was horrible, maybe because i knew nothing would happen. i played it all night, was a bit afraid, but that's all, the story is shocking once you realize and put the pieces together, but meh...
goty for me was the last of us tied with gta V

Well, the topic is called your game of the year. :lol

So, I just started playing TLOU last night (and a bit this morning). What an amazing introduction. This will most likely be my GOTY. The mechanics feel solid so far, just like Uncharted 3.

TLOU indeed feels like Uncharted sans the platforming and polished to perfection. I'm surprised it took you this long to play it.

BO2 for multiplayer & GTA for Single player.

I've not played TLOU unfortunately. After my 2nd PS3 died I didn't replace it because the next Gen was looming by then. This is why I don't understand Fanboys, I have to buy both systems because you end up missing out on great games.

Back