Your first war FPS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
The genre now is the dominate one among store shelves...but back in the day there weren't many first person shooters based on war. Now they are a dime a dozen. I was wondering what everyones entry into the now popular genre was?

Mine was the very first Medal of Honor on the PSX. I had never seen a shooter done so well in WW2 before, for the time I thought it was amazing. Me and Lt. Jimmy Patterson kicked some nazi ass back in '99.

moh1psx_004-large.jpg

Goldeneye on the 64. I wasn't much for 1st person shooters until I played Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2 on the 360. From there I was hooked!

Wolfenstein 3d was the first one I played that would be like those of today.

I am not sure the old Star Wars arcade game can be considered FPS.

Wolfenstein 3d was the first one I played that would be like those of today.

I am not sure the old Star Wars arcade game can be considered FPS.

Wolfenstien 3D was also my first.

I remember the original Medal of Honor for the PC as well. I still think hands down, it has the best war FPS story, comparing it to CoD, BF and BC series.

Wolfenstien 3D was also my first.

I remember the original Medal of Honor for the PC as well. I still think hands down, it has the best war FPS story, comparing it to CoD, BF and BC series.

I preferred Call of Duty, if we're comparing their first releases. I enjoyed both for sure, but COD was the first to incorporate cinematic game moments that made the game seem more real, important, and epic such as the D-day landing in Normandy (inspired by Saving Private Ryan). The Stalingrad mission was the best part IMO, from the boat landing where other boats were being bombed around you (nobody had done this yet) Me101's bombing the landing zone, to running into the square with just ammo and no gun until another Russian died and dropped one. Most shooters of today still use some of these COD tricks to make the game more interesting.

All in all, COD broke new ground for the FPS that we still enjoy the benefits of today.

Quake 2. It also introduced me to multiplayer death match - 4 way multi tap was the nuts. I lost a lot of my life to that game at uni. :)

So by "war" do you mean military based? Cause Doom, and Duke Nukem are definitely not military based.

Mine would be be Wolf 3D and the original Rainbow Six

Wolfenstein 3d. Although it wasn't my first, Blood was pretty memorable and I think that was the first time I ever played online. Either that or Quake..

Back